You never understand what "bloat" really means until you compile the Linux kernel. Holy fucking shit...

You never understand what "bloat" really means until you compile the Linux kernel. Holy fucking shit, THIS is real bloat.

Attached: de086b90-d930-45e9-bcad-230b75fd8ee3.jpg (800x457, 50K)

Quick, switch to HURD

>functionality is now bloat

fuck off, idiot. people like you shouldn't be anywhere near computers or technology if this is the level of retarded fucking nonsense that you're vomiting up. if you wish to talk about bloat, let's talk about the insanely long and complex source codes for systemd.

Install OpenBSD.

>hurr durr look at me! I'm smarter than you! Systemd bad!

where did i say it was bad, you illiterate dumb cunt? kill yourself.

You write like a twelve-year-old trying to be badass

That's what Tim Cook thinks obviously.

it is bloat because it is in one huge parametric codebase with hundreds of knobs and switches

>being able to turn off bloat is now bloat

according to poetttering, even wpa_supplicant has >500k loc these days. so systemd, at ~300k loc, can't really considered bloat.

>Using uint8_t to control switches with bits uses too much bloat
>Average user has around 8 gigabytes
>Bloat is when you use 0.0000001% of memory

Sage

Attached: 1526788007669.jpg (492x360, 28K)

The point is you turn off most of the shit, in fact there's tools already that check your hardware and do exactly that.

If you want to have support for as much hardware as Linux does you will end up with a large code base that you turn on and off.

Also just so you know, although the Linux kernel might look huge, most of that is in device drivers which are kept in tree but aren't compiled unless you turn them on, Linux propper has only 139k LOC for the actual kernel, and for comparison the BSD kernel has 162k

Yeah systemd is bloated as fuck, but we're not talking about systemd right now are we?

i think having to use a keyboard or mouse to interact with computers is bloat. fact: computers can run without them. keyboards are a sjw bloat botnet

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-13 141823.png (847x175, 60K)

ironic.

sage.

>announcing your own report
The hypocrisy.

it is not bloat, because it is
1. components
2. interchangeable

HOW DO YOU THINK ALL OF THOSE SJW SCREEDS ON TWITTER ARE TYPED UP???

Isn't all those things "installed" on a virtual file system instead of just glued directly into the kernel code?

on touch screens.

BAN ASSAULT IPADS

It would be bloat if it would have some kind of compatiblity layer like Windows did to get even DOS stuff running on newer versions. Everything else provided by the Linux kernel is pretty basic

>things i don't need and can be compiled out or disabled are bloat

Attached: sage.png (640x144, 7K)