Void toddlers on suicide watch

Void toddlers on suicide watch.

Attached: 1559053166875.png (602x500, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/nix
git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Redpill me on guix. Why should I care about it?

You might like the way it does package management, but otherwise it's completely irrelevant in every way.

Guix packages work on all versions of linux. It lets you install oldstyle stable pacakges like from debian or brand new cutting edge shit like in arch. It solves the problem of conflicting dependencies.

Guix is like the o negative blood type that donates to all people.

Attached: bloodtypes.jpg (2884x1096, 744K)

Silverblue is superior

Piece of shit doesn't support my wifi chipset

The only reason guix "distro" exists is so that they can test the package manager. The goal is to run the guix package manager on your preferred distro of choice. So debain + guix or arch + guix.

sounds gay

Why would I use the guix package manager over say apt

So the guix package manger does not exclude apt.

You can use apt and guix at the same time, and in fact you should.

In fact, the way that guix is designed, it is impossible for guix packages to conflict with your apt packages, or with each other.

fuck off, the real distro is nix os.
just because you come and remove a few packages it won't be your distro autist gnu retard

Guix is just a NixOS knockoff stolen by freetards and appropriated as something unique and special.
If you want the original instead of the Chinese replica, you use Nix.
If you want something for real professionals, you use Silverblue.

What even is it anymore? Is this a package manager or a configuration management utility? From what people are saying it seems to be a package manager, but looking at the distro the focus also seems to be heavily based around a sort of configuration management where you manage your system config as code.
If it's primarily a package manager, why use it over the one that comes with your system? If it's primarily config management, why use it over chef, puppet, or ansible?

nix is a competitor to guix. I believe nix uses haskell and guix uses lisp.

Attached: 1560147182892.jpg (379x379, 14K)

They can't just make a package manager and not test it on a distro. The reason the distro exists is to prove it can work standalone.

I think the difference is the configuration of the syntax, nix uses some special syntax while guix uses a lisp dsl.

Ah I see. Cool. I just installed ungoogled-chromium from the Guix repository

>not using guix to install gnu icecat

Outdated trash

It respects my freedoms.

Attached: 1560319136289.jpg (750x703, 95K)

OK so I installed the package but I'm not sure how to run it or where the binary is

The distro it self is a mess, atleast for now. I've tried it and was unable to startx properly even after trying out many configurations.
The package manager itself, when used on other distros, just seems unnecessary, atleast for a normal desktop user. I can only see this being used for getting a different version of a package already installed at your system or getting packages that aren't on your distro's repositories.

Attached: 1524835614188.gif (400x310, 267K)

You should not, its literally a fraction of what nix offers ecosystem wise (not just talking about packages) and requires knowledge of the scheme language instead of a dead simple domain specific language. That is like friendly JSON and is actually designed to do package management.

All in all you would want the OS designed to be a functional OS instead of the OS designed to run scheme (unless you really like scheme and not having your drivers supported).

nix uses a dead simple language which looks like JSON. nix is not a competitor of GUIX (according to the devs of both). GUIX is an implementation of the ideas of nix (though not fully) based on the paper by Eelco Dolstra (PhD from the Netherlands who together with a bunch of others from Technical university delft have been designing and building nix for the past 17 years). Quite frankly only if you care about GNU, muh free software (nix supports non-free after a flag which is a crime to GNU), and programming in scheme, you should use GUIX.

kek so you are saying that nix is like the (((vim))) of guix clones.

Alright have fun hahahahahhahahhahahahaha

Attached: 2000px-EmacsIcon.svg.png (2000x2000, 371K)

git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/nix
imagine being this retarded.

git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/
imagine being this retarded

:^) you are running nix either way.

It don't have wifi so it's not good

What are you talking about? You can install guix entirely without the use of nix.

Isn't this exactly why flatpak is a thing or am I retarded?

Attached: 1478116649475.jpg (497x478, 35K)