What do you think of the Huawei Matebook D 14?

I plan to buy it (600eur) for a mainly office use (movies, web, gimp, linux). I hesitated with the Acer Swift 1, which is half as expensive, but it only has 64 GB of memory, and i want a laptop with AMD cpus.

Attached: b17d6f442b8a32b49c50ac4d3ffa7bcb.jpg (580x580, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-any-linux-distro-on-a-chromebook
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Huawei

u mean 1984 ? do u know the nsa ?

Attached: china-pooh-flag.jpg (1264x632, 92K)

yes?

It makes burgets seethe, so buy it anf show it off.

burgers literally cant even say huawei right much less seethe over it they will just assume you're being spied on by chinks

You know there's no way to extend that disk space, because it's just a chip that's soldered onto the mainboard? You know that 64GB is used up pretty fast?

That's why I went with a bigger Thinkpad. One that still has a 2.5" disk that can be changed and upgraded. Currently 1TB SSD.

>You know there's no way to extend that disk space, because it's just a chip that's soldered onto the mainboard? You know that 64GB is used up pretty fast?
Have you looked at the computers? It's the acer which has 64gb of memory and I say that's why I prefer this huawei which has much more.

chinese shit

huashit has accessible m.2
you can't only upgrade RAM

so, what do u think of this buying idea user?

well I have it already user, and for the price it's pretty good
only objective negative I can think of is that the fan can get moderately loud and likes to go full speed with power plugged in

I don't like that they ripped off macbook design. I mean, it's not even good in the first place, why rip it off. And matebook X / pro is superior to D in every way possible (well except for being intel only). Since it has poorfag 16:9 resolution, if I wanted AMD laptop I would rather buy a thinkpad.
I hope AMD makes an lpddr controller for mobile zen2 and we finally get an AMD refresh of matebook X pro, that would be instant buy from me. But US being moronic doesn't help the case either, huawei might give up on western market.

Intel version also has SODIMM RAM and SATA HDD. They decided to make AMD version thinner and got rid of them, too bad.

ty user

u have linux with it ? if so, can u show a neofetch please ? i want to see the memory usage

It's one of the 2500U laptops done right, with proper dual channel ram. Good performance vs the 8250U and 8265U, especially with the doubly faster iGPU

I wasn't that impressed with the matte 1080p 60% srgb IPS panel we get in Europe, but for 600€ I guess its unreasonable to expect more

no I have linux on my x220, this is supposed to be windows desktop backup

also I would probably go with the Lenovo E585 or E485 instead, for the keyboard and black build. Not sure if they ever fixed the Linux compatibility issues though

ty user
the display isnt good ?

its fine for the price range, I just wish they would do a more premium AMD model with a better one

>ultrabook
Not interested.

ty user

Don't buy it. I got one and the battery life is shit (6h max ?), IPS screen not that good and it overheat (thanks AMD) very fast.

Seriously? What would you recommend then, user?

I could to everything you're wanting to do with a chromebook for half the price.

Delete the china spyware, cause i'm getting 8 hours of browsing with no problem.

>chromebook
kek

which spyware ?

Don't like 12 hour battery life, fanless designs, and the ability to run a android apps and Linux programs on the same machine?

>which spyware ?
The fucking manager thing. And cull your services.

Which is the best Chromebook?

i use linux

bump

Can one easily install other Linux distros on Chromebooks?

The matebook 13 if you have 200$ more to burn.

6h max with heavy browsing and running some programs.

There are two ways to run Linux on a chromebook. Natively install it, or use Linux wrappers on the applications.

The Pixelbook and Pixelslate. Best for the money though is the Asus C434, and HP Chromebook X2. Both come in around 500-600 dollars.

This OP, I advise you to buy a chromebook too.

Easily? Depends.

linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-any-linux-distro-on-a-chromebook

But you can completely pave over the chromebook OS and partition and set up your preferred flavor of Linux.

i dont trust google

bump

You have Google botnet inside you right now.

what

I'd rather go for the matebook 13 if you can afford it, there are sometimes really nice sales up for it and it's better than the d 14 imo.

i want a big screen
>muh screen

matebook 13 has a 13.9 inch screen and the d 14 has a 14 inch screen. But the matebook 13 has a 3:2 display so you might run into trouble when watching more videos desu. Idk do what you want, the d 14 has decent reviews on amazon and you get the prestige to boast about having an amd cpu.

>you get the prestige to boast about having an amd cpu.
thats a good argument right there

Here you go
Has Chromium on the other tag

Attached: 20190606042959_3000x2000_scrot.png (3000x2000, 2.04M)

ty user
only 1.5gb of ram?

matebook 13 has 13 screen, matebook pro x has 13.9

Oh, you're right, I mixed those two up then.

just get x220

what and why

last bump

>only 1.5gb of ram?
16gb
This is the matebook X pro i7, picked it up for 1150 USD a few weeks ago

Get the mbxp,
For the price it's by far the best laptop.

On it's own it's a stunning laptop that competes with a MacBook Pro or a top dell xps but at like half the price. I love mine and it supports Linux perfectly. You have to do a few tweaks like screen scaling but after that it's Gucci.

Attached: 20190614_025723-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.29M)

Why not both? I have x230 with Linux and chinkbook with Windows.

Huawei managed to create a macbook clone that is superior to the macbook imo. They left out that trash keyboard. Matebook 13 is still on my personal radar though (mainly because it's cheaper and the specs are enough for me)

>glossy screen
shiggy diggy