Debian stable for servers

>Debian stable for servers
>Debian sid for desktops
>Fedora if you're a faggot
Stop using meme distros, these are the only relevant ones.

Attached: gnu slash loli.jpg (695x697, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/releases/sid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I refuse to support Debian or anything related to it. Fuck those marxist communist zealots, and fuck the shittiest clusterfuck ever that is APT/deb.

Fedora for your desktop, CentOS for your servers. RHEL for your servers at work. Full stop.

cute pic

Uh, I thought gamergate was banished to the other chan....

>gamergate
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the literal incident where several core maintainers and devs were harassed and left alienated by activism bullshit, lead particularly by frontmen (pun intended) in Debian Women. Many devs saw no other alternative but to leave the project entirely, as the community had grown so toxic and hostile they started rejecting their patches and commits based on their involvement in fucking email list discussion and forum posts.

I don't know about you, but I happen to agree with those alienated maintainers and devs; all contributions AREN'T of equal importance to the Debian community. Translation to some dead language that has no active speakers is not as important as f.eks. fixing security vulnerabilities in Iceweasel or manually merging dependencies for newer versions of software libraries.

Windows doesn't have this problem.

Windows has every other problem though.

sid is a fucking mess lol, if you want bleeding edge go Arch, they at least *try* to make shit work. Debian literally tell you you're on your own because they have zero intention of people ever using sid for anything real.

Honestly though if you have bleeding edge at all you're a retard. You don't need those updates you wouldn't even notice that were there or not, or you notice is when shit breaks because it hasn't been tested. Stop being an edgy 'leet haxor' who has to impress strangers on Jow Forums and use a real distro that just fucking works.

>if you have bleeding edge at all you're a retard.
Or a developer who likes to test software and contribute feedback and reports to the community? Take your pretentious attitude and fuck off, it's clear you don't participate in the community if you only use stable software.

I always use Ubuntu.
Whatever problem you have or whatever you want to install, it has been tested in Ubuntu

Ubuntu is very buggy tho, even LTS

Debian for servers and ubuntu non-lts for desktops.

absolutely, if it wasn't for red hat and enterprise support, linux would have been a heap of ash years ago
rpm-based distros are the absolute standard in the linux world and no amount of arguing over social contract is going to change that.

Attached: red.png (255x198, 4K)

FPBP, absolutely based and redpilled

How are you gonna deploy software without some dull egde software at least? You can't start developing with packages that are already 5years behind. When your actual software drops, the packages will be 10years old, maybe even depricated wich would make yours depricated too. I agree that there's a lot of faggotry on Arch and especially within their AUR involved, but people shitting on up to date packages are even more retarded than pic related.

Attached: 1541606986154.jpg (900x1200, 208K)

Holy fuck, is that CWC?

install gentoo

agree but for desktop better choice is testing relase

>Debian stable for servers
Stable for desktop is the comfiest experience ever.
This meme about all packages being extremely old need to die. Each Debian stable release lasts for 2 years in average, just like Ubuntu LTS.

Attached: file.png (401x181, 21K)

Debian + Xfce is the comfiest GNU/Linux experience I ever had.

I'll use whatever I want, your opinion is irrelevant

stop being a faggot

no

>Be me
>Install Arch, takes maybe an hour
>Just werks
>Get all work done
I don't see the problem user

Close. That's what CWC has become. CWC as we knew him died many years ago.

Fair point. If he wasn't such a horrible person, I'd probably feel sorry for him.

Ubuntu LTS for Servers
Xubuntu for desktops

Stop using meme distros, these are the only relevant ones.

openSUSE, because they actually fix shit

Attached: 1543338315796-g.gif (531x359, 100K)

Debian stable for servers
Windows 10 for desktops

gnu chan is so cute

>Debian sid for desktops
debian.org/releases/sid/
>Please note that security updates for "unstable" distribution are not managed by the security team. Hence, "unstable" does not get security updates in a timely manner.
No thanks

more like testing for desktops if you don't want your shit to break the day after installing, but good post anyway I agree