Do you think it's possible that the government is behind the conspiracy to discredit TrueCrypt?

Do you think it's possible that the government is behind the conspiracy to discredit TrueCrypt?

The code was audited and it passed with mostly flying colors. The FBI tried for months to crack open a laptop encrypted with TrueCrypt and failed. They knew that they can't break TrueCrypt's implementation of AES-256. So perhaps they decided to launch a campaign to discredit TrueCrypt instead.

And the sad part is that it seems to have been successful. Pretty much everyone including even tech-minded people are now under the false impression that TrueCrypt is broken. So now they use Microsoft's proprietary closed-source BitLocker instead which is probably full of NSA backdoors. :(

Attached: bfb21-truecryptlogo.png (512x512, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/04/truecrypt-audit-finds-no-evidence-of-backdoors-or-malicious-code/
schneier.com/blog/archives/2015/04/truecrypt_secur.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one's stopping you from using it user.

>what is VeraCrypt
nobody who ever used or even knew what TrueCrypt was would ever use BitLocker. stop talking out of your ass.

Are you dumb? The audit revealed no major security flaws. The developer just pussied out because he got tired of his project.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/04/truecrypt-audit-finds-no-evidence-of-backdoors-or-malicious-code/

schneier.com/blog/archives/2015/04/truecrypt_secur.html

>The security audit of the TrueCrypt code has been completed (see here for the first phase of the audit), and the results are good.

dumb neo-Jow Forums

Attached: 10e6110c7140b772d6d4115f1f66967a.jpg (1280x1920, 1.04M)

What if the real conspiracy is making people believe there's a conspiracy that truecrypt was audited positively?

>The developer just pussied out because he got tired of his project.
kek that isn't even scratching the surface

Paul Le Roux didn't get tired. He got a bonfire lit under his ass by the government. He shut down his operation because it was becoming a liability.

My bad, alright then, they didn't get tired of it but there was allegedly stolen code. At least in E4M.

>David Tesařík registered the TrueCrypt trademarking the US and Czech Republic, and Ondrej Tesarik registered the not-for-profit TrueCrypt company in the US.

Were there more than 3 people on the TrueCrypt team?

Attached: 50a895f8b6947d0b7dc9ed826ee82c10.jpg (1280x1920, 1.13M)

True, but the full disk encryption feature is far less useful now since most modern computers come with UEFI and secure boot which TC doesn't support.

When the main website shut down, it was replaced by a message that recommended BitLocker. Many people thought this was a sign that things weren't right because BitLocker is a closed-source proprietary piece of software written by a company (Microsoft) that is on friendly terms with the NSA.

And yet if you look at what most businesses and people use today then it's BitLocker. People like the convenience of Microsoft's solution since it's integrated into the OS.

Hence why I said it passed with mostly flying colors. To be completely fair, there were some rather minor bugs found, but overall they found it was pretty solid.

Just use LUKS or pgp

Damn my reading comprehension gets worse by the day in this humid summer heat. Again sorry. I'm the retard.

Attached: fd0f33ff.jpg (277x296, 24K)

>True, but the full disk encryption feature is far less useful now since most modern computers come with UEFI and secure boot which TC doesn't support.
Cant you turn them off in BIOS and then proceed unhindered?

Paul Le Roux was the original developer of E4M. He didn't steal his own code. Also we don't know how many of his employees were involved in the projects. He likely shut down TrueCrypt as part of a deal with the FBI to get a reduced sentence in court.

The NSA has managed to somehow get their malware into most modern compilers. It doesn't matter how good Veracrypts source is, once you compile it on any moderately recent system it will have backdoors in it.
They shut down True Crypt because they had a bad code base that only compiled with old versions of a compiler and needed some obscure add-ons (This is something the audit criticized TC for, but they didn't know that this was exactly what made True Crypt on accident so secure). This meant that they could not create backdoors in it. Whether the TC devs knew of this or were just too lazy to clean up their code, nobody knows.

>Oy vey! What do you think right now, user? We've seen a particularly unsettling comment on here, so we must know!

>Have all the power in the world to create big tittied, phat ass thots
>Create tiny tits and flat ass shit instead
Disappoint.

Do you have any sources for this?

Of course he doesnt

The audit part is written in their report. The existence of compiler malware is common knowledge but I have no prove for that of course. Are you waiting for the NSA to publicize their internal documents so you have prove or what? Sometime you need to pull conclusions on your own.

I still find it fucking hilarious that people use Truecrypt instead of just using LUKS/dmcrypt.

>The NSA has managed to somehow get their malware into most modern compilers
No need, microsoft can just push an update to your computer.

Yes you can. I have booted a TC FDE system drives with high-end 2018 hardware without problems after disabling said features.

>The existence of compiler malware is common knowledge but I have no prove for that of course.
So let me get this straight. You're saying it's common knowledge that
>EVERYTHING'S COMPROMISED BY A GHOST NSA BACKDOOR NO-ONE CAN FIND BUT IT'S TOTALLY EVERYWHERE
That's a reasonable claim.

No, I'm saying that it's common knowledge to know about the possibility of compromised compilers.

>The NSA has managed to somehow get their malware into most modern compilers. It doesn't matter how good Veracrypts source is, once you compile it on any moderately recent system it will have backdoors in it.
That's a factual claim, not a "possibility".

>The existence of compiler malware
*The possibility

Attached: 1543519572700.png (300x250, 80K)

This is what happens when you drink too much fluoride. You become a brain dead retard that cobbles everything they hear on FOX and CNN up.

I'm saying the possibility of compiler malware is common knowledge and I claim that it is used to a great extend nowadays. Those are two different statements that do not contradict each other you retarded sheep. Is your damaged brain capable of understanding this now?

>make bullshit posts
>user calls you on it
>instead of admitting your mistake, double down and call the user a retard
What you're doing is damage control, and it's pathetic.

I use both, TC for actually important personal data and BL for niggerproofing a burner laptop at work

What sort of work requires a "burner laptop"?

Ricing my i3 Arch setup with anime wallpapers and shitposting on Jow Forums of course.