Easy-to-Use Firewall To Block All Windows 10 Connections to Microsoft?

All connections. For updates, telemetry, etc.

Is there one? Bonus if it's open source. Must be free and easy to use, so that a grandma could use it.

Attached: 1550339424272.jpg (1080x1076, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcmontana.com/news/local/3rd-round-of-anti-semitic-flyers-found-in-missoula
safer-networking.org/products/spybot-anti-beacon/
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
github.com/henrypp/simplewall
github.com/bongochong/CombinedPrivacyBlockLists/blob/master/WindowsTelemetryBlockSupplements/SBBTYZ-IPv4.txt
github.com/bongochong/CombinedPrivacyBlockLists/blob/master/WindowsTelemetryBlockSupplements/SBBTYZ-IPv6.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try wireshark
or even try
slant

If blocking at a DNS level is doable, setup a pihole or block DNS via your router (pfsense, dd-wrt, etc. can all do this).

If DNS level blocking is not doable, then you are fucked. Windows 10 bypasses firewalls and hosts files when it calls home

Can I have a link to the article kind sir?

No OP, but Google says nbcmontana.com/news/local/3rd-round-of-anti-semitic-flyers-found-in-missoula

No idea, fellow Jow Forums bro. Something I saved from an OP image many months ago. Based though.

DNS/router isn't doable. I keep hearing conflicting info on this. Some say it bypasses firewalls, etc. - others say that different firewalls (forgot which) will work for blocking it.

I need to be able to have grandma use it. Wireshark is too complicated even for a pleb like me.

No feasible way. Time to switch to Linux. (Multiboot if you need lots of gaming.) Some editions aren't too bad.

Build a PC without a network card, and install Windows on that.
Then, when you need to transfer data between the Windows PC and the librebooted GNU/Linux PC, you just use a DVD-ROM.

JUST

FUCK

MY

COUNTRY

Run once a week.
safer-networking.org/products/spybot-anti-beacon/

IN

THE

JEW

>tfw people are too retarded to know about Destroy Windows 10 Spying
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
It's also free software. It respects your freedom.

This looks like malware.

>Malware
>On GitHub
Since it's open-source, why don't you audit the code for malware? Better yet, why don't you make a better solution to rid yourself of Microsoft's telemetry?

Simplewall
github.com/henrypp/simplewall

inb4 this is also considered malware for being open-source

>>DNS/router isn't doable. I keep hearing conflicting info on this. Some say it bypasses firewalls, etc. - others say that different firewalls (forgot which) will work for blocking it.
Basically Windows 10's network stack knows about which IP addresses MS services reside on and will hit them directly. It won't go through DNS or the regular firewalling system.

MS's stated justification for this is security. Which actually has some truth to it, if you remember cleaning malware off machines in the 00s and early 10s you'll have seen how its first defense step was to block access to windows update somehow. The fact that this security feature prevents you from opting out of telemetry or declining any other nonsecurity updates MS might see fit to give you is, from their point of view, gravy.

If you want to block communication with MS you have to do it at the IP level on a separate machine that doesn't run Windows. Which for almost all home networks means your router's firewalling features. Consumer little-plastic-box routers are not very good for this out of the box. MS has a ton of IPs. At the very least you'd need OpenWRT. I don't know if anyone maintains a block-MS list, someone probably does, but if you don't understand wireshark you won't be setting it up unless you learn.

In other words, If you can read the source code & edit it, it's not malware.

TinyWall is pretty good. I never tried disabling windows though. Try TinyWall, its light and fast.

What makes you think it's malware? The fact that it's doing exactly what OP needs it to do?

some guy used wireshark and if i am correct there are over 8000 yes thoustand various adresses
i have them all blocked in hosts despite having ltsb

these will block pretty much everything you can without breaking windows updates:

ipv4 hosts - github.com/bongochong/CombinedPrivacyBlockLists/blob/master/WindowsTelemetryBlockSupplements/SBBTYZ-IPv4.txt

ipv6 hosts - github.com/bongochong/CombinedPrivacyBlockLists/blob/master/WindowsTelemetryBlockSupplements/SBBTYZ-IPv6.txt

both are updated in sync with and from anti-beacon, tyz, and crazy max's anti-telemetry lists. sometimes more frequently than the three it's mainly sourced from.

those entries are also included in the larger default hosts file of that repository.

afaik, the hardcoded telemetry hosts cannot be bypassed on any version of windows 10 lesser than pro, but even that's a grey area. i subscribe to these lists in my openwrt router via luci-simple-adblock, but adding them to your windows hosts file couldn't hurt.

Thanks for this
Is there one of these for Windows 7?

>this pic is fucking real

Attached: 2snapshot_00.47.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

would have been better without the face/hair edit

The sad thing is if it was a picture with trump and a Russian flag behind him it would be acceptable and praised everywhere.

Holy fuck I hate jews.