>Install Plex Media Player on same machine
>Take laptop on RV trip
>Still requires internet to play local media

Shit software thread?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

localhost:8096
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more like shit computer user. you did something wrong apparently. sucks to be you

-t shit plex developer

Media keeps playing fine, even playing subsequent episodes, theres just a big ass NO INTERNET CONNECTION pop up covering the screen and you can't do anything but reconnect or end the process.

did you try connecting to the internet. that sounds like it will solve the problem

Plex connects to Plex's servers. The whole point is that you leave a server at home turned on, then you take your laptop on the RV trip wtih the player.

>can't self host a podcast
>you have to go through their direct podcasting catalogue
Plex was invented so you could play your pirated content and I dont want to pay for some gay ass patreon. Why can't I play self-hosted podcast files?

No, adding it as a music library doesn't work like it should.

Attached: image.jpg (421x421, 189K)

are you retarded?

>proprietary software
Found your problem OP. Next time try using something they respects your freedoms.

But I need a constant connection with a big data plan to stream media.

>what is cmus
>what is mpd

>using Plex
You fucked up. Should have used Emby while you wait for Jellyfin to get up to par.

Jellyfin is already good to go.

Plex has been beyond dogshit for well over a year now how people still recommend it is beyond me.

>run plex server on different subnet than player
>have to go through the internet
Plex is for literal retards

Lmao this slayed me

Is this the Jow Forums approved alternative to Plex? I have Plex and I am willing to change.

>Still requires Internet to play local media
Why are you using Plex to play local media?

I use OSMC and enabled UpNp so I can access the files from any device in my home. It doubles as a media center and server, plus it's open-source. I am looking at Jellyfin in the future though, because it seems promising.

kek

I've been using Plex for years and it works really well because I understand what its purpose is. It's great to have when I'm traveling for work and for sharing my library with family and friends.
The only thing holding me back is my shitty upload speed and under powered server.

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-094751.jpg (1080x1920, 1.2M)

Is plex just basically SMB network drive for anime but wireless? i don't really why people actually need one, im always home and just use SMB to watch anime on my big tv

>anime on your server
yikes

Attached: c7d42f4e4f149f2c88448142a14cd602.jpg (1920x881, 1.21M)

>tons of capeshit
>ripping on anime
Consider going back

>im always home
I'm not. I also like that it keeps track of what I watch.
You know that you can group movies into a single "folder" now. Makes it heaps cleaner.

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-101657.jpg (1080x2638, 1.41M)

that's all you can see bc it's sorted by bitrate

>plex server on a laptop
you're doing this wrong

Attached: mkay.png (486x882, 33K)

doesnt kodi do this as well?

Plex is a botnet. Pretty soon, people who use it will get DMCA notices once the MPAA subpoenas their user list.

weak bait

Show me your plex API key then faggot.

not sure, but here are the options for plex, ascending and descending for both

Attached: cf4880cd12012b94eb8004f96bfd35a8.png (171x398, 8K)

>plex looks neat decide to try it out
>doesn't pick up any of my shows unless I name it exactly the way it wants
I'm not renaming a terabyte of shit and restructuring my folders for this pile of crap. I'll just plug my laptop into the fucking TV.
>bonus: doesn't require an internet connection

lmao that sucks user. yes plex wants its shows named like "SXXEXX" or it has a bitch fit, I got like 6tb of TV properly named so plex picks it up, my OCD won't allow missing movie plaques in the collection.

Anybody have any alternative programs they recommend where I can stream podcast files from my PC to my iphone?

dlna?

I am trying this Jellyfin and so far it's even better than plex, for example, the videos load much faster

seems like maybe an unfair test, did you have hardware decodes enabled on both softwares? does Jellyfin allow for streaming your content over the internet?

use KODI and a NAS. Forward a port on your router to your NAS and have your own media server. Kodi plays everything and has fantastic scrapers for content.

Does sync never work on the iPhone for anybody else

i just use my brothers old computer with a 1050ti GPU, much better than paying for some faggot synology NAS that costs $550

why would you need 20mbps files for capeshit? to see how bad the cgi is?

definition: A NAS unit is a computer connected to a network that provides only file-based data storage services to other devices on the network. I never said it was a specific consumer product. In fact, making your own NAS from components is probably the best way to go about it.

In case someone else wants jellyfin, have some docker-compose:
version: "3"
services:
jellyfin:
image: jellyfin/jellyfin
network_mode: "host"
volumes:
- /path/to/config:/config
- /path/to/cache:/cache
- /path/to/media:/media

Runs on localhost:8096

simply put because the whole MCU was in one download which made simpler than individuals. Try not being poor 20mbps files aren't even that good

>20mbps files aren't even that good
that's practically blu ray quality idiot.

>accepting shit source quality garbage rips
it's 2019 dude

(cont'd)
BTW /media isn't significant, you could also use /media/waifus or /waifus.

Either way you'll be configuring them as library folders to be searched in Jellyfin anyhow.

>he doesn't use jellyfin + kodi

OOOOOF

feels like im talking to a robot

oh shit he noticed,
gotta tweak my AI.
is this better?

I use plex all the time when the internet is out. Did you log in with internet before leaving or restarting plex?

get fucked

Attached: fukkuyuu.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

At least have good taste before posting a screenshot

It's like my own personal Netflix, even has a dedicated app for smart TVs so you're not fucking around with a computer

look out we got a badass over here.
The most anime shit I ever watched was what they forced me to watch on adult swim when they decided "okay the funny shit is over it's time for toonami" naruto and inuyusha, not my bag i guess

I download anime for other people.

Sure you do. You have shitty taste just like 99% of this website

That is fine.

check out my normie tier stuff

Attached: 85921ef6124422f08a0c2709dec88507.jpg (1648x961, 1.25M)

in this situation I just point to the ip address of the plex server and it seems to work out for me.

t. non-faggot

werks on my machine

Attached: 20180716_223442.jpg (5312x2988, 1.17M)

100 episodes of canadas worst driver lmao
thats how you get numbers like this

Attached: 345b7b81b335726ec59973e48636822a.jpg (1857x881, 939K)

y'all just reminded me i wanted to put terry davis archive on my server to last the test of time

comfy

Attached: 8aa0c94d3cf2006d7c637647e59e8332.jpg (1551x763, 858K)

i got the chris chan video collection.

Linux

>too stupid to do ip whitelisting for local access in settings

lol retard

>3rd rock from the sun
now there's a name i haven't heard for fucking ages

>everybody hates chris
>ben 10
based

Better than most anime ever made

i just run my own personal internet on 127.0.0.0/8 and host stuff on that

Based & GNUpilled

you fucking retard, that's not how plex works. please media server is installed on the machine with all the movies. plex media player isn't even necessary. before you leave the house, make sure your server is reachable. then as long as you have connectivity somewhere, you'll be able to connect to your plex server and play shit. fucking retard.

yes. that's the whole point of plex. to stream media from your server. didn't you read anything before installing? fucking useless.

>Not just using nextcloud instead
Found the cuck

you're just as retarded as op. when setting up your library, set it as other videos. just to be sure, go into settings, then agents, and make sure you're using the personal media and local media assets agents. just fucking search next time. jesus fuck.

lol so many retards on this board

bet cunts think you have to pay for plex pass too

Why the fuck would you not just use Kodi at that point?

because kodi sucks?

Attached: file.png (526x700, 470K)

It relies on emby not to fuck them because right now Jellyfin has no apps or its own Kodi integration
It's looking very promising, but it's not ready for primetime yet