Air conditioners

Air conditioners and other devices to cool air are technology.

Why americans don't use their central air conditioners as heat pumps? 4 valve valve is like less than $100...
Do swamp coolers even work?

Attached: comfort-air-conditioner-24ACC4-328x328.gif (328x328, 79K)

swamp coolers only work in low humidity enviroments

Because in my city it costs about $9 for 1000 ft3 of natgas which according to some calculator online is equivalent to 293 kwh. The same amount of electricity costs $24.7, or 2 3/4x more. That's why.

the air conditioner thread earlier today was an absolute shitshow of eurocuck inferiority complexes, I hope this one is half as entertaining

>swamp coolers only work in low humidity environments
This both hurts and confuses the yuropoor

So, gas is 32 kW-h/$. And electricity is 11 kW-h/$ (or $0,03/kW-h for gas, and $0,09/kW-h for electricity)?
Shittiest AC R410A has COP of 3.2. So, you get three times more kW-h of heat for kW-h of electricity. So, it looks like same shit, except gas will work in -30C.

Idk, warmer states definitely can get some solar panels and use AC as heat pump for "free"...

Kek.
No, really where do they work. Some deserts like Israel?

Attached: dk33.jpg (640x515, 58K)

Works only if outdoor temp is below 25C.

>10-15k for panels and install
>Free
Also factor in with heat pumping you're running a mechanical compressor to pump a pressurized fluid. Its going to cause wear just like using it for ac, except for the whole year instead of half. For a gas heater you have fire and an electronic monitoring and control system. Not much to wear but maybe the blower motor and ignitor.

Best AC coming through

Attached: .jpg (550x347, 34K)

Fuck it, I'm installing one of these ASAP.
Got the concrete Slab pored for it and Everything.
My GF likes to cuddle for retarded amounts of time, and that shit is impossible when my room is 75f+
Women are fucking furnaces.

Attached: Mini split.png (1071x1578, 698K)

>10-15k for panels and install
This is why free in quotes.
I think you can 5 kW panels under
>Also factor in with heat pumping you're running a mechanical compressor to pump a pressurized fluid.
It will pump gas, just like during normal operation.
4-way valve only swaps evaporator and condenser.
During normal operation, compressor creates pressure, it goes to condenser, than it goes to capillary (stop, I guess I know why, American central AC has mechanical expansion valve, not capillary tube (because AC this powerful will have bad efficiency with it) and not electric thermal valve. And mechanical valve must be installed as close as possible to evaporator coil), than gas becomes super cool liquid, and it boils in evaporator, and that gas is sucked by compressor.
During heating operation, compresor creates pressure, it goes to evaporator, than it goes to capillary, becomes liquid ,and then it boils in condenser, and gas gets sucked by compressor.
As you can see, compressor sucks gas in all cases.
Btw, scroll compressors would die from liquid 100%, rotary or piston might survive this abuse.
> Its going to cause wear just like using it for ac, except for the whole year instead of half.
Yes. But compressors are pretty reliable.
> For a gas heater you have fire and an electronic monitoring and control system. Not much to wear but maybe the blower motor and ignitor.
For gas heater, you have potential of fire, if it was installed by someone like me.
Why this shit isn't sold outside of US?
What I really like about those, is flexible lines, which are not copper, but steel, which is cool, since you won't kink it.

lmao same fucking situation. I have a massive windows So i just open that and throw a box fan on window sill. It's like AC desu.

You can easily fuck up the copper lines.
That DIY kit is sweet because it doesn't need a HVAC guy. Those assholes will butt fuck you with prices.

A fan is unless when it's 90F outside.
Plus, I cannot sleep when a room is over 70F.

>I think you can 5 kW panels under
15k... Shit, I didn't know they are still that expensive.
Alternatively, you can get male-male cable, and use it to steal electricity from neighbor

Anywhere that has deserts.

kek you fucking nigger

Almost all of the solar panel expense is now in installation and battery costs. The panels themselves are cheap enough, but the rest isn't.

>You can easily fuck up the copper lines.
I know. I fucked up when I was installing my AC myself.
Good thing I cared enough to notice the kink, and remove insulation to see a hole before I released Freon.
>That DIY kit is sweet because it doesn't need a HVAC guy. Those assholes will butt fuck you with prices.
Non DIY doesn't need HVAC guy too, unless you need to charge the line, since you can't buy freon, because greenfags are public enemies.
Batteries are not needed if you have classic meter. Hehe.

This, I mean, we should set inhabitable zone such as subtropical zone and all live in the comfy area.
fucking hate living in subtropical zone with these high temp high humidity weathers

And yeah, those AC seem to be simple enough for DIYer to fix. So getting EPA/F-gas license might worth it.

Windows vs Mini-split vs Central air vs Mobile

Sort it please

pretty much. places like israel, phoenix arizona, baghdad, riyhad.
europe doesn't really have hot deserts (except maybe some parts of spain)

I would love me some euro-windows. they were greatly insulated. my concern is how to make the best out of them in hot humid 'murrican environments. where you place mosquito screen? and are they suited for non-concrete houses (aka cheap american wood constructions)

>It will pump gas, just like during normal operation.
I meant fluid in the scientific sense, not a literal liquid
>Yes. But compressors are pretty reliable.
Still subject to wear. I live in the desert and a unit generally lasts 10 years cooling in 100+ heat for 7-8 months a year or so. So like 80 months of use give or take. additional use for heating for those other 4 months, granted in the cool so less extreme heat wear, will lower the lifespan by a bit. Doubt it will be halved, but that extra 30% will probably cut 15-20% off the lifespan, or 12-15 months.
>For gas heater, you have potential of fire, if it was installed by someone like me.
That's why they have multiple redundant safeties, as well as professionals to install them. I'm willing to bet (because I couldn't find anything with a quick search) that most to all of gas heater fires actually stem from gas leaks other than the heater, and it either lights off the built up leaked gas, or it's entirely unrelated but gets blamed because it makes the most sense. They wouldn't still use them en mass in new constructions (like my house) if they were that horrifically dangerous *cough* fireplace *cough*

>where you place mosquito screen?
From the outside somehow.
>and are they suited for non-concrete houses (aka cheap american wood constructions)
Yes. Russians install them in wooden house no problem.

Idk, I don't like them, hinges are too complex for me. I like japanese aluminium sliding windows.

Attached: www.png (402x402, 41K)

my window unit is spitting water out the front but isnt flooded in the back metal part. why?

Cuz the evaporator is the cold part and the condenser is the hot part? And water condenses on things that are below the dew point?

Tilt it back

Heat pumps are less efficient and cost more than burning natural gas for heat. They are useful for places that don't have central heating as common devices, like in Japan.
Swamp coolers very much work but only to a point and they have a slight negative of raising the humidity and also use water. They are good for large amounts of small temperature change cooling, so something like an out building or garage that is often opened to the outside air.

Most modern windows in northern europe come with a metal framed mosquito screen that you twist into place from inside and it will snap between the frame and the outer pane

Very nice, I like AC and solar panel discussion.

Attached: monitoring thread.jpg (800x600, 76K)