/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread:

Attached: 1528880896744.jpg (600x765, 589K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ii8/havoc
vocaroo.com/i/s0DBKcPYMJTK
pastebin.com/TWQh31sc
stackoverflow.com/questions/3323001/what-is-the-maximum-recursion-depth-in-python-and-how-to-increase-it
mingw-w64.org/doku.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get that gay itoddler shit out of here.

Attached: satania-door.png (1114x1214, 828K)

Odin is #1

Attached: logo-slim.png (501x261, 72K)

Cute compiler

So when dealing with OpenGL and shaders I see people usually have a struct holding the unfirom locations, how does it work once you scale up to like dozens or hundreds of various shaders that require different inputs and such? Do you just have a giant ass struct with every possible attribute for every shader or is there a cleaner solution?

So is this a bot? Or does someone dedicate their whole life to posting "itoddler" every time their hated manufacturer is mentioned?

On my little wayland terminal emulator.

github.com/ii8/havoc

Attached: ss.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

may this thread be comfy

Attached: 1555267285976.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

You only bind what's needed per shader?

>all those magic numbers all over the place
oh the horror

Attached: file.png (706x605, 23K)

I understand, it's just weird having to pass a struct around that has all the locations stored so that you can pick up whatever you need. I dunno, I just think it's kinda ugly-ish but I guess maybe I'm just being autistic about it.

I don't think it's a bot but that person probably looks similar to this.

Attached: 1530921494725.jpg (1024x680, 70K)

Just take a look at how UE4 does it.

t. seething itoddler

Attached: satania-laughs.gif (500x491, 376K)

That's on emacs lisp style dynamics scope and scala implicits?

it's a biobot

based

This made me exhale air unexpectedly.

vocaroo.com/i/s0DBKcPYMJTK

>look mom i posted it again

cringe and bluepilled

he has a point and you know it.

If you're getting an autistic meltdown out over internet slang, to the point where you record yourself literally yelling for over a minute, you're clearly retarded for going to Jow Forums, the most immature place on the entire internet.

cringe

based

based boomer

cringe

based zoomer

partake in intercourse

Why aren't you writing standards compliant C89 that doesn't get in the way of your programming habits by adding
#define frame to your code and being able to pop a new code block anytime you want using a frame { } block and also being able to declare variables in the middle of a function without the collective ghosts of the ANSI C committee throwing a fit?

Attached: ferris98.png (667x598, 616K)

based and redpilled

cringe and onionpilled

I have another way to get around the ANSI C committee.

Because I'm not retarded enough to hold myself back by using C89 in 2019.

if (gliph[i] == 0x0) {
// ....
}

I'm a low IQ retard who's (barely) learning Java at a shitty college
What language should I learn to mindlessly write code and get a shitty wage

it seemed fine until the memeing 12 year olds showed up

If you didn't want 12 year olds, then why did you post literal cartoons in OP? Seems kind of counterintuitive.

only so you can actively avoid using any of them

some gentle reminders:
- Vim is better than Emacs (more like Efags tbqh)
- If you can't program whatever you need in C, you're a literal brainlet

thank you for your time

fine. I'll change it to hex, just for you.
But I wont change glyph to gliph.

I'm not the OP, just fuck off of this thread with your /v/ shitposting.

guys, do you also get Maximum Recursion Depth Python error in recursive sorting algorithm, with input bigger than 1000? array of 998 elements exactly is limit in my case
Here is code

def heapSort(lst,t):
if len(lst)==1:
t.append(lst[0])
return
t.append(lst[0])
del lst[0]
for k in range(len(lst)-1,-1,-1):
heapify(lst, len(lst),k)
heapSort(lst,t)
def heapify(lst, n,i):
largest=i
l=2*largest+1
r=2*largest+2
if l

__import__('sys').setrecursionlimit(99999)

WHY DO I HAVE TO UPDATE VISUAL STUDIO BEFORE I UNINSTALL IT

Attached: 180433298.png (470x481, 297K)

Why is python such an ugly language? Why do people use it? I don't get it, really, what am I missing?

That's just to update the telemetry scripts to send data to Microsoft. Nothing to worry about.

My program has a logic problem
pastebin.com/TWQh31sc
It's skipping a series of if loops after line 43 and going straight to the else loop.
I suspect that I'm not initializing the variables correctly but I don't know how to initialize them in such way that it won't execute said else loop.

Attached: 1306913541634.jpg (185x301, 12K)

Set the Status to be 'Y' or 'y', and post what happens.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I JUST WANT TO DELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

scanf("%c") won't consume the trailing newline from when you hit enter, so the next call to scanf will receive '\n'. try changing the next one to scanf(" %c") with a leading space.

you mean update the installer?

IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER
IF I WANT TO UNINSTALL SOMETHING I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN UPDATE

python is the "it just werk" of the programming languages.

Attached: guidosicp.png (601x623, 100K)

How do I type that? I thought the loop criteria I had was properly typed
Ah, this happen to me before, I added a space to all the scanf lines and now the program is working better
Thanks

what if the uninstaller was broken?

WHY WOULD THE UNINSTALLER BE BROKEN
DEVELOPERS SHOULD MAKE SURE NOT TO RELEASE BROKEN SHIT

yes, but it doesnt solve problem. I think it catches stack overflow around 5000-th element of 10000, and numbers after this point comes out unsorted. At least it was easy to change heapSort to iterative, now it sorts 10000 long arrays no problem

worse, it has no "tail-call optimisation" so you can throw all your recursive algorithms into trash basically! stackoverflow.com/questions/3323001/what-is-the-maximum-recursion-depth-in-python-and-how-to-increase-it

Shame, because i like syntax actually, and expressiveness

Did you know it's not actually possible to uninstall visual studio without formatting your hard disk?

thats bullshit but i believe it

Attached: B3.png (679x704, 696K)

Did anybody here jumped the wagon on the OpenCV official courses? I'm almost biting the complete package but I'm afraid that it'll sucks and it costs a lot.

Attached: chrome_2019-06-12_19-51-07.png (798x445, 234K)

I want to fuck banira

I know some Java and Javascript. I want to get into a database language to do web development.

Should I do Ruby or Python?

I have done neither language. I have a friend who wants to work with me. He has done some Pythin but not much.

they will walk you through calling a few functions in the library API because they're desperate for money.

how tf do i get a 64-bit version of gcc on windows? mingw only seems to support x86

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

why did you make this??

mingw-w64.org/doku.php

>editing out your timezone
really now

false, you can do 64 bit with mingw, i've done it in the past

probably some fucking hell of macros or reading the actual shader and then having an interface that can take anything but throws an error if the shader doesn't support it... you know, actual cancer

what else have you done in the past?

This is what I fear but there's little [spoiler]good[/spoiler] content available about computer vision.

Free courses exist. and will you get a certificate or diploma after you finish it?

There's a lot of free courses, but good free courses? I doubt.

i tried that but it seems completely different from banira mingw, like theres no "package manager" or anything
care to share with the class?

>64-bit version of gcc
>64
but why?

well i figured since i spent all that money on a 64 bit processor i should use a compiler to match
is there no performance difference at all?

Writing a Lisp interpreter. Here's a screenshot of my code so far (the code itself is too long to fit in one post).

Attached: lisp-interpreter-source-wip.png (915x835, 23K)

>is there no performance difference at all?
I don't know. I don't even program.

>casting malloc
epic

to clarify, my understanding is that 32-bit compilers produce 32-bit binaries, and 64-bit compilers produce 64-bit binaries. is this correct? or is there just some flag you pass to g++ to get it to compile for whatever arch you want

its hard to find good free courses, but information is free out there. you have to dig and use time.

either you are pay time + work or money.

All courses are free.

>DEVELOPERS SHOULD MAKE SURE NOT TO RELEASE BROKEN SHIT
ok but when do they? plus it's just a job dude

Python is beautiful.

if developers dont release broken shit then the installer should be broken and i shouldnt have to update it to uninstall visual studio

>DEVELOPERS SHOULD MAKE SURE NOT TO RELEASE BROKEN SHIT
I can only imagine what you would be like in corporate america after realizing even big vendor names make mistakes all the time which is why being first is never the wise decision.

the installer shouldn't* be broken

Should I do Ruby or Python?

I know some Java and Javascript. I want to get into a database language to do web development. I have done neither language. I have a friend who wants to work with me. He has done some Python but not much.

Attached: fun graveyard.jpg (1280x960, 172K)

that doesnt make it alright

why don't you tell them that you're gonna work for them and there are gonna be 0 bugs?

I prefer Ruby. It's just more elegant, and doesn't have as large a crowd of brainlet users as Python.

they'd rather hire pajeets for 20% of the cost and 30x the bugs/delays/lack of features

Reminder the time an open source loonix dev released an installed that deleted your /usr folder. kek

Attached: 81VStYnDGrL.jpg (1399x2131, 322K)

bugs happen, but bugs that make the user's product unusable are unacceptable

haskell compiler (GHC) had a bug at one point that if your source code contains an error it deletes the file

>but bugs that make the user's product unusable are unacceptable
>having to install an update means the product is unusable
Honestly at this point just neck yourself you annoying cunt.

why are the leetcode so hard? do any of you else struggle with interview questions?

i was saying that i shouldnt have to update the installer to uninstall product, and some user said that the installer could be broken, and i replied that the installer shouldnt be so broken that i was unable to use it correctly

>>having to install an update means the product is unusable

Attached: 834rg2uraxt21.jpg (960x720, 38K)

Safety features like this shouldn't exist. I'd rather see the paranoid people who don't like updates die to whatever bug they found.

One of these things is not like the other~

Attached: diiiiiiiiiii.png (1615x869, 137K)