Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1528241426738.jpg (1000x701, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/q/56583376/7454177
3ds.hacks.guide/
github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_3DS
github.com/darkreader/darkreader
ui.com/airmax/nanostationm/
stackoverflow.com/questions/56583376/django-redis-websocket-404
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13521519
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm trying to get into LaTeX. Any good program to do that in windows?

What's a glob pattern? How do I use a shell? I'm just a regular win user

The bootloader on my Essential Phone is completely fucked. All I want to do is flash TWRP and no commands work. Absolutely any command at all will throw random errors for no reason and they keep changing,
If I spam -a_b I can get it to switch partitions, but I have to do it like 50 times in a row, and then when I try to send anything to the phone it just hangs permanently.
What the fuck do I do

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-13 05-53-10.png (654x1028, 243K)

Laptop power brick is buzzing when laptop is under load, how worried should I be?

Ubuntu retard here.
Can someone help me figure out how to rename an unknown named file in different directories to a single name in its same directory?

To explain, I have a single jpg image of unknown name in many different directories, but I want them all to be called the same name like "picture.jpg".

So:
/dir1/subdir1/asdfjz.jpg -> /dir1/subdir1/picture.jpg
/dir2/subdir2/jvzxk.jpg -> /dir2/subdir2/picture.jpg

How can I do this?
I can find the images using find . -iname "*.jpg", but I can't figure out how to get the mv command to keep them in the same directory changing the filename to my desired name.

Worked half the day on a way to use redis as a websocket for django... stackoverflow.com/q/56583376/7454177 I'm probably just retarded, but I just can't figure it out...

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-06-06 at 12.36.46.jpg (600x842, 70K)

Is my graphics card fucked?
AMD RX 460, bought 2 years ago, I have weird colored dots in some games (Space Engine, GRID 2) but not others (TF2). They flicker on the screen.
Sometimes I have rectangular "broken textures" on the screen, even desktop, especially after the PC has been in hibernate or sleep a few times over the course of the week.

Attached: scr00003.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Also misplaced textures

Attached: x.jpg (1272x714, 126K)

Do i absolutely need one of them PSU testers for 10 bucks to determine whether a PSU is in working order or can i just test it out directly via that one weird paperclip trick? Also can the paperclip be any material

Attached: mzzmndcwntcg.jpg (800x531, 30K)

Yes and no.
The paperclip jumper is merely a "PSU-enable". You can then probe using a multimeter the different voltages it generates, to confirm the PSU is on and at least functioning somewhat normally. What this method does not reveal is any problems the PSU might encounter under load. You would need a resistor and ammeter to determine if it can supply appropriate current.

How to unbotnet W10? I need to use some Windows-only software on my Linux install so I'm running a VM.

enterprise is the least botnetted there is but that's still somewhat

Is there anyway to change Window's hotkeys without installing and scripting something like AutoHotIKey?

Attached: garrie.jpg (752x715, 82K)

best way to play roms on 3ds? r4 card? links?

I only have a Pro key and I don't want to have pirated shit on company computer

from what I've read in the past there are scripts to strip down win10 and remove shop, restrcit settings etc but they never *fully* debloat or unbotnet and may break stuff

how are admin PCs that run windows server/domain controller connected to the network? Are they just connected to the switch just like other PCs? Or do they need to be connected a certain way?

Considering USB 3.0/3.1 is as fast as it is, external factors aside, is there any real performance degradation using an external drive?

Download OOshutup10 and disable the settings wisely.
Search /wxg/ general, then find main pastebin link then find diagtrack listener
Go to modern setting > privacy then disable wisely
Go to windows firewall advance, disable connection for explorer and cortana (the main pastebin should have that)
In 1903, you can almost uninstall all of the installed modern apps. You can create powershell script to do the trick though, but make sure you don't fuck up by uninstalling cortana or some apps (forgot which one).
I think that's it.

What x64 version of W10 do I want? The business version, right?

Inb4 W10 - have to for job.

Want to record some movies to play them on my parents' TV which is some LG model (they couldn't tell, whatever). It doesn't have a dedicated player / android.
What are the most common readable formats for such TVs with smart TV shit?

Attached: 1545235326348.png (1015x720, 741K)

How hard would it be to train a neural network to solve noscript captchas?

for 3ds games:
3ds.hacks.guide/

for ds games (after you followed the guide above):
github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu
a ds flashcard like the r4i offers better compatibility, but isn't necessary for the majority of games

for emulating other consoles (n3ds recommended):
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_3DS

for asking further questions:
you can get games on your preferred private tracker, darkumbra and 3dsiso

Attached: 3ds perfect setup.jpg (1035x3699, 931K)

Looking for a 1TB or 960 GB SSD, what's a good one up to 120 burgerbucks?

Looking at the reviews I've seen a lot of complaints of speeds dropping because of buffer issues.

intel or samsung

I just got a combo router/modem from my isp because the last one shit the bed. I have my old router port forwarding to my server, but my router goes through the isps router/modem comb. Is it failing to connect because their router does not have port forwarding enabled?

Is there some sort of plugin I could add to chromium that would change all webpages displayed in a 'dark theme'

github.com/darkreader/darkreader

Something like this should work
find . -iname "*.jpg" | while read file; do mv "$file" "$(dirname "$file")/picture.jpg"; done

Can I trust this manufacturer website about the range of their wireless equipments?
>ui.com/airmax/nanostationm/

I need to connect 2 buildings less than 300 meters apart from each-other, and I'm considering these products. But I'm not sure if they can really reach 5,000 meters of range as stated on the website. I tried using a normal router before, and it could not reach all the expected range.

Also, there are better options, considering cost-benefit?

Attached: 011.jpg (1998x2299, 364K)

Is there any software that I could use to send keyboard + mouse input to another pc and receive audio from it? Steam streaming is out of the question because I have a problem with it decoding video, which I don't really need since the other pc has a display connected.

Thanks m8s

RDP?

Newpipe keeps failing to play videos, im done. Whats a good alternative? Im interested mostly in background playing, I say Youtube Vanced or something mentioned here once but I think its not on fdroid.

Whats the official place to get it? I dont have play store installed but im rooted on android 4.4 inb4 >2019 >KK

Attached: 1556251663266.jpg (420x420, 33K)

I don't need video and RDP (or whatever windows uses for its remote access feature) streams desktop to the client but logs out the user on the host.

I can't get Django with redis server to work. I just want to have a channels websocket on redis, but the websocket is not visible from the outside...
pepehands.png

Nevermind just updated Newpipe to 0.16.2 from github, its working flawlessly again. Fdroid only has up to 0.16.1 what the fug

More context here stackoverflow.com/questions/56583376/django-redis-websocket-404

They can reach that far if you aim them properly and mount them securely so they stay aimed. Bandwidth may be unreliable depending on a lot of factors.

Multi-mode fiber is the ideal medium at that distance. You'd get 30~100x faster link and way more reliable, but you'd have to pay a network guy with proper tools to set up the cable.

.nomedia files in my shit on android aren't working recursively anymore, plus contents of hidden folders are showing up in generic select-file prompts. what do

Attached: 12115737_10156132565355517_1663246221070363205_n.png (556x760, 666K)

Just did a full wipe of my phone and installed lineage16.I dont have supersu or magisk installed(root has been giving me problems with apps and the hide feature does not work and i cannot be locked out of my account any further)
How can the cts profile check be failing if root isnt installed?

Bought a Lenovo Y520 a year ago, but it starts slowing down when opening big Solidworks assemblies (1000+ parts). It has an i7 7700HQ, a GTX 1050 - but the bottleneck appears to be the 8GB of RAM. When I've got Solidworks running those big assemblies it's using 80-90% of the available RAM. Fortunately there are two slots in this laptop, with the other being filled by an 8GB Samsung DDR4 SODIMM unit (2400MHz), so I could throw in another, although I've never actually done that. I know any upgrade should be DDR4 SODIMM to fit, and should be 2400MHz to play nice with the existing unit, but what's the best upgrade plan?
>Throw in a single 8GB unit
>Throw in two new matching 8GB units
>Throw in a single 16GB unit
In the first case, it'd be mismatching because I can't find another Samsung - is that going to cause problems? In the second case, I'd be spend 80 EUR for 16GB of RAM, which does not sound like a good deal compared to spending a bit more for 24GB total, but that's a mismatched pair again. What should I do?

Why is the middle voltage higher than the max voltage in wattman?

Attached: rx 590 wattman.png (1016x519, 121K)

Make sure you've turned off USB debugging, as that can sometimes fuck with things. If you've done a complete wipe since the last time you used any kind of root, then safety check may be reacting to your unlocked bootloader, in which case getting magisk to work is probably your only chance on that phone.

How large does the system partition need to be for both Lineage 16.0 + OpenGapps pico? Mine is 3 GB and Lineage recovery can't install the pico gapps zip because it says there isn't enough space.
I've heard resizing the system partition is generally a bad idea. Wat do? (device is a Xiaomi Mi A1)

You could try and take it apart, clean off all the dust and clean the logic board with some 80% alcohol. Be careful and look up generic video tutorials if you are new to this.

You can set hotkeys for shortcuts in the properties window. I am not aware of a way to make ctrl-c for instance map to something else. It's not in windows.

>USB debugging
it is disabled,
>If you've done a complete wipe
I fastbooted twrp, did a full format of the device.twrp is not installed on the device
>getting magisk working
It has been working for 2 years? I think, but the developer no longer cares about the magisk hide functionality(as stated in a pinned ticket on github) and i have recently been locked out accounts facing permanent ban.
So having magisk working is out of my hands and lays soley on the dev

I have had magisk installed fine for the longest time but even using the magiskhide option, i've faced 2 temporary bans this past 2 weeks.
Magisk was updated as the updated were put out,directly getting it from the github release tab, both the magisk core and magisk manager
I just want lineage without root and passes safetynet

Teamviewer has audio support, my preference for remote desktop has always been a VNC solution (winvnc, ultravnc etc) but it doesn't seem to support sound

I am confused, I have a RTX Zotac 2060 and I am playing Kingdom Come Deliverance at ultra high settings on 1080p ultrawide and I am getting as low as fps at the stsrter village and averaging around 40. Literally just running around

I have an intel i7 3770
8fb of ram
Intel motherboard.

Should I return my card?

>the developer no longer cares about the magisk hide functionality
It's more that he's saying it may work, it may not, but he's not going to answer 9000 tickets going on about individual problems. It's a common reaction from devs in his position.

It's possible you might have better luck with Oreo, or returning to the stock ROM. But if you can't relock the bootloader or find a combination of tricks to make Magisk work, you might just be shit out of luck on that phone.

I will try cleaning it tomorrow, thanks
still have a bit of warranty time left so we'll see how that goes, threw the packaging away not too long ago and I don't think I have any spare ESD bags

Attached: rip.webm (1920x1080, 1.95M)

>Intel motherboard
No shit.

>Should I return my card?
Maybe. We are less than a month away from AMDs new offerings. I'd try DDU though, and get your drivers from the Zotac site if possible, otherwise Nvidia website. But remember you're on a higher resolution than 1080p, and your processor is on the old side, which hurts more in some games than others.

I was looking for something with less latency, I was using steam streaming for vidya, pls no bully.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to set up my own VPN server hosted through Google Cloud Platform. I don't need my hand held. I just need some documentation.

Attached: sam_hyde_HW-1.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

what is the best oc frequency for my ram module?

Attached: Aantekening 2019-06-14 001657.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

none because it doesn't make much difference because you won't be able to do much

>It's a common reaction from devs in his position.
Then do not promote it as one of your core features if you cannot even support major applications that have hundreds of millions of people using it at any given time?
I understand not supporting some random ass app with less then 100 commits, but well established apps on the play store front page with a billion downloads... Thats not asking too much.

I can lock the bootloder but its a verizon phone so its locked for good if i lock it
There was an exploit for the phone 2 years ago,which i used and havent locked since. I'd rather not have to lock it again as it seems the xda page for the phone is indecisive on if it works with the may or june security update or not.

but it does improve performance isn't it?

in theory yes

whats your cpu and motherboard

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13521519

About to install Arch, from Ubuntu, on my laptop with a 256 GB SSD and 12 GB of RAM. Do I still need a swap partition?

i have 2400mhz stock, but im running at 3200mhz now, which is the highest frequency in ddr4 if i'm correct, but is it safe?

Your entitlement is short sighted and counterproductive. There's very few people even attempting what he's doing, and even with anyones best effort, defeating safetynet is a losing game, as pointed out by chainfire. In a couple of years it's likely to not be a thing at all anymore. It's just too easy for google to implement code that can't be superseded effectively. If it works on some apps, great, but it's impressive one man has managed to make it this far.

If you're one of the people who can relock your phone, you're lucky. It seems like a pretty simple decision to make. Resign yourself to stock, or give up the offending apps on your phone.

I want to start working in the computer field I don't really care about the pay I just want a foot in the door. What certifications should I go for? A+? Cyber security?

Attached: 1490235628161.png (648x584, 472K)

Why does it so long for the first letter to register in the address bar whenever I make a search? Is it just a bloated auto fill?

> be me, 24
> almost done with BA in international relations and have clearence
> got a python cert and a data visualization cert
> just got accepted to first "data science" job, $85k starting (low for my area of residence, but I wanna start out somewhere)
> I'll be putting shit from Excel spreadsheets into SQL with a Python script and making graphs of data

What should I do to progress, lads? I want to get my BS in compsci to complement, but idk if that's overkill (I want to get my masters in linguistics anyway). My goal is to freelance online until I can live off of that and travel. Either that, or get into foreign policy shit with the government.

Attached: 1556893908409.jpg (2048x1137, 220K)

Can the laptop heating up damage the screen, if I keep the lid down because i have monitor plugged in?

Is there a quick easy way to check which email address I have is associated with google authenticator? Am I just being retarded?

I am signed into the google play store with my old school email and I am worried about it expiring and then me being fucked because I have so many important things set up on this app. However, when I go to the account page it says there is no 2FA and that my university didn't even allow us to use their emails to use 2fa

I have a pok3r and the last few weeks sometimes backspace wont work for the first 1 or 2 presses. If you keep pressing it it will work, and sometimes the issue doesnt happen for a few minutes but eventually when you press backspace nothing will happen and you will have to press it once or twice more. Any idea what i can do to fix this? I tried uninstalling the 3 'HID Keyboard Devices' that show up when the keyboard is plugged in, then unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in but that has had no impact. It also only seems to be backspace, i havent noticed the issue with other keys.

Attached: deviceManager.png (269x142, 6K)

no, they do tests for this sort of thing in the factory

It has to make a connection first, and if it is over SSL it takes a bit longer

Yes if it's a Fruitbook.

Does the USB stick need to be completely formatted and only have windows 10 on it, or can I just throw the iso file on an existing usb drive?

bump

correct, fuck fdroid

Bumping for interest, I've been looking for something like this too

Aren't there like a billion articles on configuring your own vpn? Is the stuff out there too dated for you or what?

What is safetynet and why does anyone in modern times care about hiding the fact that a phone is rooted?

Sure. Literally any of them. Study Cisco networking and be a cable monkey.

This is not stupid questions material, make a thread.

Yes, but it depends on how badly it heats up. When did you clean it last? What kind of surface is it on? Does it run painfully hot?

Sounds like you have multiple accounts. Figure out which one you wanna use, make sure that's the good email, andnlog in everywhere with it.

clean yo shit nigga

>clean yo shit nigga
what do you mean? Its only like 2 or 3 months old, it's plenty clean.

Attached: IMG_20190613_171623.jpg (4608x3456, 962K)

I'm hungry, I just wanna learn everything.

>various processes start freezing, can't kill them
>hard reset
>computer takes a long time to POST (least i think so, got stuck with a blinking cursor)
>takes even longer to get to the bootloader, been waiting for 5 minutes
has the hard drive gone bad?

forgot to mention that the HDD activity light has been solid and it looks like it just gives up eventually

how the FUCK do i turn off web search results in windows 10. im just fuckign trying to find an image i made for Jow Forums and it is fucking giving me web results. no wonder old peple hate computers this is so fucking retarded. i fucking had to update to windows 10 because my drivers werent working and i have this fucking bullshit

I use a music app called rocket player on my phone, how do I get the voice assistant to play songs from it?

whats the best way for me to sort my username/passwords in keepassxc? main folder named something with subfolders named for each site or what? i imported my old db from somewhere else and its a fucking tornado of a mess

Install Gentoo
afaik you have to actually format the storage medium. You can't just drag and drop an OS iso onto a filesystem and call it a day.
Skip A+. When it comes to comptia certs, go for Network+ at least, and maybe Security+ if you're going in that direction.
c-cute!

I'm going fucking insane. I've downloaded several free apps to mirror my iPhone on my Windows 10 box and nothing pairs. I'd rather just plug the thing in like I used to with my mac. halp

I have Jow Forums X and everytime another thread on another post gets a reply the catalog on the catalog that i'm looking at scrolls up. It's very annoying. What option did I misclick or is it a bug?

Attached: 1.jpg (1683x1041, 453K)

It's ded, or close to ded. Check SMART.

AFAIK .mp4s work on every smart TV. You can look up the TV and most of them have a format section on their Spec sheets, telling you which formats they can read

total brainlet here landed an internship about machine learning. how tf do i learn this shit fast? i only know a bit of python(don't actually know how to really program)

>Develop machine learning program to help you machine learn
>???
>Profit

how tf i get to the develop part

How did you get the job?

ping

oh hey you're that fag in the /mkg/ thread

i honestly don't understand why you even got a mkb

start with whatever seems most fun, most useful, and/or most interesting to you

never experienced this, in fact i've never had the catalog update on its own at all. what have you done

alright, i'll find a live cd and check it out, thanks.

advisor recommended it to me. it doesnt require any machine learning experience but some programming help

I can't use youtube-dl with MPC-HC on YouTube videos. Gives me:''token'' parameter not in video info for unknown reason. I have the latest version. How do I fix this?

Guys, I am having some troubles with my PC´s audio.

As you can see in pic related, I have the sound settings maxed out, but the actual sound is coming at 50%

At first I thought my headphones were the problem, but they work fine on my phone.

What can I do?

Attached: why.png (471x347, 16K)

I had this laptop for a number of years so the warranty has expired. What’s the best place to sell it so I can sell it for a good price considering it’s bent and dented?

Attached: A560A468-DD5C-4730-8441-2EC80FEDA957.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Safetynet is googles API for apps to determine if any system files have been modded, bootloader unlockded, root, etc. A lot of bank/payment apps and some games refuse to run if you've done anything to your phone.

UMA