youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in July
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>B550 boards will likely launch between August and October

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700 series is launching on 2019-07-07. Nvidia Super this year. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2019-06-12_01-56-19.png (2051x1146, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

testmem.tz.ru/tm5.rar
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/b8a5ft/amd_ryzen_processor_features_defined/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3950X launches in September

>got another 60hz monitor and have regret it ever since
How can you regret getting the exact same product. If it performance just as the one before.

Also 2nd for ryzen

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08-15-15-39-957_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 347K)

Is it ok to buy open box graphics cards or am I gonna get FUCKED

It wasn't the exact same, it was a different brand and also an IPS instead of TN
Having 60Hz in 2019 feels like I'm stuck in the stone age

>How can you regret getting the exact same product. If it performance just as the one before.
because he's buying the same product as before when technology has advanced and he can get a better product for slightly more? the fug

Lol. Do a memtestx86 test to see if it's truly faulty. That way you'll also get to see just how many errors that thing is throwing out.
Expect to see a couple thousand(no jokes). If it's really your ram.

So since they're launching on 7th of July how long will it take for independent people to benchmark them properly so that I can make an accurate decision on buying?
And when do the x570 mobos release? The same date?

>2600 recommended still
Reminder, 3600 is 20% faster in single core IPC alone

Attached: 3600.jpg (1024x576, 177K)

testmem.tz.ru/tm5.rar
Better and faster than memetest86 and runs in windows.

>Is it ok to buy open box graphics cards or am I gonna get FUCKED
For the most part you'll be perfectly fine.
Most miners actually run their cards for effeciency. Not burn them to the ground so they can get 1mhz hash at the cost of 100w extra in bills.
If anything buying it used is better cause any manufacturing defects would have shown up already. Just make sure to get proof of purchase/warranty.
>Playing off my TV at 60hz.
Honestly couldn't care less. 144hz costs too much money.
If that's the fact he wouldn't have bought it in the first place unless he's retarded.

Also 9900K's stock gives ~500 single thread too.

I feel like we should put 3700x/3800x in the same OP, the difference should be negligible in actual use.

And will the 3900x REALLY be useful in gaming? I feel like that's a huge meme

Reviews are released on the day the cards/chips are released.
Manufacturers send samples to reviewers before hand so they can have about 2 weeks to test and have a review prepared on release date.
Neat. I'll use it in future.
Though
>Some gopnik software
>Running in windows.
I'm probably safer with using memtests Linux boot usb.

It's the goto tester by the autists on overclock.net. It's well vetted.

Why does nobody seem interested in 3900x?
To me it seems like if you want an 8 core you should go for 9900k and therefore shouldn't care about 6c or 8c ryzens. You should only be interested in 12c or 16c ones.

>I feel like we should put 3700x/3800x in the same O
Reviews aren't even out. How can you guys be saying these things?
>nd will the 3900x REALLY be useful in gaming? I feel like that's a huge meme
I really doubt most games will hand 24 threads effeciently. Remember how poorly the 1800 performed. Same as the thread rippers.
>it's the goto tester by the autists on overclock.net. It's well vetted.
Well when you put it like that, Ivan. I'll just have to trust you.

>if you want an 8 core you should go for 9900k
Sorry but i really don't understand how you'd come to that conclusion.

The performance of 9900k is almost identical to that of 8c zen2, and indeed zen2 is cheaper but the cost of decent mobo is much higher so the total price equalizes. And since they're equal and 9900k is already released, just go for that.

>$450 for 8c
Not all of us like throwing money down the well.

65watt vs 105watt TDP limit. 4.4 Ghz and 4.5 Ghz.

I feel like there's a huge door open for enthusiasts on the 3800X over 3700X due to TDP limit being higher.

It's expensive and the only real workloads that justify the extra cash are creative ones. Most gamers would be fine with just a 3600X or 3700X

>the cost of decent mobo is much higher
No it's not you dumb shill. All the 8 core Zen2 will work in ~$100 B450 boards. 9900K is the one that requires an expensive board to handle the power consumption.

>pls sar, just do the needful and buy intel, pls, just...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*wheez*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TDP limit wont matter in PBO, that's only in stock mode.

>TDP limit
Utterly meaningless once you enable PBO. Both vhips will blow right through them and be about equal other than binning.

You're forced to throw it down the well anyway because decent mobos prices for zen2 are insane.
>9900K is the one that requires an expensive board to handle the power consumption.
lol no
It's the ryzens that require shitton of power and that's why you need to spend a lot of money for a good mobo with good vrms
Nice strawman

Holy fuck it's fucking sad.
Let's make a gaming pc.
So anything cpu, and something like a rx 580.
1080p gayming, no problem.
Been like this for years.
Maybe we've reached a point where technology stops getting better.

Just stop posting Mr Scheckelstein.
Nobody is falling for your tricks anymore.

redpill a prospective ryzen buyer on PBO and what it does

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/b8a5ft/amd_ryzen_processor_features_defined/

>decent mobos prices for zen2 are insane.
They actually shot themselves in the foot with this one.
Did you notice 3950X was 105W tdp?
It means it will run on any b350/x370 boards from zen1.
I'm thinking that all it is. Compatibility.
But oh boy do I think these shit will overclock.

how would one go about updating a MSI ryzen motherboard for the new Zen 2 proccessors?
Do you just press the flash bios button the the motherboard while the motherboard is on on the bios screen?
Then insert the USB with the updated bios?

I've never done it before so i want to make sure just in case

so what is the point of manual overclocking if it does that, other than to have it consistently running at one speed?

Update is already out.
Don't upgrade if you got a 200G/2400g, though.

I can't wait to test the 3600X in some emulators

>redpill a prospective ryzen buyer on PBO and what it does
It's been in all ryzens since zen 1.
It's just auto overclock. Manually overclocking ryzen is basically useless. PBO tends to always yield better results.
Just like how GPUs have boost clocks.
>It's the ryzens that require shitton of power and that's why you need to spend a lot of money for a good mobo with good vrms
(You)
>Maybe we've reached a point where technology stops getting better.
The ball is just getting rolling again.
Just plug it in and update.
>Don't upgrade if you got a 200G/2400g, though.
Explain please.

>so what is the point of manual overclocking
There literally isn't one other than autism points

Attached: 1560344535047.jpg (725x350, 107K)

Looks like a beast.
I'm gonna go for the 3800x, because it looks like even more of a beast.

>It means it will run on any b350/x370 boards from zen1.
Not exactly, they will run only if the manufacturers release bios updates. Picrelated.
Second problem is that only very few b350/x370 mobos have vrms good enough to sustain a 3900x or 3950x and obviously their prices are very high and it only gets exponentially higher with newer chips.

Attached: 1552695012819.jpg (2220x1080, 508K)

that's what it says.

Attached: dontupgrade.png (485x44, 4K)

Fuck, wrong pic. Meant this one.

Attached: 1554079401236.jpg (1730x946, 122K)

I'm askin if you dont have a zen CPU in the first place, I'm not going to get the x570 motherboards, just the x470 and the 3000 series cpu

put file on usb stick, press button
Which board though? Most msi X470 don't have that feature for some reason when most of their b450 do.

Jow Forums amd shills ruined the board

what button do I press to make my 500gb m2 bigger? I need more space for video game

>that's what it says.
What the hell numbers are those? Why can't they just say 2200g?

Well why don't you have a ryzen cpu alreday?
Seriously, you gotte be careful about that, and x570 boards look outof touch in pricing.
I say, go for used market, and make sure the guy puts latest BIOS on it.

Because none of those are the 2200G and he's retarded.

Where do mobo manufacturers release information on whether a specific mobo will have received a BIOS update for zen 2?

From what I gathered, b350/x370 board came with 16MB bios, and they're unable to be compatible with older stuff while running zen2.

You can do that? I thought you needed a CPU in to update. So you can update your bios without a CPU plugged in? You can boot without a CPU?
>what button do I press to make my 500gb m2 bigger? I need more space for video game
Sadly you'll have to download more GBS

They all are.

It's just going to be another hype that doesn't go anywhere. Zen2 will come out, Intel will still be in the lead performance wise, and then its just wait again. They do this every single new release.

Is it okay to buy the 12c 3900x and use air cooling?

MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard

Do I have to press the button when its turned on? Also when do you know when its finished updating?

Why not 16?
It's the same TDP anyways.
One thing Intelfags are missing is that all this shit will run fine on air-cooling.

Correct it in the next OP for me thnx

Yes, for 60fps gaming, it is still recommended. It's cheaper.

I personally don't see much of a point in the 3600/X until the 2600/X sell out. 2600/X is all you need for like 60-120fps in most games.
And if you're driving even higher framerates, you probably want to spend a little more for at least the 3700X or 3800X anyway.

>And will the 3900x REALLY be useful in gaming
Well it looks like AMD solved the NUMA-like issues with the multiple dies, so the 3900X looks to legit be better than gaming than the 8 core. And the 3950X better still.

It also looks as though PBO overclock is going to get you higher clockspeeds than you can achieve with an old fashioned overclock, as is the case with Ryzen 2000 series, once again, so those SKUs with higher boost clock limits may get even more from PBO.

I am. I'm just probably going to wait until I can get a good mATX board AND the 3900X on sale for under $500. I don't want to pay $600+ total for both.
A lot of people are still brainwashed by the meme lie that 2 cores is all you need for gaming, even though the 1600 outperforms the pathetic 4 core 7600k in most games from the past 3 years, let alone any 2 core CPU, so they think 8cores will be enough to future proof when it won't be.

Of course.

Attached: buy the 7350k it is better even though the 7600k is worse somehow.jpg (1024x518, 102K)

Because motherboards that'd be fine with 16c are way too expensive and I don't want to wait until September.

On a board with the bios flashback feature, yes.
This isn't one of those boards i'm afraid.

My x370 board is fine with the 2700x 105w part.
Explain to me how it won't handle a 3950x.

I really that at LEAST someone does proper PBO benchmarkiing when it comes to the CPU's, people sucking Gamer's Nexus' cock when they do benchmarks but they purposefully use slow RAM, change benchmark parameters, and use an OC instead of PBO makes trusting them fucking pointless.

It's so annoying seeing their 'benchmarks' when I get way better frames then they post for averages using inferior hardware. How can anyone trust them?

It won't handle a 3950x because the vrms are shit and you'll melt your motherboard. Buildzoid had a video on this.

You know nobody will, just likely nobody benches undervolted vega cards.
Buildzoid only talks in terms of overclocking. It will run a stock 105W part fine.

The 16c will run stock on the cheapest X570 board.

But if you want to put 200-300W through the CPU, yes you'd need one of the expensive $400+ boards and good cooling.

For real.

>shillzoid

Buildzoid only see shit by an overclocking point of view.
It's fucking fine running stock clocks.

>if you want to put 200-300W through the CPU
Sorry, we're not talking Intel.

is there a list of am4 motherboards that have the bios button that has 8 sata ports like the msi one?

>haven't upgraded gpu in years
>wait for navi/rtx for improved price:performance
>the cards are all fucking shit and expensive

wat do

Should I wait more or just bite the bullet? I probably don't need a new GPU until cyberpunk comes out, but I hardly see how things could improve much by then.

Zen 2 16 core is going to use as much power under heavy overclocking as Intel's 8 core.
300W may require LN2, but still.

so will PBO still work well with the stock cooler that comes with the 3700X?

It will work but you will be thermally limited for sure.

Anyone remember that 18 cores 5ghe demo?
Well now would be about time where it costs less that 750$.
Holly shit, I'm willing to bet AMD's 16 cores will be fine with air cooling.

Dude, it's gonna xfr to 105w is what it is.
But sure, overclock it.
It's going to.

Buy used.

Is the 3950X single core really better than Intel's? I'm currently watching geekbench 4 and Intel has about 8000 single core score on average, the 16 core only has 6200

I wish I wasn't such a broke piece of shit since decent coolers are $40+

Attached: 1547904075553.png (848x761, 657K)

The RX5700 doesn't look to be bad.
It's worse price:performance than vega56, but looks to be better price:performance than the 2060 at least and has a proper amount of VRAM for that price of card.

The only reason I can see to buy the 2070/5700XT is because you want 2080 perf, but don't want to pay that price either, so you heavily overclock a 2070/5700XT with a good cooler.

Also, since Navi is a new architecture, optimizations will almost surely give it another 10% performance over the next year than we currently see in these pre-launch benchmarks.

It won't work as well as with a better cooler, but it'll technically work yes.
>Holly shit, I'm willing to bet AMD's 16 cores will be fine with air cooling.
They will be.
I think you'll get better results on the 12 core most of the time, though. They have the 4 worse cores disabled, and you have more cooling to spread over less cores.

I might actually pick up a 12 core binned from silicon lottery over a 16 core myself. I think that'll be the best way to go, where I can guarantee a better negative voltage offset with PBO.

Not aware of such a board.
Might be a good idea to grab a 200ge from amazon, flash your bios then return it.

Yes, it really is, due to the higher IPC.
Zen 3950X @ 4.7GHZ = Coffinlake @ over 5.3GHz

Stock 3950X single thread performance is better than the most heavily non-LN2 overclocked 9900k.

I think 3800x got wrong press.
They're gonna boost way higher, in actual scenarios. Just because 105W tdp.
I think they're gonna be worse the extra dollars.
And From here, I think 3900x/3950x will score about the same.

When did DDR4 tank in price? Last I checked they were expensive as fuck

It really depends on how much better PBO on the 3800X is than on the 3700X, as PBO is likely going to be even better of a way to overclock than it was on Zen+.

Well, it never happened, despite them getting massive pay injunctions.
Maybe it needs to be 10 times harder on them.

Well let's see and hope but why would the 4.3 Ghz 3950X still have less single core points than the 5 Ghz 9900K in cinebench when single core is all the same for it?

Well, I remember retard buying 2700 non-x and thinking they were smart.
The 2700x literally overclocks itself to the limit by itself, and attempts at overclocking it, yields negative results.
Thank AMD, because oc is a thing of the past.

3950X is 4.7GHz wtf are you talking about
>lower single thread score
source?

Correct.
/pcbg/ would generally recommend the 2700X over the 2700. 2700 is just if you want the lower power.
The people saying not to use PBO are dumb intel shills.

What do we know about Super so far besides that it might maybe be a thing later this year?

I have always wanted to play video games but I am incredibly stupid. The pixels need to look real-life enough so my brain doesn't need any imagination. I really need RTX to be better so I can squander my time sitting in an office chair looking at smaller, more detailed, faster updating pixels in hopes that my brain won't have to think so hard.

I have an i5-4690k that I overclocked to 4.3ghz. my local microcenter is selling r5-1600s for $80 with $30 off when combined with any Mobo. Should I get it with an b350 mother board for $130 and buy 2x 8GB ram for another $70 and wait for Ryzen 3600?

Dude, how poor are you? because that's what you're asking at this point.

so is it better to overclock a 3800x cpu manually or let it do its own thing if you're doing cpu heavy workloads?

i mean if you can find a sub $150 for 1080p/60 fps the 2600 is a pretty good deal

Depends, some of the emulators like RPCS3 are using Intel specific instructions like TSX-ni/AVX512 and thats not available on AMD. So they might still be thrashing on AMD.

>Might be a good idea to grab a 200ge from amazon, flash your bios then return it.
That's pretty dirty. Aren't there some pc companies that preflash the bios for you?
I'm in a south Africa and our pc store/online shops are willing to do it free of charge. That's before shipping though
>he people saying not to use PBO are dumb intel shill
Or concerned for people that don't know jack using it on a shit board with poor vrm. It'll actually throttle performance if the vrm's overheat.
>What do we know about Super so far besides that it might maybe be a thing later this year?
Only thing that is certain is it'll be overpriced
>The pixels need to look real-life enough so my brain doesn't need any imagination.
You should try out real life then you don't have to think much in it either.

Most likely let it do whatever.
Hence why it's better than 3700x.

Last time I checked (more than 2 years ago)
They were running a 1800 at 60fps for persona 5 on rpcs3.
I'm sure they've made more ground since then.

If you didn't know, AMD shipped cpus to retards that didn't update their bios before upgrading.
Yep, fucking retards.

getting a b350 board is just a waste of money at this point, i would get the msi b450 with decent vrm and then upgrade to ryzen 4000 when it comes out