So why don't you watercool, Jow Forums?

so why don't you watercool, Jow Forums?

Attached: cool.jpg (3120x4160, 1013K)

blue display inside is water temp

Attached: uptime.png (1434x1439, 296K)

What if the water goes bad?

low end rigs like mine don't need it

even considered chink watercooling parts. maybe when I get a 1440p monitor and the gpu to run it

pump breaking or water leaking sounds worse

you don't let it happen in the first place by first, using water with some biocide and anti-corrosive in it and second, replacing the water every 6 months or so.

but if it does go grow algae or something, you probably can flush the system a few times, and you're fine. If it's really bad, you'd have to take everything apart and clean the blocks. there's also a chance you'd have to replace some parts if there's deterioration.

ya, everything is chink in here. Barrow and Bykski

>not having a swamp cooler inside your PC case
never gonna make it

>replacing the water every 6 months or so.
being too lazy to do this is a big reason why I don't desu

takes about an hour?

Expensive and more risky, I like to keep things simple and stable.

Is it actually water?
What about all those systems that use colored goopy liquids that resemble cum?
What about using a 50/50 mix of water and automotive antifreeze like ethylene glycol?

that shit's just water with dye in it.

water+antifreeze doesn't cool as well as straight water, actually. pretty much anything you can put in water cools worse, water is very close to the ideal liquid for this. Cars cut it with glycol because they need it to stay liquid well below 0C and not boil until far above 100C. Neither of those are needed for computer cooling, though.

valid points. i was scared at first but after doing the research, it wasn't so bad. Also I live in china, so I got all the parts cheap. In the end, I got 20% more OC on my CPU and GPU and reduced the noise to inaudible, so it was definitely worth it.

yeah, using distilled water with a clear premix 1 part to 8 parts water.

my noctua d14 doesn't let my 2700x go above 72 degrees celsius. unless i'm encoding, my temps rarely go above 35 for normal PC use and 50 for gaming.

cool, what's your 2700x clocked at?

also, my fans don't spin faster than 700rpm, though I might set them slower.

factory clock. i don't feel the need to overclock, i get more than enough performance. kinda wish i bought something with lower TDP honestly.

Expensive
Risky
Requires more maintenance
Offers another point of failure
Can be just as loud as air cooler system
Only takes a couple °c off idle temps and load temps

I will stick with fans for now

this

Attached: be_quiet!_dark_rock_pro_4_06.jpg (1920x1280, 331K)

then try undervolting for lower power consumption. I usually undervolt phones for battery life

what do you use to undervolt phones?

^this^

Heatpipes and thicc coolers look great

Only use water cooling since I have an rvz01 and all the air coolers suck in this case.

I recommend you buy gamer water if you want the best

kernel settings? you could use Kernel Adiutor. might also experiment with your governors if you're interested

Water cooling is loud as fuck.

Attached: sensors.png (1280x710, 230K)

Is the noctua d15 the best air cooler for ryzen right now? I have a 2600 now but plan on upgrading to the 3700x or 3800x once they drop