What is the ThinkPad of phones?

What is the ThinkPad of phones?

Attached: thinkpad phones.jpg (608x405, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qifaEU6Ikdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The original Moto X, honestly.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Samshit Lagaxy Nope 4

Nokia 6.1 Plus is 200$ and is an Android One, so you get your security updates and clear Android.
Just got a new one after spilling water on my old one.

Nexus 5 with Lineage OS.
Moto G was nice too.

there are none

10/10 would fuck

this. unfortunately. Samsung could've done it if they continued making the battery easily removable
should've just given it a metal frame and solid construction instead of going for the glass sandwich meme

Attached: serveimage.jpg (770x577, 75K)

Off the top of my head
OG Moto X, G
Fairphone 1,2
Galaxy S3, S5
Lumia 1520
LG V series

Samsung cucked, to big obsolescence

>nobody posted pic related ITT yet
The state of nu-Jow Forums

Attached: mustard-rice.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

S3 is good phone its peak samsung and my friend still has one as it fucking works
?
Personally thoug I would go for the Nokia Lumia, Nokia went out of business because they over- engineered their products

the worst samsung ever made, bad build quality, shit plastics, port covers.

/our phone/

>proprietary locked-down OS
>slider gives out after 5 months
>non-mechanical keyboard
FUCKING DROPPED

Attached: 1560321501397.jpg (255x255, 15K)

Samsung Galaxy S5 with an upgraded battery

my s5 active is still chugging along, so is my t420.

only right answer. The original one, at that time, no bullshit, near stock android, amoled screen, always on notifications (which then got implemented not as good but pretty much from anyone making an amoled phone) and aesthetics made it honestly the nearest to a "thinkpad" phone.
Close second later on, on aesthetics only, was the BB Passport. I still want to have one, but sadly I would miss some apps and everthing my OnePlus 5T can do.

Attached: passport.jpg (940x628, 72K)

based and redpilled S5 bros, S5 neo still lasts two days and 9h SOT with the original battery

>old
nexus 5
>new
any oneplus

Key2 Atomic

Attached: 1541068667196.jpg (954x1993, 172K)

Likely nothing is a touchscreen like the above zoomzooms try to assert.
Sadly, there are no commercial phones (I think?) that are easy to use, repair, modify, upgrade, come with great documentation and long life usability. That and that everything phone-wise is proprietary, closed behind many gates, unnecessarily difficult to develop for compared to sth on a pc and you get the shitfest that is the phonemarket. Phones trying to be more than machines using a few protocols to send and receive calls and messages is a just a thing for money, and it'll die out, them being phones I mean. They'll become more and more like portable npc-friendly pc's.

My LG V20 is rock solid
>integrated quad dac
>IR blaster
>no face buttons
>nice camera
>easily repaired at home with minimal effort

>no one has mentioned this beast
nu-Jow Forums as fuck

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (600x450, 66K)

Aesthetics not bad

Gemini PDA
>Full keyboard
>triple boot
Show me another phone with this much freedom (srs)

RIP HD2

Attached: SailfishOS.png (1512x970, 1.91M)

Fairphone or Project Ara. Too bad they're dead.

Attached: project-ara-840x600.jpg (840x600, 89K)

/brod

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 19K)

LG V20

/Thread

fuck. sell this to me

Lenovo ThinkPad 8

Attached: Lenovo-ThinkPad-8-Review-007.jpg (1600x1200, 694K)

Anything with a landscape keyboard.

t. white male

iPhone 3gs

>slider gives out after 5 months
what? I have mine since 2010, I've used it actively until 2014 constantly sliding it back and forth.
Now it's a music player for my car thanks to the FM transmitter, still no problems with the slider or slider flex.

modern? Fxtec Pro1

Attached: Fxtec-Pro-1-angle-view-open-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Attached: thinkpad of phones.jpg (400x300, 19K)

Oneplus One

They were never born to begin with

moto Jow Forums

what ever happened to the faggot who had windows 8 RT running on this sucker?

I'm using one. Upgraded battery, 128gb SD card and it's been great. However lately I've been getting some weird ghosting issues

For the ghosting issues, is it like there's a very transparent overlay of previous views? If so, I've been getting that too recently and had no clue what's triggering it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qifaEU6Ikdg

play that video on your v20 and leave the screen on 30min ~ 1hour should remove it

The upcoming pinephone
>cheap as fuck
>easy to replace battery and probably easy to mess with the internals
>runs a fuckton of different OS
>fucking sway runs on it for your autismo needs

Close the thread.

Attached: download (2).jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Nigga, why you made me want to suicide?

kek

BlackBerry Classic.

Attached: 61u0BgwzwxL._SX679_.jpg (679x585, 44K)

>proprietary locked-down OS
Just how fucking new are you?
This truly is the state of nu-Jow Forums. Newfags who don't even know about the N900. I wish I could escape this hellhole of a website once and for all. But alas, I'll be here until the day I die.

>broke with spilled water
I'm sorry, but it can't be called the Thinkpad of phones

>thinkpad of phones
Probably a Cisco IP office phone honestly

iphone SE

>cheap
>functional
>justwerks
>low resolution screen but who cares
>cult following

Unironic

Battery lasts too long compared to Thinkpads.

i used mine for four years. that's kind of unheard of for a smartphone. it was really good and it made me think that voice control was the future - ironically ive stopped using it because its implementation was way better than what they put into the nexus line and im sick of google's shit anyways

The SE is the 2012 non-retina MBP of phones, not the ThinkPad.

Galaxy S3 and S5. My wife still uses her S5, chugging along even with running stock rom. Just waiting for me to have the time and replace that shit with LOS.

Pic related its my S3 as media player. That Wolfson DAC chip is a beast if you get a custom kernel that properly utilised it. No gapps. Slimbean 4.2.2.

Ignore that stock S3 earphones. I love it.

Attached: 20190613_085028.jpg (1432x1074, 812K)

thats fucking disgusting. stop being a poorfag.

just fucking let it die already

OnePlus 3T. Best ROM support of any semi-modern phone by a mile.

i'd but one of these in al honesty my brethren

t-thicc

Galaxy S5 and Note 4.These two were peak smartphone.Its unfortunate to see how much the entire phone industry has regressed since these phones came out.

it's a shame it's shit
I really wanted one

Apparently there's a project to resurect the n900 and it'll be libre this time
/thread

A long time ago I argued with someone on this board who claimed to have repaired his wired earbuds many times because it was cheaper and easier than buying a new pair. I was convinced he was trolling me, but now I'm not so sure.

>plastics
it wont break in pieces when you drop it
>port covers
You can remove the cover in 15 seconds
Still the only smartphone ever released with usb3.0

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

>Apparently there's a project to resurect the n900 and it'll be libre this time
>will be released in 2015
>2016
>2018
>2019
It was a scam
Enjoy your 2014 hardware when it will be finally released in 2030

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

If you say anything other than "iPhone is the ThinkPad of mobile phones" than you are being dishonest with yourself.

>look over there.. no, THERE!...what is that?!
>...
>HAA-HAAAAAA GOTCHA

I hate that game

Attached: 2019-06-13-1560402485_369x153_.png (369x153, 74K)

Good phone.

>it's shit
Only if you update it to the newest BB10 version

Holly shit, good b8 you fucking faggot

BASED
T. consumerist bugmen

>What is the ThinkPad of phones?
I guess it's the nokia 3310 as far as durability goes at least.Its built like a freaking nuclear bunker. Battery life is good too.Provided you want/don't mind to use a dumbphone over a smartphone.

Attached: 416Q02GR0ZL._AC_SY400_.jpg (176x400, 17K)

> gemini pda
Apparently they also used mediatek on the cosmo communicator.

These keyboards need to make a comeback. They are so much better than using a screen to type on. A screen feels far less "tangible" than individual buttons for each key.

now that was a smartphone

Everytime I see one of these, I get the urge to immediately buy a BB Classic or BB Q10. They're such nice phones hampered by abandoned support and a locked bootloader.
Oh I guess this is a Lenovo shill thread. ThinkPads and Moto's...

Based

Oneplus One
Dated yes, but still runs android 9 fine and spare parts are still available.

It's this or Cosmo communicator, is there any info on other OSes fxtec will run? (heard SFOS, but not sure if officially supported or some community port)

Neo900 is officially dead, check tmo thread

It was a dumb project anyway, revamping the N900 over the HTC Dream was a huge mistake.

i honestly think lg v20.

i've just replaced broken screen, and as a person who never did any hardwere fixes on a smartphone i honestly think that its modular build makes it best planned obsolescence proof.

also lineage 16 is working very good on this device.

>Fairphone
My man. Anyone else uses a FP2 here ?

N900 was the only mass produced proper linux phone (fuck bionic), so not a bad base, also hq components, 7 years on and the keyboard still works nicely (though not much used in last couple years). Going with android base would require too much sw hacking on top of android drivers ala libhybris, can just flash sailfish on it at that point, but yeah, 2-3 man team was a little too little

Imagine being THIS fucking poor.

>N900 was the only mass produced proper linux phone (fuck bionic), so not a bad base
Entirely irrelevant for a project that involves gutting the phone. The Dream was also a slider with a keyboard plus it had a trackball. That's actually the main reason I see the N900 as a poor choice. The point was a phone that runs real Linux yet the choice was one that only had a touchscreen for cursor input.

Why should I change to a new one when that earphone survived my daily bike ride back and forth from work, be it in the rain or glaring sun? Even washed it accidentally several times when I forgot that I kept it in my pants. Sounds great too. I have a Sennheiser headphone that I use during work or just relaxing.

Totally relevant, as they were planning to refurbish old n900s, the only gutting was making it 2mm thicker, so the plastic backplate was the only custom hw they planned. Going with a phone that had android drivers was a no-go for an initial 2-man team, that grew to whopping 3

I thought the whole point of the Neo 900 was to replace the motherboard with a more modern one

Well yeah, outside of obvious custom new board with the upped ram etc, they were planning on using old n900s, with just new thicker backplates, keyboard/slider/chassis was supposed to be all refurbished from donated old n900s

>Well yeah
So in other words the fact that it ran real Linux is irrelevant, as you're removing the part that enabled that in the first place.

??? It is relevant as they kept most of the components the same, this is why they could offer measly 2x ram and just like up to 1ghz, keeping the form factor of the original so it both would fit in old chassis AND have linux drivers. Try fitting n900 in the dream without a hammer

I don't see what's so difficult about this for you. The project takes a phone that was capable of Linux then removes the part that initially made it Linux capable, making that Linux capability of the stock phones 100% irrelevant.

Moto X was under google.

Cat S61
>IP69K and MIL SPEC 810G rated
>4500mAh battery
>dual sim + microsd
>6 different types of GPS for supreme accuracy
>fat as fuck
>cool gadgets like infrared camera and laser distance measurement
>single programmable key
>utilitarian design

Attached: cat_s61.jpg (950x534, 73K)

Just trawl the first dew dozen pages of the tmo thread, there's been countless suggestions use this moto or that, you're underestimating the amount of old components that they were sourcing for compatibility reasons (linux drivers available, all android phones don't need to apply), it was basically going to be n900 with new cpu and ram, that's pretty much it, maybe new antenna

I want a strange phone like this but I've been spoiled with physical keyboards. Ignorance truly is bliss

woah

this
sadly (in my opinion) the oneplus phones have been slowly going more and more down the shitter with every new one, starting after the 5/5T