/spg/ - Smart Phone General

S8 Active edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

First for new Xcover SM-G889F

Attached: Screenshot_3-01.jpg (1036x1080, 183K)

Why is the camera on the s10 so mediocre? Genuinely disappointed and wondering if i should return it.

Attached: 20190612_131123.jpg (3024x4032, 3.96M)

Just bought the 9T, hope it's not that much worse, because I wanted the K20 Pro.

Is there anyway that I can get a more stock Android situation going on the K20 without using a launcher? If I installed a new rom, that may screw with the popup camera.

no

will the xperia 20 be good?

Attached: XPERIA-20-5K_1.jpg (3000x2721, 464K)

>meme aspect ratio
no
either you watch videos with massive spaces on the sides, essentially only making use of half the screen
or you zoom in to 'fit screen', and you cut off large areas of the top and bottom of the video
fucking ridiculous

what the FUCK are these sony designers and bosses smoking?

exynos or snapdragon?

Snapdragon

>If I installed a new rom, that may screw with the popup camera.
Who knows? Check XDA.

Download Google Camera
it makes the camera better

I bought a 9T today
AMA

Attached: green is my pepper.jpg (888x716, 90K)

I did. I downloaded it and its honestly worse or at best just a little better. And the front camera looks p bad and auto flips images.

please be aware that the Xiaomi Mi 9T is available on the french webstore Cdiscount

>299€ for 6GB / 64GB
>349€ for 6GB / 128 GB

They ship to France, Belgium, Germany, Spain and Italy

well the camera is better than my s8 eyxnos

What are some good phones that don't focus so much on the camera? I'd much rather pay for durability, memory, speed etc instead of 4 camera's on the back and a front camera i'll probably never use.

are they legit? what about warranty/return?

other thread is dead, I'll continue here
ebay is safe to buy phones right?

Attached: aa.png (791x352, 39K)

please link the 128 GB, can only find the 64 for 300

Attached: cd.png (1854x794, 210K)

>Galaxy Active series
>great phones
>crazy battery life
>physical buttons are awesome
>Samsung fucks it up with the S8 Active
>no physical buttons

Samsung, what the fuck is wrong with you?

What's the lightest weight rom for a Galaxy S6?

cdiscount is 100% legit, one of the biggest french webstore, and yes they do have refunds

shit sorry user, looks like the 9T 128GB is out of stock

Pure AOSP, nothing but Android, no Gapps either but then again without those it's somewhat useless really.

Amazing that people think Nexus and Pixel devices were "pure Android" - they weren't, they were technically custom ROMs because Android doesn't come with Gapps, and Gapps are custom apps.

Android = AOSP, plain and simple.

If it's got ANYTHING else added to it, even one single Gapp, it's not pure Android anymore. Every Nexus and Pixel device has Gapps on it, hence none of them have ever been pure Android.

DEAL WITH IT

It's gonna be running as a slave device for AAGateWay, the less stuff the better

Went through two Pixel 3's due to the ambient display flicker that's a known issue. Jumped to a Huawei P30 Pro right before the shit show, but still much happier overall, using Nova and an icon theme.

I'm very close to buying a OP7P

pls convince me not too

Will the audio quality improve drastically on a Redmi K20 pro coming from a redmi note 5?

do it if you can afford it. It's the fastest phone on the market and will remain the fastest at least until next summer.

90% of android apps rely on the google play framework. And Google is making the Android framework increasingly dependent on it, and Google services like firebase.

Presumably the biggest thing you'd be missing is Google play. Sure you could sideload apps but again good luck finding one that doesn't rely on google play services which handles everything from network connectivity, to sign in, to license checking.

What's the verdict on the OnePlus 7 Pro? Are there any deal-breakers?

2big

It's literally like walking around with a dick in your hand

>shit sorry user, looks like the 9T 128GB is out of stock

Attached: 1d23fcec2d8eb702c748ed4c908f19c49f2abfb17656d26ca67f7d1b50926198.jpg (205x246, 6K)

shit, just wanted to buy
only places I can find the 9T is in sketchy shops.

Why are you guys buying the 9T and not the 9T Pro?

>9T Pro
becuase it does not exist

Attached: 1534778194257.jpg (464x357, 25K)

Screw Smartphone, I love using my Nokia e-50!

Attached: nokia-e50-00.jpg (254x501, 31K)

Attached: 149599912301.png (751x585, 722K)

Not the same upgrade, went from RN3 to Mi9, the Mi9 and the K20P probably have very similar audio hardware, at least the DaC is the same.
There's a pretty big difference in speaker quality, though Xiaomi still isn't at the level of the competition here, while call quality is up to par and a noticeable upgrade. In terms of headphone sound, I can barely notice any difference between the 3.5 mm sound of my old Redmi and the analog over USB-C on the Mi.
Bluetooth sound, for some to me unknown reason, is far better, even when using the same standard quality connection. Makes no sense since the headphones should be doing all the work here, but I'm no expert on BT connection.

>tfw can't decide between 9T and Zenfone

it is pretty big and it's probably the worst offender of curved glass out there. Other than that it's pretty great.

Is the mi 9T the same as the mi 9 except the notch, and is it really a mechanical camera?

What do you mean by "mechanical"? If you are talking about the open and close mechanism, then yeah, duh.

>Is the mi 9T the same as the mi 9 except the notch
No, it's closer to the Mi9 SE (but better)
>and is it really a mechanical camera?
Yes, it automatically pops up when you switch to it in the camera app.

I this camera idea, but I think buying a mi 9 would be smarter. What do you thinks?

I see, I thought it'd make a significant difference since it got Hi-Res audio certification. I was referring mainly to audio quality from the jack.

How is that mediocre? Magnificent parrot btw.

In the future, the Note phones won't have any buttons on them either. kek

Honestly can't wait for the pixel4 and iPhone xi release so I can decide on a new phone. How do I cope
Send help

Depends on what you need. Off the top of my head, the Mi 9 has a faster chip, better cameras, what seems to be a better screen (at least on paper), faster charging and wireless charging.
The Mi 9T has some advantages over the Mi 9: no notch, larger battery and a headphone jack. All three can be deal breakers depending on your daily use.

any redmi 7 users? does it feels cheap in the hands?????

>best cameras
>dogshit hardware and QC
why can't Google make good phones

>How do I cope
always buy the latest phone
when a new one comes out sell your current one to get some of your money back
there

huh

Attached: moto one act.png (606x784, 207K)

Hi-Res certification is a meme.

I can't sell my current phone, my wagie cagie owns it. A run down Galaxy S7. I want to try out an iPhone for the first time but pixel 4 is tempting too.

>pimple notch

Attached: 1414983369762.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

lol Motorola has lost it, who uses holeshit and exyshit in their phones?

Looks blurry and soft if you zoom in even a little

it's all made/owned by jewgle anyways so really what's the fucking difference

Is the S8 Active unlocked?

Is the Xiaomi Mi9 SE good?
I don't mind no headphone jack btw.
If not what other phone in the 280€ price range is better.
Things I look for are a good Camera, and the phone not being too large for 1 hand use.

Here's your new pixel bro

Attached: 1560366233596.jpg (1024x512, 26K)

Kind of want a pixel, not going to lie.

21:9 is based you retard.No black bars while watching movies and extended views for games.

i did it

i dropped full price on a oneplus 7 pro

not bought a phone since OP3 and its had no issues in the 2/3 years ive had it, hopefuly this is the same

Attached: 1425648035921.jpg (480x454, 33K)

>for me it's the poco f2

Attached: 1560323138558.png (961x500, 313K)

>hole in the screen
lol, fuckin SAGE

>curveshit
you fucked up bro

I am looking for a cheap phone with a decent camera. I've narrowed it down to the Xiaomi A2 Lite and the Huawei Y6 2019.

The Huawei is cheaper and has a better camera but the Xiaomi is better in pretty much every other way.

What says Jow Forums?

Attached: Bild 5 - Kopie.png (498x343, 197K)

Just get original pixel

That's a bit over budget, but thanks.

Redmi 7

I looked at it in the store but my hands are too small.

how is a Mi A2 Lite not too big for your hands?!

It's 5.8" instead of 6.3"

Fuck, what's with the watercolor effect? This looks Xperia tier. Anons chime in plox, the bird looks like a painting.

Attached: whenToTrain.jpg (498x416, 25K)

that usually indicates sharpening effect

And if gcam didn't work for this, what hope do chinkphones have? Fuck, it's time to get a Pixelshit.

>tfw people are paying $300 more for 90hz when they could just get k20p

refresh rate is important desu

Attached: Untitled.png (406x390, 10K)

Quit shilling your chinkphone. No self respecting man bothers with a chinkphone, imagine using a chinky OS or bothering with a custom ROM. Fucking tranny lovers and autistic degenerates do that shit, just fuck that, I bet you cunts use Linux too.

>TN shit
enjoy your dogshit colors and viewing angles, but yes, high refresh rate is godly. But the thing is, it's not mainstream on phones. Until that happens, you're stuck if you use a OnePlus 7 Pro or something and then you move on to another phone in a few years and it's only 60hz, you'll feel sick.

just wait until the iphone gets 120hz
we will see $150 chinkshit phones with 120hz displays, just like when apple introduced the notch and every manufacturer jumped on it

>what hope do chinkphones have?
The gcam works better with chinkphones because of the sensors they use.
>Fuck, it's time to get a Pixelshit.
Do this if you want the absolute best, though, as long as you don't need versatility.

>tfw Essential phone
Rocking notches before it was cool

Still no microSD slot? Headphone jack? LTE B20?

chinkphone sensors are better than the stuff they got on the S10?

Headphone jack and LTE B20, no one needs a microSD slot nowadays.

Not necessarily, but they are either close to the one used in the Pixels or rely on the principle of using large pixels to capture more light, which gcam can put to use. Samsung, on the other hand, uses a neat, but entirely different concept with an actual variable aperture that can let in more light to the sensor when needed. There are gcam builds that have manual control of the aperture, but the processing seems to do better with the first method chinkphones use.

Any thoughts on the LG G8? I'm looking for a phone with similar features to the Axon 7:

-Front-facing speakers
-Decent processor
-3.5mm jack
-microSD
-High quality DAC

I've never bought a phone with a speaker behind the screen so I'm curious about that and how the DTS:X audio sounds. And is the bootloop meme still relevant? The notch is kind of a turn off but I think I can suck it up. It's just this phone is more expensive than the Axon 7 so I want to make sure I'm getting something decent.

Crammed as much buzzwords and nonsense meme-speak as possible in one post I see. Good job I guess.

3a?

Please let this happen

OnePlus 7 or Zenfone 6? Zenfone has the jack, expandable storage, a fatter battery while the OP7 has UFS 3.0 storage, same camera with OIS, OLED display and maybe better speakers.

The 3a is anything but cheap, at $400 in burgerland and $600 everywhere else.

This. Too expensive for me.

I decided for the Mi A2 Lite. I paid 126,- € with overnight shipping.

Extremely based. Fuck Jewgle and their tranny pandering ways.

Enjoy your OnePlus 7 when it bricks itself in a month and doesn't turn on.