ITT: confused zoomers

ITT: confused zoomers

Attached: crossover-cable.jpg (516x390, 43K)

Using Ethernet and passing ccna just for this shit in 2019.
You fucking boomers never learn.

Attached: 1534408410967.gif (931x682, 426K)

They're switching up the ccna come feb 24th baka

lmao it's 2000 +19, time to just switch over to wireless connection, gramps

Modern devices already test for any of the sets of configurations anyways, and swap the pins that are used based on this.
Sorry gramps but nobody cares if you made rollover cables, cut and crimped back in your day.

Crossover is legacy
No one has done that shit for the past decade

Attached: hdd.jpg (553x390, 37K)

Attached: pY00J.jpg (680x425, 11K)

Only zoomers desperate to prove they're not zoomers make these threads

I had a custom crossover cable made for me because i wanted to load games on my ps2 from my pc.

We don't have to do that anymore if I remember right.

thats_the_joke.mp3

No pls I just got textbooks from my friend who graduated. I am too poor for new books

but do they know if thay is 1000 base or 100?

>that mad lad who throws a T1 crossover cable into the office ethernet cable box

Attached: 2013-08-02_10h47_45.png (338x238, 9K)

what the fuck?
What retard made this

Attached: tia-eia-568-standards.jpg (603x315, 58K)

Crossover cables have been obsolete since 5e iirc. Get with the times, Grandpa.

Oh man, I'd forgotten about that

Didn't they come up with a jumper for "figure it out on your own" at some point? I remember doing this shit back in the 90s but I don't remember doing it in the 2000s for my IDE drives.

CS "cable select".
It assigned master or slave based on which connector on the cable you used.

Attached: how-to-degauss.jpg (728x546, 96K)

Ah right right, I remember that now. The entire point of why it we were required to set it to Master or Slave is beyond my recollection. I just remember doing it as a kid.

Is that wi-fi cable?

What's a computer?

cross over cable... Been a long time since I had to tip one of those in - probably 2014. Pretty much everything's auto for the last 10 years. Those old Cisco 3550s last for fucking ever though.

>crossover
what is this, 1995?

Fuck that noise.

>CYLS--HEAD--SECT--LNDZ

Attached: hddbios2.gif (400x297, 10K)

Oh shit
>Go have a look, notice one of the changes
>CCNP no longer has CCNA as a prior requirement
I take it back, fucking great. I was looking at the CCNA just to jump straight to CCNP

Found the retard...

FUCK THAT GUY

To be fair those still exists, that's how it works on the lower level. I have no idea what LANDZ is tho.

>Not having a degauss button
heh poorfag.

Attached: floppy-boot-disk.jpg (600x450, 51K)

What wrong is with this?

Look at the nerd that doesn't even know how networks work lmao

Go read a fucking book

pointless shit everyone's nic does automatically

crossovers are useful as fuck. are you retarded?

what's wrong with it is that blue and brown are flipped as well which is against the TIA/EIA 568A/B standard, which is what I posted.
You NEVER fucking flip blue and brown.
if you do this, you will fucking destroy equipment in a poe environment.
a crossover cable is 568-A on one end, 568-B on the other end.
lmao epic troll lol

boomers vs zoomers

im old haha

It's the landing zone, where the head lands when powered off

because prior to this they didn't have a smart way of selecting which device was the primary, so you had to do it yourself or the motherboard would be looking for the boot device in the wrong location.

>crossovers are useful as fuck. are you retarded?
not sure if bait or full retard

Attached: apVXwGQ.jpg (2048x2040, 149K)

>What the fuck is user talking about
>realise a decade ago was 2009
Fuck when did I get old

Why have brown and blue pairs been changed as well? Are you trolling?

Sure, most ethernet ports do automatic crossover with normal cables these days, but this guy might be an old man or something.

On the off chance you dont actually know, the standards now include and have included for probably about 20 years now, automatic switching inside of the nic, to allow standard cables to be used as crossover cables. You can take any old ethernet cable hand directly connect two devices now aslong as one of them isnt older than time. The new one will be able to detect what is going on and automatically switch the connection in a way that things just werk.
Im sure youre just shitposting though.

>What is auto mdix

auto mdix is a REQUIREMENT of the 1Gbit standard.
This is why my one and only crossover cable hasn't been used for years now

I am studying for CCNA right now. How worried do I have to be about pajeets taking my jerb?

are those pixie stix?

I remember I used to degauss my screen every day just because I liked the effect. Got my money's worth with that degauss button.

They're pretty awful so just apply for jobs that pay more than 50k and I guarantee pajeets aren't being hired for it.
If you look for an "entry level" network admin position and they want to pay you

Someone 3D printed a save button

>pic related

Damn... I still have my Samsung SyncMaster 957MBs.
2048x1536 @59Hz even though they rated at 1920x1440 @60Hz.

What was the practical reason they had to do this in the first place?

Routers I think.

And what was the practical reason that routers require cables to be crossover?

Routers??? :O
Ohh, you mean wifi :D

I thought it was for when you didn't have a router, for direct device to device connections.

Once upon a time, me boyyo, there was no wifi and we stretched cables everywhere. Oooh, there was cables for miles and miles let me tell you, it was quite a sight to behold. I don't really hold with all this new wifi and the cancer but what can you do? Young people today just don't understand cables.

Attached: 1478394991557.gif (256x512, 885K)

Network cards were simpler and not full of botnet software, so you had to have different types of cable for device-device and device-router-device.

>most
You mean all

we still need crossover cables when working with shitty telco-carriers who refuse to do autoneg on copper handoff. pic might or might not be related

Attached: 54502196_1445415015-768x432.jpg (768x432, 15K)

you need to connect RX to TX for transmission to work, that is what a crossover cable does.
it gets a bit confusing to always keep the standards different on both ends when you've got multiple patch panels to go through. usually patches connect PC to switch or router to switch anyway, so RX and TX in switchports are swapped so straight through cables can be used.

Attached: IPFTFc3.jpg (1224x1632, 464K)

So from your post
>be white
>be well spoken
Great yeah thanks I can do that

With it you could connect two PCs with a UTP cable

Nowadays you can just do it anyway

I love that app

Fastethernet and below doesn't use them so you can do whatever you want and GigabitEthernet enforces Auto-MDIX anyway

Wait, what? Really? Why have nobody told me this?