/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards upgraded to one higher card tier: e.g., the 2060 SUPER will perform like a 2070 at the old 2060's price point. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

Previous:

Attached: the_end.png (1920x1080, 993K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/lg-ultragear-nano-ips-gaming-monitors-38gl950g-27gl850,39635.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/VY3FQZ
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/)
amazon.com/dp/B07NBM6KYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HnTaDbJTDGF61
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nixeus_nx-edg27s_v2.htm
pcpartpicker.com/list/ygFtP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/CzHhV6
pcpartpicker.com/user/moggerton565/saved/KHRFGX
pcpartpicker.com/user/moggerton565/saved/CF4Nqs
pcpartpicker.com/list/nmZR29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Repost:

these monitors gonna save the shitty gaming monitor market or what??

tomshardware.com/news/lg-ultragear-nano-ips-gaming-monitors-38gl950g-27gl850,39635.html

Attached: 1560457276061[1].jpg (4496x2500, 941K)

>how budget do you want to go because an APU seems like the best choice here

An APU would serve me fine in 95% of cases, but I'm not quite at the point where I'm willing to give up on gaming altogether, and afaik APUs are not good enough for that, yet.

The thing is I have the money, I just don't want to spend it on hardware I'm not going to take full advantage of.

I don't think I have any standards other than the games should be playable, and not run terribly. I hardly ever play games anymore anyway, I just hate the idea of something new coming out and not having the ability to check it out.

I've seen the benchmarks, they certainly look very impressive, it's just that for the things I do right now a 2600 would suit me fine, but who knows what's two years down the road.

Also I like how these threads say that you should plan your build around a monitor, but noone ever lists the best monitors like they do the best GPUs/CPUs. Fuck you guys I'm going to do it

1080p (only if you're super fucking poor and don't care about ruining your eyes)
>ASUS VG279Q IPS
>ViewSonic Elite XG240R TN

1440p (patricians choice. best quality for the best price)
>Aorus AD27QD IPS
>ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ IPS
>Dell S2719DGF TN
>Nixeus EDGv2 27 IPS

>you'll never attain consistent 144 frames so what's the point???

Attached: 1480265780861.jpg (641x556, 52K)

>no one ever lists the best monitors
It's because there's so many monitor options, and none of them are amazing. It's a pick your poison situation

It's just because all current monitors are shit.

Super RTX sounds better, but Nvidia likes the car name sounding shit so I'm pretty sure it'll be RTX 2060 Super

I don't have any uneven backlighting on my IPS. It's not a problem of the panels themselves.
I'm not a fan of local dimming. I don't think 400 zones or whatever is enough, at all. It needs to be PER PIXEL or it'll still look shit when you have something really dark directly next to something really bright.

1080p is indeed the new 720p. But it's not worth having in the OP.

>It needs to be PER PIXEL
Correct, aka OLED or mLED

is it worth upgrading my 1070 to a 2070 at 1080p?

no. pick a monitor from this list

No

Nah, you're fine. RX 5700 and it's XT counterpart are looking nice though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/VY3FQZ
anything worth upgrading?

Not really

Maybe to the 2070 Super or 5700 XT if price drops. But they'd also be overkill for most titles at 1080p and are more 1440p cards.

Yeah now mLED is very very promising.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/VY3FQZ
Better cooler and better GPU. Never should have gotten that cooler to begin with.
SSDs are really crap. Why even have a HDD at all?

any recommendations for an nvme? 1TB should suffice

Oh man, I just used my brother's 45" 4k tv as a monitor for 30 minutes and it was amazing but a bit too big, going back to my 25" or whatever monitor in 1080p now seems like a massive downgrade

The thing is though, where I have my PC set up is basically an alcove in my room which is really fucking comfy. It's a loft so the slanted bit of the room you can't really do anything with but I had the big brain idea of squeezing my PC into it and it's the best thing ever, it's basically hidden away and feels really nice and private so i'd still like to use it as my PC space. Sitting as close as I did made the film grain really obvious when I watched 2 minutes of of a coloured film but I watched a black and white one and it was amazing, if I mount it I think I can remove that problem though.

>tl;dr i'm getting a 4k tv as a monitor

>Buy the Asrock Deskmini
>Have the small glimmer of hope that I can shove and RAID two 15mm 2.5" drives into it
>nope.jpeg
>The only HDD's that fit only only go up to 2TB
>And are slow as shit to boot

Beyond getting a proper external drive, what are my options?

If you have a Micro Center near you, the Inland 1TB premiums are a fucking steal.

Just make sure to avoid their Professional and SATA drives

You can get a 32 inch 4K monitor for cheap like $250

sure, but man having that massive screen felt so fucking good although my eyes feel like they're bleeding now because it was so bright

anyone here ever RMA a part from china before? how annoying is the process?

Just remember, buying a x570 board is really stupid. Just get a X470 for zen2.

so i sampled a 240hz monitor for a week

Worth if you're planning on keeping the platform for a long time

Both times I had warranty replacements from China they just verified the fault via email then shipped a new one, I didn't have to send anything back. They were relatively low value items though.

how important is freesync if I don't play competitive games (except for WoW classic when it drops), will I need it for souls games and stuff?

>will I need it for souls games and stuff
Those badly made jap ports that barely get over 60fps on extreme hardware are exactly what adaptive sync is good for, yes.

>It's because there's so many monitor options, and none of them are amazing.

You're right there are tons of options, but only about 10-15 of them are passable. Everyone here should skip the VA panels because of longer response times so that really limits the number of monitors too.

x470 likely won't be support, at least not well, for Ryzen 4000 series. 5000 series could even be AM4 supported as AMD doesn't want to change socket unless forced to.
So far it doesn't look like they'll be forced to. DDR5 is the same pin count as DDR4.

If you just play at a locked 60hz, it doesn't matter. With a higher refresh rate monitor, it matters.
Getting 60-90fps up and down on WoW is going to look like shit on a 144hz non-sync monitor.

I am confused, I have a RTX Zotac 2060 and I am playing Kingdom Come Deliverance at ultra high settings on 1080p ultrawide and I am getting as low as fps at the stsrter village and averaging around 40. Literally just running around

I have an intel i7 3770
8fb of ram
Intel motherboard.

Should I return my card?

>x470 likely won't be support, at least not well, for Ryzen 4000 series.
Based on what info, exactly?

>i7 3770
oh no no no no

>I have an intel i7 3770
The GPU isn't the problem

any downsides to locking it to 60hz?

Old CPU, that’s your problem

I haven't bought a new case in a long time.

So I have a look what's on the market, and every case is some ridiculous RGB clown fiesta and apparently people have decided that letting air into your case is bad so they decided to close the front, because why not?

What decent, at least somewhat affordable cases are out there that are functional, have decent airflow and don't look like they belong to a 16 year old kid that loves Fortnite? Right now I am leaning towards the Meshify C, any decent alternatives?

Attached: wtf_is_going_on.jpg (700x700, 70K)

meshify c blackout

>Meshify C
That one.

are the builds linked in the OP (pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/) still relevant in terms of products that are currently available or are they outdated a bit?
I tried to make my own parts list but got btfo

Wait 3 weeks.

Alright, thanks. I guess there aren't many alternatives out there these days. O tempora, o mores.

what's the best bang for buck build configuration for someone wanting to make their own render farm?

outdated but not much will change outside of people telling you to get a 3600 and 3200cl14 ram

Is there a good mATX that will support an r7 3800x? I don't care about pcie4.

Better get itx instead like B450I Gaming PLus, better vrm than any matx board.

Fractal Design is the best case maker but I prefer the Define C TG or Define Mini C TG.
Affordable, looks great, has tempered glass and it doesn't have that stupid mesh polygon design that the Meshify has.

Attached: tg.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

i like my meshify c, if youre in wa ill sell you mine cheap though. has an intel i9 sticker on it

VIOTEK GFT27DB 27-Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor with Speakers, 1440p 144Hz 1ms, FreeSync & Works w/G-SYNC, TN Panel 115% sRGB, DP HDMIx3 VESA amazon.com/dp/B07NBM6KYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HnTaDbJTDGF61

Is this a good monitor for 1440p gayming?
Alot of reviewers have said the colors are better than the average tn panel, tho the stand and speaker quality are trash. For the price it seems like a fair cop.
I've considered the nixeus edge v2 but it takes almost 3 weeks to ship in the US it's crazy. Is this monitor decent or is the edge worth waiting for?

yah except tn. if youre pro you wont get 1440p, get an ips version. i went back to tn for a bit and i coulsnt stand it

I'm afraid I'm on a different continent, but thanks.

viotek is literally chink shit

buy one of these

I only play like two multiplayer games so I guess IPS would be a better choice for the sweet colors. I just cannot stand motion blur so VA is out of the question.

That 300 series only has "beta support" for ryzen 3000 series.
I think AMD stated that only "one series ahead" is guaranteed to be well supported and the rest is up to board partners.

Because 300 series are often extremely similar to 400 series and can use roughly the same BIOS, they did get largely as supported s well as 400 series this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ryzen 4000 requires a 500 series board or better.

No they are trolling trash made by who a guy who keeps evading a permaban.
They were bad builds even 5 months ago.

There are some x570 mATX this time around.

Personally, I'd never use TN. But some people don't care about 5% of the picture being non-visible, colors washed out, etc, because it has sharper motion clarity.

Get the Nixeus edge v2 imo. That's a good one at a good price and their warranty service is one of the best (though... that's relative to how shitty the others is)

ASUS is also coming out with a new VA which has antiblur which works together with Freesync. Shit's gonna be $600+ though I think.

if they're bad and outdated do you have any suggestions on what I should do?
like I said I tried making a list on my own but apparently it wasn't very good

Repost:
I'm looking for a case that will fit 4 480mm radiators or maybe even 4 560mm radiators. And 4 reservoirs. Where do I get a case like that?

>Get the Nixeus edge v2 he says
>tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nixeus_nx-edg27s_v2.htm
>9ms response time
>kek

eu? could ship there cheap through work

Is failing memory sockets a sign of a dying mobo, or is there some way that i can jerryrig this?

I hope the 3950X will cost like 599€ when it releases

That's not awful, most of the tn panels I've seen advertise 1ms but the real time input delay is more like 5 or 6. Do you have any recommendations?

Build it yourself tbqh

pcpartpicker.com/list/ygFtP3
sub-2k$ gaming
looking for suggestions on
>cooler
>GPU, incl. upcoming releases
>144hz monitor with gsync/freesync to pair with card

RAM probably isn't worth it over 3200CL16
Gsync is pointless now that Nvidia cards can use Freesync
Check out the ASUS Tuf monitors coming out, and in general decide whether you want TN, IPS, or VA

Probably

Obviously something like
>a guy who keeps evading a permaban
is a false designed to distract anons from the fact that he was one who got banned because his anti-Intel/Nvidia pro-AMD shilling was too racist

He'll try to sell you some mediocre at best hardware like a Vega 56

Attached: sitewide b&.png (1662x816, 225K)

Vega 56 is not mediocre.

fellas when is 7/7?
How come it's so fucking far away

Attached: 1549313324898.jpg (375x592, 41K)

>Gsync is pointless now that Nvidia cards can use Freesync
It's arguably better than VRR tho

what aftermarket air cooler will fit on pic related without a bunch of bracket niggardy?
>ROG Strix B350-F

Attached: file.png (640x480, 321K)

I need help figuring out a case for my upcoming build.
I plan to run a 3700X/3800X + RX 5000XT or equivalent along with these components:
pcpartpicker.com/list/CzHhV6
Monitor is somewhat of a place holder. I just want 27", 1440p and at least 75hz refresh rate.

I don't care about RGB or anything flashy. It will be for daily use with heavy multitasking and some and some gaming. Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Attached: bruh.jpg (736x467, 70K)

pcpartpicker.com/user/moggerton565/saved/KHRFGX

Building PC for a friend, restricted to using socket 1151 because we're using a spare motherboard I have, which also restricts us to the i7-7700k. Looking for ways to reduce cost as much as possible.

>because we're using a spare motherboard I have
You'd be far better off selling the mobo and buying a new platform. No way in hell a 4 core i7 is worth over 350 when you can get a 6 core i7 for cheaper

I'm getting ready for Zen 2 and going to replace my shit clockspeed RAM with some 3200mhz, is it time to move to 32GB of RAM?

Do you currently go over 16GB?
That's such an easy question to answer jesus. but only with the information you know and thought not to share arbitrarily. if you did share that info you'd realize you don't need to ask at all and can answer it yoruself

>pcpartpicker.com/user/moggerton565/saved/KHRFGX
Sell the board and get something that's not complete shit?

stop screenshotting your own false-flag post. I've never had more than a 30min ban and that was only for mimicing doing the same thing you got banned then permabanned for.
You literally ban evaded to make that post to begin with.

wat? Why would it be cheaper in europoorland with your taxes than in the US? lmao

uhh on a 60hz monitor? Latency. triple buffered vsync can add over 100ms of latency. Freesync is typically

What are the odds of the independent reviews showing that Intel is actually the better option over Ryzen come July?

>boot up windows after months of disuse
>windows allocates half my RAM to hardware for no reason
>tons of people with the same issue say to check memory remapping in BIOS, no such option
>the fix was to power on the desk top with one RAM module, then the other, then both at one
Can somebody explain my brainlet ass why this voodoo "turn it off and on" fix made windows stop reserving half my RAM for hardware use?

CIAniggers using the computer as part of their server farm for whatever BlackOp they were running that day

The worst thing is that with the amount of windows updates I was forced to sit through something along those lines might just have happened.

Attached: 1528862950358.png (1020x292, 21K)

>Do you currently go over 16GB?
Close, but Amazon jews just threw me a deal to get 32GB 3200mhz CL16 RAM for $135 so I'm going for it

Hello mass-reply-kun, sort of in line with this user's question What case would you recommend with cooling in mind (kraken x72 / 360MM AIO compatibility). Had a decent experience with an h440 + kraken x62. But this time around i've been looking at the define r6.

Who the fuck knows. Doubtful that it'll be the definitive better option.

>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
AFAIK the 1600 is said to be only 10-15% slower, and I got mine for $74. Did the 2600 have that many improvements to justify the price gap? (~$140 -> $74)

revised pcpartpicker.com/user/moggerton565/saved/CF4Nqs

>I've never had more than a 30min ban and that was only for mimicing
I don't mimic (because I don't need to; I can make my points without pretending to be multiple people unlike you) and also unlike you I've never been banned from Jow Forums

Not very high, especially considering all factors like cost, TDP, and upgrade path

I don't know anything about 360mm supoprt cases. I'd rather go 280mm.

>buying Intel in 2019
Have you been cut off from society and the news for like the past 3 months?
PSU is overkill. But besides those things, it's fine.
Oh that cooler is massively overpriced, too.

It’s a good idea to wait till July to see what nvidia releases, isn’t it?

Also how’s this build ? pcpartpicker.com/list/nmZR29

>buying Intel in 2019
Not that user, but isn't Intel still going to have a very slight lead in gaymen do to the faster single core?

Yeah

Attached: 1560205086482.png (2470x1265, 1.63M)

next console gen is probably going to change that considering both are using custom Zens.

none of those even have blue light filters you absolute pleb, you want fucked up astigmatisms.

What do you think will be the go-to GPU in the $300-400 price range next year? RX 5700 or RTX 2060 Super?

wow who cares

No. AMD did the tests without the scheduler update, and without security patches enabled on Intel.

Also even if the 9900ks was, lets say, 3% better in pure gaming as long as you don't count Kingdom Come Deliverence and games which actually use over 8 cores, is it worth it having half the perf/watt, all the security issues, worse platform, etc? No.

I think they'll be even and it'll be down to preference or which is on a better sale.

not sure if this is the place for it but i have a CPU question. I have a R3 1200 but i want to upgrade to a R5 2600x. my MB is a b350m gaming pro. are there any issues ill have if i just install the processor. I read somewhere that I might have to do a BIOS if it isnt compatible but idk if it is.

Update the bios before and it should work

So updating the bios won't mess with any of the hardware i have already? Sorry im new to pc building and dont want to brick my system.

Correct

If Nvidia prices a 2060 Super with 2070 perf at 350 then obviously that, but if AMD drops the 5700 price as well it might be down to preference, like the AMD fag above says

Wtf where are my $200-300 price points?