REMINDER: Linux does not respect your freedoms

Software components with no available source code are called binary blobs and, as such, are mostly used for proprietary firmware images in the Linux kernel. While generally redistributable, binary blobs do not give the user the freedom to audit, modify or, consequently, redistribute their modified versions.

Use Linux-libre until Hurd arrives.

Also, the distro you are using likely does not support basic software freedom. gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html

Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Gentoo, Mint, whatever faggot shit you're using ALL BTFO

SAY NO TO WHITE MAN SLAVERY.

Attached: 1046817-poorly-dead-penguin-at-Bells-Beach-0.jpg (600x450, 61K)

>until Hurd arrives

Attached: B39ybCoIMAAZgwG.jpg (298x403, 38K)

The alternative is not having any drivers

based freedo poster

Attached: freedo.png (260x280, 23K)

>using software that literally can only make your hardware be able to communicate with the kernel and can't be run in the operative system context hurts your freedom, rather don't use your hardware

stop posting dead penguins

Attached: 148045686015.jpg (601x689, 167K)

Attached: lelnux_hammer.png (464x471, 3K)

That is correct. When the manufacturer refuses to give you information on how your hardware actually works and instead keeps it contained within an obfuscated binary blob, that does hurt your freedom. I would suggest returning or selling that freedom-removing hardware.

Not my fault that freetards are too incompetent to support things that Windows has supported for years.

fuck off freetard.
all this retarded troll thread is shit kill yourself

It's not the duty of the kernel developers to reverse engineer hardware when the manufacturer refuses to support any OS besides windows and refuses to provide spec documents. Although that has been done before, it should not be relied on.

>freetard
Is this supposed to be an insult? Why are you so proud of having lost your freedom and human rights?

there's a difference between firmware and actual software idiot.
Your kind is autistically retarded to not understand this.
Gentoo with proprietary codecs and firmware blobs it's more freedom than your stupidass binary distribution with unbuildable packages

>Gentoo with proprietary codecs and firmware blobs it's more freedom than your stupidass binary distribution with unbuildable packages
All FSF approved distros are self-hosting.

Any firmware which can be updated by the user and does not provide source code is a risk to the user's security and freedom. This becomes an even bigger problem when the manufacturer ends support for the device and refuses to ship any more firmware updates, and you are stuck with a buggy device loaded with security holes. Your kind is too short-sighted to realize this.
>binary distribution with unbuildable packages
apt-get source

you're brainwashed, nobody cares about your autism

Ok then user, I'll humor you, how were you able to fix firmware bugs in your old devices without having the source code? I'll assume you also have a set of strategies for detecting and removing rootkits in all boot ROMs made in the last 30 years?

I do use linux-libre with a FSF-approved GNU/Linux distribution on my librebooted thinkpad.
I do say yes to white man slavery as I am not one though.

this guy knows whats up.

FREEDOM!

No thanks. I enjoy having wifi.

take your curry nigger ass the fuck out of here this is america

REMINDER: You autistically focus on binary blobs while people trying to promote transparency in your government are brutally murdered and sometimes cut into pieces.

BSD discord trannies S E E T H I N G

This man drained the swamp in Washington and has yet to be murdered or cut to pieces for it.

Attached: orangeman.jpg (1024x683, 92K)

It is not physically possible for people with a high need for privacy (e.g. doctors, lawyers, business executives, journalists) to evade surveillance without having deblobbed devices. There is no other way to ensure that backdoors are never inserted.

>Trump
>Draining the swamp
Trump IS the swamp, though

stock debian is free as fuck, they're just not allowed into the fsf's little club because they have a non-gnu repo (that you have to add manually) and firmware-included isos (buried so deep in the site that you Jow Forums losers still miss it and constantly whine about intel wi-fi)

debian is shit and it's maintainers don't respect your software freedoms

Hurd will never happen, just use Linux-libre and call it a day.

My atheros wifi and nvidia gpu work great with free drivers.

>non-gnu
*non-free
>stock debian is free as fuck, they're just not allowed into the fsf's little club
The FSF is just worried about someone mistakenly enabling the repo or downloading the iso on Debian, they're not actively against it.
That's why all the approved distros are retard-proof when it comes to freedom.