Now that the dust has settled... Is 1903 safe?

Did patch tuesday fix anything? Is the update deleting files / blowing up computers?

Attached: 1557637911_may2019u-promo.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

mine is stuck at 100% like for 40 mins now

they still didnt fix sandbox and SD card issues

>SD card issues
Like?..

Guys, don't install the update, it put the rotational velociraptordensity of my drives out of whack. I also have cancer now.

I've updated my PC, one virtual machine and a laptop to 1903. Nothing major thus far.

Only weird thing is related to audio in my QEMU/KVM virtual machine. A windows process related to the audio subsystem is maxing out a thread for no damn reason. Had to disable audio as a temporary measure.

I'm enjoying the performance boost for my Zen+ CPU.

Ahhh the famed rotary velociraptor

Attached: 3522343 (1).gif (256x256, 210K)

>Nothing major thus far.
>Had to disable audio

I did a fresh install and everything seems to be fine

Ok I'm going to test drive it on my laptop first

It's only happening on a virtual machine with a emulated 9ch realtek card. The audio on actual hardware is working fine.

And with Hyper-V virtualization everything is still working tippy top.

I mean, this shit is tame. I've seen entire offices full of Win10 machines bluescreen from a bad diff-patch.

Installed 1903 on my laptop, there's pretty much no difference so far. They did remove cortana from the start menu search, but not the real problem in the first place, the web search results and suggestions with no option to disable them.

Been OK so far so me. Seen reports of it bricking others laptops.

Hang on my mistake. A Bios update that went out concurrently or close together bricked those laptops supposedly.

If you have a modern AMD system, it's essential.

Massive improvements across the board.

Attached: David_McAfee-Next_Horizon_Gaming-3rd_Gen_Ryzen_06092019-page-008.jpg (3000x1688, 280K)

Is it just the Windows update or are there BIOS updates related to this?

it was a windows issue to begin with, so no, no BIOS update.

Lol, this

I updated Monday night. I'm using 10 enterprise and I didn't have any issues. I did unplug my external drive just to be safe.

>Fortnite now bluescreens after 1903 update
yes its an improvement.

>Fornite
kys zoomer

Attached: 1559841704213.png (447x437, 307K)

So, no LTSC update?

That's shitty because I have 2950x and I don't really want to install non LTSC windows.

Only issue I had is VLC doesn't play .ogg files anymore. No reports though as far as I can tell. But I tested both my PCs after update and only .ogg files don't work for VLC anymore. They just freeze the program.

Most my music is ogg, luckly, have mp3 of same stuff just for this reason. Back in Vista days I had this happen with another music player after an update. Is what it is. Seems as stable as ever otherwise.

I'm dual booting so no thanks, i like my grub bootloader unfucked

>Windows
>safe
pick one

Is this the update that allow you to disable updates?

Y

I genuinely hate you.

Microsoft won.

Attached: f646f6133daa63bf34b72085084f2a7f.gif (1120x958, 1.72M)

This 1903?

I will wait six months until people alpha/beta testing it

>the web search results and suggestions with no option to disable them
They can be disabled with a few clicks in the group policy editor.

I want to update because of the performance gains for Ryzen, but I've been reading about cases of DPC latency being a problem on AMD/Intel/Nvidia hardware across the board. Any one on 1903 that can speak on this?

>unironically using win10

Attached: 1284681157338.jpg (347x346, 54K)

Not if you have W10 Home. I do have Pro installed on another computer but don't want to have to reinstall Windows just to disable something there should have been a setting for at launch.

Attached: fine.jpg (277x265, 20K)