Bad decisions thread

>Buy expensive headset with braided cable
>braided cable rubs against anything it touches and makes horrible grating sound in ears constantly

>Buy flagship smartphone
>Literally does everything exactly the same as my old phone except it's too big to fit in my pocket comfortably
Idk when I thought I was gonna use wireless charging, need top tier processing for shitposting or appreciate OLED on a 6inch screen

Attached: nichijou_despair.jpg (1366x768, 75K)

I use a 1x3 inch brick phone.
it just werks,

take the brickpill user.

> bought the Redmi 5 plus a month before the local release of the RN5.
It's not bad, I like it and all. Feeling Chinked is rather unpleasant, however

Using a 2013 small phone I got refurb'd on ebay for £20. It has a headphone jack socket.

Attached: 1520607865580.jpg (205x192, 7K)

Picking up a video game creation course at uni this semester. I have no free time and it's just not as cool as what I would have liked it to be.

Not choking myself out in the womb

I'm using a rooted Galaxy S4 with an extended battery pack and a 256GB microSD because Jow Forums told me to.
You assholes can fuck right off. Never falling for your shit memes again. I'm going to do the exact opposite of whatever you people tell me from now on. My next phone is going to be an iPhone.

Attached: sick monkey.jpg (600x600, 42K)

bought 200$ inline skates but I forgot I have no free time

I always wonder, do they aim those courses at massive normies so you already know it all?

Don't buy one new if you get an iPhone, get one from like 3 or 4 years ago it will work great and be a fraction of the price. Factor in a possible battery replacement to the cost, although a lot of places do it before selling.

90s af.

the braided cable thing happened to me. after I bought it I scoured the hundreds of amazon reviews to see if anybody warned about it, and nobody had. I'm still pissed.

I have k2 sodos.The wheels are 100mm and they're smooth and fast as fuck.
Proper inline skates are still great transport for big cities.

>bought a $1000 4k monitor for 4k movies and gaming
>just shitsurf on Jow Forums with it
4k literally is a meme

Depends of the school I guess. I'm in a engineering school and we can only take this course when we're nearly done with the rest so I wouldn't consider it to be filled with normies.

Most of us just have no experience in this field.

Now that you know.
DON'T do it again.
GOOD :)

I bought a Ryzen for gaming because I thought it would be slightly worse than Intel, not multiple generations behind.

>Fell for the silicon valley meme
>Actually enrolled for CS
Absolutely wasted 3years of my life before finally switching to EE. The whole of these people is just absolutely deluded and has no real life expertise whatsoever.

Attached: 1549142502477.jpg (2048x1483, 1.37M)

Yeah, the speeds you can reach are insane. And you look schway as fuark while riding them, too.
If the trend wouldn't have died, we'd be having proper clip on/retractable ones by now for normal walking inside buildings.

>>braided cable rubs against anything it touches and makes horrible grating sound in ears constantly
You should have bought a pair of Sennheisers.
Replaceable cables and the stock ones feel like silk.

Oh boy will you be regretting buying an iphone

Attached: 1EA445AE-7E39-4B01-96AA-CEF85BCC9381.png (1242x2208, 934K)

I wish Heely’s were in style

>moving table with computer under it
>computer falls over and bends the cpu pins
>two ram slots no longer work

I'm an idiot. Is there any way to fix the ram slots?

I feel your pain
>inb4 just buy a bluetooth one LOOOOL

Attached: Rage_face.png (409x258, 8K)

Why would you use an S4 lmao, this isn't 2013

The ultimate truth is that it's all shit. Android is becoming worse with every new version they release, IOS is locked shit, Windows phone is dead shit and brick/dumb phones simply lack functionality most of us like to have.

I just wish there would be a properly designed Google less open source phone os with the backing of the phone manufacturers that could support running proprietary software to suit everyone's needs. And Android without gapps doesn't count since it's badly designed.

Living past the age of 12.

Those are nothing like inlines. You have no method of propelling yourself forward.

>bought a chromebook

I ended up getting hyped for Stax on Reddit Jow Forumsheadphones and bought one without even hearing a demo unit.

Bad idea, it sounds no clearer than my planar headphones but at the same time it has shit bass so sounds thin.

Attached: 1558822258287.jpg (600x508, 108K)

This, but 10.
12 is when the depression came to stay and it only got exponentially worse with each passing day.

Chromebooks were unironically based in 2014.
Idk what happened. Alphabet was a mistake.

What do you not like about it (aside from muh webms)?

>braided cable rubs against anything it touches and makes horrible grating sound in ears constantly
yup good thing I didn't buy it.

im glad i got a bose revolve and called it a day. Even got it for free since I called the seller out on CC fraud. still shipped it to my name tho... fucking Armenians.

>headet
Gamer retards deserve to get ripped off. Always go Good headphones + microphone.

I tried "reviving" my s3 with a new battery and it was still absolute trash. Phones are good for 3-4 years minimum and after that you suddenly start to see the deteriorating performance.

I got a 1200 gaymen laptop in december and have turned it on a grand total of 2 times

spotted the kike

Actually have a microphone since the headset mic sucked. Probably gonna trade up to some headphones.

Depends what version of the OS you're using. If the replacement batteries don't have a recent manufacture date they'll be just as bad as the first one.

I have one too that I don't use as much as I should. Still nice to have around though and I'm really happy with the quality so it's alright.

imagine knowing enough shit to appreciate Jow Forums but being such a dumbass at the same time that you regularly purchase new tech

type of dude who talks shit about planned obsolescence with a OnePlus Sandeep 55+ Pro in his pocket smdh

Attached: 1509383287330.jpg (764x720, 201K)

The last red pill is the realization that buying the latest and best tech is pointless. Buy only when the old one breaks or fails to do what you need and even then just get something midrange.

I was born with a penis

bought a 200 yuros calculator just 4 fun
why did i thought this was a good idea

Can it emulate gba

>buy baseball cap
>in winered

Just swap the cable

yes.

Then play pokemon emerald ya big doofus

>we'd be having proper clip on/retractable ones by now for normal walking inside buildings
Don't they need a stiff boot to support the ankle which would be uncomfortable for walking around?

look up microphonics OP

When it was still trendy I rollerbladed a lot at a place loads of other kids did. The amount of young kids with barely strapped on rollerblades/skates with no ankle support desparately trying to hobble around while the boots bent at basically a 90degree angle was terrible.

I can't believe their parents didn't just buy something decent and/or tighten the damn straps for them.

>My next phone is going to be an iPhone.

Attached: sides.png (450x453, 166K)

>Tempting to get new laptop
>Tempting to get Jeep Gladiator
>Tempting to get 2080Ti
>But worried about regret.

Attached: wewlad.jpg (640x800, 99K)

>$200 thinkpad
>$700 pixel 3
buhh

I bough a Galaxy Note 9 to usurp my iPhone SE last year.

Best decision ever.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Note9-yugatech-ph-7.jpg (3840x2160, 387K)

I want an iPad Pro...

What do you guys think?

Attached: ipadpro-02.png (1089x840, 688K)

iPadOS literally fixes everything so go ahead.

fucking this

>shitposting in 4k

What more a man can ask in this life

I got to be honest, that looks legitimately homosexual. That home screen looks like a gay nightclub. I can see where the meme comes from now.

I am THIS CLOSE to dropping a thousand eurocoins on a gaymen laptop

This

Likely a terrible decision unless you for some reason need mobile gaming or are somehow space constrained.

Mostly because I have more time to play while on night shift.

>night shift.
This would be a good reason.

Yeah, but it being a pretty reasonable decision my conscience is already feeding me buyer's remorse and I haven't even bought the damn thing yet.

I did this but I want the note 10. I don't really care bout curved glass either

> browsing Jow Forums

I spent $3k on a 1600x1200 PIII 900/Geforce 2 Go laptop when I was stationed on a destroyer. Never regretted it.

>tfw using a 5 year old phone that was garbage when it came out

Eh I guess I'm just a scrooge. Still, I can't really decide between the acer nitro 5 or the hp pavillion, they're both at the same price range of around 1k but I don't really trust acer all that much.

Im still using an unrooted s4 with no extras but a 50gb sd card and an otterbox. The only issue I have with it now is it doesnt handle more than 4/5 apps running simultaneously. If there's that many it will run somewhat slowly. Of course this doesn't matter cause im not a fag, I only use it for gps, alarms, calls, texts, and browsing Jow Forums between sets. get fucked

Got born

Seek psychiatric assistance

The curved glass is a bit annoying if you have big hands. I get accidental touches all the time. The Note 10 though...I can't say I'm a fan of notches or the camera holes they're using on displays nowadays. Sucks they removed the 3.5mm jack too. Thankfully I'm covered in the wireless headphone department.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-Brown1-980x531.jpg (980x531, 75K)

>be me
>decide to get cs diploma
>it is hard
>keep trying
>5 years later
>get dropped out
>no diploma
>no job
>no experience
>no friends
>13000 usd in dept
>mfw I am 27 and wasted my life
my life is just a meme

>Buy 144hrz monitor
>Don't really notice a difference over my old 60hrz one
I don't know what I was expecting really. On the plus side everything seems a lot more crisper.

Make sure its set to 144hz in driver

Look at the brightside user, 13k debt isn't a lot I'm in England and my student loan is £15k a year

Meanwhile I pay nothing for university and actually get 200€ a month I don't have to pay back just for studying

>be me in 2012
>buy ivy bridge i3 for gaymin box
>exactly 1 year and 1 day second later onboard sound dies
>repurpose box as server
>now with multicore work to do, box is constantly at 90C
>throttle server with power cpl (neat trick - change max processor state)
>next day later blow onboard ethernet
>throw $10 realtek card into it
>next day later blow two sata ports
>this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't a server but now it is
>throw in el-cheapo promise sata card lying around
>one reboot later have mysteriously blank cmos
>replace cmos battery
>no effect
>by this time everything is haswell or skylake and working ivy bridge boards are either shit or overpriced
>pull out all the working hardware
>throw in spare phenom lying around (i shit you not)
>still working today (i shit you not X 2)
>if fucking slowly
Last time I bought Intlel.

Variable stiffness reinforcements in leather combat boots. /cyb/ and comfortable, problem solved.

>it (barely) works but I don't use it for anything
great, thanks for your input.
i also have an unrooted gs4 and this thing is total shit. battery dies at 30%, freezes and crashes all the time (at least once a day), can't keep more than 2 apps open in the roster and even then it's dodgy, simple tasks like pulling down the notification system takes a couple of seconds, and for some reason it keeps telling me my system storage is full despite the fact that I've uninstalled basically every app, deleted every folder and purged all the media/music/photos/videos/everything, so i haven't been able to update an application in a matter of years. it gets hot enough to go into cooldown mode even when idling.
using an old phone is an absolute meme.

Attached: works on my machine certificate.png (200x193, 30K)