Anyone running a hackintosh?

Anyone running a hackintosh?
Share your setups.
Mine is pic related.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 7.53.48 PM.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sixtyforce.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

macOS is so beautiful.

Attached: 1558568836306.png (953x638, 622K)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 15.02.33.png (438x324, 47K)

How to into hackintosh?

What the fuck now the keyboard is roken
what the FUCK it works but it doesn't?

vvbvbvbvbnbvbnvbvbnbnbnvbvbvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Been thinking about a hackentosh vm for my server for shiggles. Never used mac os is the hackentosh worth anymore than just the learning experience?

hackintosh is not for low IQ people

>a hackentosh vm for my server for shiggles
why? it will surely use more CPU/ram than linux and you don't care about DE or software compabillity on a fucking server.

No ut do it anyway it's pretty easy for a asic setup.

Litterally shits and giggles. Already only use linux vm/container for everything and 1-2 windows instances because i had no other option. But resources are not a huge problem and there is always powerdown/delete

it will be surely more complex than installing a hackintosh. you have to pass the GPU through for the UI to be usable...

I think there is a video from the fat guy from linustech tips doing it.

Honestly based fat guy is the one that got me thinking about it.

sounds like a waste of time, it's just as illegal as running an hackintosh according to apple ToS, but more complex and need more hardware (extra GPU to pass through)..

I got a setup working in about 25 minutes, and another 10 to passthrough the GPU & download drivers (it was a nvidia).
Passing through the built-in audio was a lot more work though, and passing through the built-in USB didn't work, maybe I'll fix it one day.

If you intend to use it without a GPU, it will basically looks like Windows without a GPU except animations are still there. Screen tearing everywhere and it's stuck to 1280*720.

Thats good to know. Gpu is probably all i would passthrough. i could live without audio and usb.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 16.55.44 (2).png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

I've had almost every version since Leopard 10.5 (iatkos) up to 10.14.
The best versions were 10.6 (maximum comfy), 10.9 (last version before flat bullshit UI), 10.10 (last version which supports genericXHCI). It went down since then

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

I was considering it to run live and logic pro, anyone tried?

does anyone know when the Mojave Nvidia drivers are gonna be released?

Never

How to fix the network?

I'm trying to use mine daily but I can't get used to the God damn keyboard shortcuts after using Windows and Linux for almost 30 years.
It's a very good OS, but the shortcut thing makes me go back to Windows every single time.
What can I do about it?

>What can I do about it?
remap the modifier keys under keyboard preferences? or use karabiner application if you need more control.

Yeah, I noticed the option, but I still mess up even after switching super and ctrl.
I saw something about a profile for Karabiner that emulates Windows shortcuts. I may give it a try.

Karabiner is powerful, you can remap any key however you want.

I use it to swap command+option on a Logitech keyboard and swap the freakin grave_accent_and_tilde (since it's annyoing as fuck when using string interpolation with ` `).

I think windows and linux users are retarded with CTRL. its much easier to use the command key with a thumb, but whatever...

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 17.39.53.png (1944x1114, 160K)

I've had almost every version since Leopard 10.5 (iatkos) up to 10.14.
The best versions were 10.6 (maximum comfy), 10.9 (last version before flat bullshit UI), 10.10 (last version which supports genericXHCI). It went down since then

What the fuck now the keyboard is roken
what the FUCK it works but it doesn't?

vvbvbvbvbnbvbnvbvbnbnbnvbvbvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

doubt it, but whatever... karabiner works better then autohotkey on windows for me.

>mvp instead of iina
why do you have to show off how new you are?

Why do un-riced GNU desktops always look like AIDS

Thumb for the command key? Wtf.
I use my pinky for CTRL and it just feels natural. Reaching for the command key just doesn't feel right.
But hey, thanks for the heads up about Karabiner. I also need it to add some characters of my language to the same key combination as Windows and Linux.
Do you use a hackintosh for how long? I'm not sure about how updates goes since this is my first install that I'm using for more than a week.
I'm also trying to fix some issues in a most vanilla way as possible. Also thinking about migrating the system to a SSD. Is it worth it?

>Do you use a hackintosh for how long?
since 10.6.8, this is my hardware (bought it specially for hackintosh and its very stable)

I can do updates like on real Mac (using clover boot loader), as you can see on the screenshot, its the latest version.

If you research the hardware before you buy it, it will be very stable. And you obviously can't buy the newest hardware (until apple supports it). For example there RX480 was poorly supported until apple used similar GPU's in their own hardware, now it works perfectly.

My hardware is pretty much perfect for hackintosh. It's a Gigabyte motherboard with plenty of people using it and also a RX480. I even have SSDT optimized from other users with the same board and processor
I don't care about wifi since I'm on Ethernet, so everything is pretty much close to vanilla.
It's nice to know that updates aren't going to be a problem.

>Nvidia
I see, posting as long as you still can.

Nope because MacOS sucks dicks, I use Windows and would recommend either using Windows or Linux.

How to fix the network?

OP a macOS shill

I'm trying to use mine daily but I can't get used to the God damn keyboard shortcuts after using Windows and Linux for almost 30 years.
It's a very good OS, but the shortcut thing makes me go back to Windows every single time.
What can I do about it?

Leopard was maximum comfy, Slow Leopard was a pile of shit.

Nope because MacOS sucks dicks, I use Windows and would recommend either using Windows or Linux.

Now you get the authentic mac experience.

Attached: itoddler.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

why not just use linux

I'm about to leave macOS, too. It's like a shitty Linux distro except some $1000 programs I don't need were ported on it (and run worse than the Windows versions) and the FOSS stuff everyone has installed runs worse.

MacOS is like the poor man's GNU+Linux. It tries to act the same way but keeps your hands tied so you wouldn't crash it immediately. Install the real deal if no one is forcing you to stay.

do all native mac apps (app store/itunes store/imessage/facetime/etc) function on a hackintosh?

but you can run sixtyforce
sixtyforce.com/

IMAGINE
PAYING
FOR
EMULATION

Holy fuck, Satania, I need you here.

>It's nice to know that updates aren't going to be a problem.
nope, as I've said, I've installed Catalina without even creating a thumb drive.

Just downloaded the installer, chose a different partition and copied the necessary kexts into the EFI partition (from 10.14 folder to 10.15) folder.

also, doubt you have to edit SSDT, I think clover does the heavy lifting for you. There is also hackintool app to help you optimise it further. But again, I did nothing... The only thing necessary for my setup are some additional kexts.
>applealc (fixes audio)
>an etherenet kexts (I use a wifi adapter, but you need ethernet for iMessage to work)
>whatvergreen (not needed for my gpu, but allows you to view iTunes stuff which is DRM protected)
>lilu kext (dependency of whatevergreen and applealc)
>virtualSMC.kext (or FakeSMC.kext)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 18.22.24.png (742x702, 98K)

yes
but you actually get function microsoft office unlike linux

Okay, that's probably the one advantage it has.

I'm about to leave macOS, too. It's like a shitty Linux distro except some $1000 programs I don't need were ported on it (and run worse than the Windows versions) and the FOSS stuff everyone has installed runs worse.

why not just use linux