How come nobody's been able to hack money bill readers so that you can just insert a piece of paper in it instead...

How come nobody's been able to hack money bill readers so that you can just insert a piece of paper in it instead? It can't be that hard, considering how it can't even read real paper money easily and you have to reinsert it often.

Attached: dreamstime_xl_30459932-custom.jpg (566x900, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_detector
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just try to print a dollar bill right now.
I'm serious, do it. You'll see.

because it's not easy to do. you would need to make near accurate counterfeits of banknotes for readers to pass them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_detector

>considering how it can't even read real paper money easily and you have to reinsert it often
This is exactly why it would be hard you retard. Is there's even a small problem with the note it is rejected.

what do the bill readers examine when the bill is inserted? the entire bill? just the serial number? the watermarks?

just the person's face on the bill

Because you'll probably get into deep shit for forging currency.

>smart person
>petty crime
pick one

today isn't "international spoon feed the fucking retarded toddler day", you tremendous moron.
read the wikipedia link here you illiterate fucking retard.

PM sent ;)

Because it's easier to hack a piece of paper to make a bill reader think it's real money. Or, you know, hack frozen patties of meat to make people accept them as burgers and give you real money for them, and then put that into the bill reader.

You can get around that by printing it in two passes.

Many currencies worldwide use this constellation pattern on their bills. There are probably other secret patterns the cameras in bill readers look for too. One minor defect and the bill reader will spit it out.

Attached: EURion_twenty.jpg (971x1331, 552K)

Problem is that printers are fucking niggers and will refuse printing this shit.
I promise, if I will find HP inkjet printer in trash (people here throw them away, when ink ends), I will make free firmware, so you can print moneys.

if you are going to steal from a vending machine why go through all the trouble of counterfeiting money (which will get you investigated by the secret service) and thrown in federal prison, versus just kicking the damn thing in and taking what you want (pretty theft and property damage)

see
when I experimented with counterfeiting it took like 15 minutes to learn how to get around the digital protections effectively.

It depends on printer. You need like 00's printer, since they are pretty stupid and they will actually print it, while modern cheap HP printers feature pretty complex CPU and stuff.

Sure, you can print in two parts, but printers are made in such way they actually shift shrink/enlarges/move image half a millimeter every time it prints on purpose. This was pretty noticeable when I tried making 2 layer PCB...

It is far easier to fool humans with counterfeits than machines. Go into your wallet if you have a bunch of bills of the same denomination and inspect them carefully. You'll be shocked at the amount of fakes circulating.

what really? how do they know? got a pic i can test with?

I was using a HP inkjet from 2010. Like I said, you separate it into two passed.

>not using the extended bill trick to pull your dollar out after the machine accepts it

I wipe out soda/snack machines locally doing this in 5 minutes and load up a cooler/backpack with free goodies

Attached: billpull.jpg (1202x727, 149K)

why

that only works with fucking 20 year old machines. No modern machine still accepts that

Because
A) Dollarinos are not printed on paper, they're printed on cloth
B) They're full of all kinds of inner-woven security markings these scanners check for
C) ur a dum dum

Try a bill that uses the "EURion constellation". That is one of the most well known anti-counterfeit measures bills will use.
This was years ago (back when I still used a color inkjet printer) but I was able to scan and print a $5 USD bill with no problems. It was with an Epson multifunction I believe.

This is true, it works on machines that are pre-1995 but doesn't work on any of the actual modern machines at all.

wait so i have to scam my own bill? theres no super high res scam version i can use or anything? my moneys plastic so a cool digital counterfeit measure is passing a laser through a clear section

There millions of 20 year old machines still in operation

I mean, you could probably find a high res scan of a bill online. I was just suggesting to look for one that uses the constellation pattern if you want to test if your printer can detect it.

holy shit this is genius

ok i just tried with a few currencies i had laying around on my epson. aus and hongkong print just fine both sides. euros print a bit then print "rulesofuse.com" . creepy

So aside from the physical aspect (eg. aus currency is plastic & merkin dollaryoos are cloth) what isi it apart from firmware that will stop a modern printer from printing passable 1:1 bills?

Asking for a frend.

Attached: free-to-use-sounds-1530855-unsplash.jpg (4240x2832, 2.49M)

actually from the link i read (what it printed instead of the euro) its determined by local legislation regarding the bill. australias rule, like every law here is basically "yeah nah you can print it but dont be a * about it" seriously our whole law system is so non defined. on the actual printer im guessing it detects the counterfeit measures. hongkong cash is paper and theyre not part of the rules dude club.

also yeah default settings peint 1:1

Attached: 20190614_071039.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

Howdy fellow Auscunt -
>like every law here is basically "yeah nah you can print it but dont be a * about it"

Literally the "Phone it in" of international legislators....

My work has translucent plastic that we print designs on..
Pineapples incoming (can't remember where I read it but it's better print mid-high note rather than Mawsons as people are more likely to check the higher notes)

>inb4 Hi ASD!

My friend's father used to buy counterfeit notes in the '90s and use them for everything.
One day he decided to use one in a photo booth like pic related and when whoever managed it found out they called the police and gave them the note, the exact time, and 4 well-lit front-facing pictures of the guy's face.
It took them less than a week to find him, and he's still in prison today more than 20 years later.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 194 × 259 pixels).jpg (194x259, 8K)

>using fake notes in places with 1000 cameras
well, kinda his fault
I know you can't completely avoid cameras, but seriously? lmao didn't think that over

It's entirely his fault.
The first rule of committing any crime is to not let the victims or the police trace it back to you (so staying away from cameras is a must) but he committed a crime in a place where the only thing you do is to take a clear picture of your face.
I can't think of a dumber crime than this desu.

ye, it's easy to think of how you would get caught too
it's a machine designed to snap images right after you pay

based on the stack of money, you could go back and see who paid for it

the oporto in the city has a huge sign saying no $50s cause of counterfeiting. i think most scammers now just do the manual eftpos scam. happened at work to a casual, bunch of somalian niggers. i nearly took that sale off him as well for the commision

>No one said about stop that Jamal/Tyrone or any variations of it
So forging money is white man's crime huh.

Could he claimed innocence about it? Like pretending he didn't know about that money is counterfeit?

But shit will get misaligned, since they add 1/4 or so mm jitter.
I think custom firmware can fix it,since you would be able to print with lowest speed, and you can add couple optical sensors and maybe a camera.

>forging money is white man's crime
Yes. It kinda requires intelligence, creativity, and a keen eye.

By the way, counterfeits are way cooler, than real money. Sometimes I think they unironically hire people who used to counterfeit to draw new designs and such.

>bunch of somalian niggers
"Somali Australians" thanks cunt!

Attached: alwayslose.jpg (660x371, 65K)

>paying for worthless pieces of paper while providing the authorities with photo evidence....

>using counterfeit money in a machine whose purpose is to take a photo of your face for use in official ID
what was he thinking?

one thing that surprises me a bit is that the machine knows what time each note was entered, guess it's all kept in a neat pile

>4 well-lit front-facing pictures of the guy's face.
not just that, the photos are most likely the exact photos used on his passport, since that's what the machine is designed to create

LMAO at the dumb niggers in this thread talking about counterfeiting, you'll get v&nned before you print $500 you stupid fuckwits

Attached: jb.jpg (620x302, 50K)

there's no harm in talking about the subject
if someone is dumb enough to actually try it, then that's on them

despite being 0.02 percent of the population (literally 6000 people) they are responsible for 100% of machette carjackings. i just thought that was a dandy fact

Merkin 1st amendment thinking Trannies & Gentilemen...

Coming to a home invasion near you soon!

Some of you have major comprehension issues. OP wasn't asking about creating fake money. He was asking about hacking bill readers so that you don't even have to counterfeit money - all you have to do is insert a blank piece of paper and make reader think it's real dollaroos

>it's not counterfeit money
>it's something which is not real money that can be used to fool something into believing it's real money
also known as counterfeit money

>inkjet
>counterfeiting anything

at best they're good to print uv related shit, with uv ink