Technology Advice (management)

I work for a company that now has 12 websites. (one for each independently owned location, sort of like franchises) When I started only 2 locations had websites and they were all absolute shit, just a phone number and a tacky photo. During the last year I have made sites for each location with interactive maps and contact forms that look nice with CSS that scales for all devices. I kind of feel bad because I made them all in shopify and I am not a 1337 coder but they are pretty OK and link to our facebooks etc...

Well, the nephew of the main owner has never liked me and now that they are getting useful he is giving me snide comments. He went to the owners and told them he needs to 'back the sites up in case something happens to me' since I made them all. He put a stack of forms on my desk yesterday that were for each site and blanks for each site and the DNS registration and demands for the longins for the admin accounts and all that. He does not know enough to ask for that specifically, it ls clear to me he's going to fuck me somehow and if I turn this over it could be the last day I have access to everything I have created. My guess is he has developers and he is going to criticize my work and use the details of what he finds to go to the owners and say I am shit. He is not my boss and does not have the power to fire me.

What should I do? sorry for the long post, thanks

Attached: 524dc51468b70c533e68187789cfdd9376047d44d77a202053be0e4d992e4d7f.jpg (864x960, 113K)

This will not end well

only report to bossman, not to his nephew

Attached: 5483e0ce5a234392c30ce7d580627d655ce3897bca8477b449d423fbe68b738e.jpg (249x249, 9K)

problem his his nephew has told them he just needs it for back up but when I ask him what he is going to do with the info he won't be honest with me

why did that image turn me on

Attached: 0.png (383x526, 243K)

it's from some girl molesting little boys, she's in jail now

>she's in jail now
source?
women almost never go to jail for molesting boys.

I can't remember her name. She might not still be in jail but they did go after her and prosecute her for it which i agree was unusual. Several pics, she also made them feel her tits, pretty hot

Are you the business owner or employee? If you are the employee, do what you are told. Honestly I'd fire you immediately if you didn't comply and you are susceptible to a lawsuit if you take any damaging action. It's completely reasonable to NOT secretly hoard access. If you want any chance of keeping your job I suggest you turn over all information as soon as possible and a word of advice for future jobs, don't keep this stuff secret in the first place. The more you keep secretly locked away from your management, the more of a risk you are, and contrary to what you think, people who are the biggest risk get fired first. Play ball

>she also made them feel her tits
She's a monster.

>them
So there's more than one boy? Never seen them pics.

user, just backup all the sites, give them temp login, and track all the changes made

This. I worked in a similar situations but I was the sysadmin keeping the hosting up and running.

My boss didn't have a fucking clue regarding Linux, Windows or anything. He just did web development. I still made sure he had an up to date list of passwords for everything: Domain admin accounts, built-in accounts, SQL database access passwords, FTP passwords, shit like that. I made sure he understood the backup system, and I made sure anything critical on paper or otherwise was kept in a safe.

It's one less headache OP would have had by now if he didn't fuck around with hoarding access.

>Several pics, she also made them feel her tits, pretty hot

Attached: DZgFF93.jpg (480x270, 18K)

god i wish that happened to me

>Are you the business owner or employee? If you are the employee, do what you are told. Honestly I'd fire you immediately if you didn't comply and you are susceptible to a lawsuit if you take any damaging action.
can you not read the OP, read it again and post about what is confusing you to this degree

>So there's more than one boy?
yeah she did it to several, people think she was abused as a kid and got off on the power reversal

russian woman kek

>people think she was abused as a kid and got off on the power reversal
Who are you quoting? I already said post source or GTFO with your weird fantasies.

Are you 12? You never heard someone talk like that to illustrate a point?

Hi user, software developer / manager here.

It sounds like you are giving your job 100% and you feel proud of the good work you are doing. That's good!

Keep in mind that while you are doing a job that's helping them and they definitely appreciate it, they don't understand it well and they know you are a central point of failure.

In general, you must be expected to share all logins with management or your supervisor. They need to have the security that if you suddenly leave (for whatever reason), they can find someone else to do it.

It doesn't feel good of course but think of it this way that by sharing this with them and by being open about the technology you are using you are giving them the assurance that you are a professional and not trying to withhold information!

Definitely check with your boss about who should get the login. You don't want anything to go on behind his back. Also, supply a backup plan yourself and show that you are worried about data loss and feel responsible for keeping the IT infrastructure secure.

If you act in such a professional way, it will be hard for this cousin to get you into trouble or to remove you from the company. Just think - why go through the pain of finding a new developer if the existing one is doing a solid job and is showing altruism for the company?

tl;dr: Provide your boss with some info about how you plan to back up the website data and ask him who to share the credentials with. They do as he says. If you play your cards right he will trust you 100% and you won't be fired.

Keep strong!
user

Ask his boss what this is about?

First, take a load of this guy:
Second, go and look for another job. This nephew is going to fuck you. Since finding a job is easy why stay at a stressful place where a toxic jerk is making a move on you? Let them have the pain of replacing you. Don't quit yet, first find a job (don't tell them about this incident going on), then when you have the new offer in writing, just send your notice and quietly leave.

>Shit on the nephew
>Throw an autistic fit
Don't listen to anybody who uses the word toxic

Attached: pepefingwojak.jpg (864x960, 113K)

you are not making sense

>toxic

>DELETED

OMG WHAT WAS IT

The picture was this

Also picture of Russian girl molesting a boy

that's a drawn version of LITERAL cp

she was not russian she was from nebraska

Based