Is Cybersecurity the best career for getting rich?

>bcit.ca/study/programs/5265dipma

Will this diploma be worth it if I want to achieve a decent career so I can spend some of my wages on magic internet coins to become a billionaire? I know IQ is a meme but I took an official IQ test administered by a psychiatrist and got 125. Do I have potential to even get gud at cybersecurity? I was never really interested in computers in the past but I was always interested in pure math however getting a 4 year math degree in today's job market sounds horrible unless you're a 150 IQ genius

Attached: 571.png (658x901, 81K)

Attached: 1558242090256s.jpg (205x246, 6K)

Please help, anons

Attached: 1558237776012.jpg (793x786, 54K)

get a 4 year in CS, call it a day

get into finance

How? With an accounting degree?
Seems oversaturated

No it isn't and please fuck off. There are enough retards I have to deal with day to day in this field as is, if cybersec becomes the next meme field to study I will retire on the spot.

accounting, business, economy, mathematics, computer science

It's a meme field, all you need to be able to do is bullshit with executives who don't know anything about cyber security. Can you use an out of the box solution to block Facebook at your company? Congrats, you're hired.

It already is the next meme field. NEETs are already shilling cybersecurity diplomas and how it saved them from eternal NEETdom

Attached: 1558298347225.png (241x209, 3K)

Renting your time is not a good way to get rich, period.

IQ is not what you need, most billionaires are just the offspring of people with some to some hundred million dollars in investment.

Of course there's the odd nobody exploited the shit out of the USA, China etc or who lucked out with investors going insane (eg Microsoft dropping over 2bn on fucking Minecraft). But they're basically lottery winners bigger than the birth lottery winners.

idk depends on where you live, 2 year cs degrees from my local cc have a 60% hiring rate after the first year with an average salary of $60k a year. Friend of mine was offered a job before he finished his 4 year cs degree and started with 70k a year and 10k bonus.

the secret of cyber security is RTFM

All of them.

>Cybersecurity
There's no such thing. There's only chaos and evolution.

A normie could succeed at all of these. Autists should probably stick to cs and ce

normies can't succeed at math

This, but this is what tech/computers has been for decades, my dude.

btw by cs do you mean comp sci or cyber security

why is the froggy crying i feel so sad :(

I work as a penetration tester. Most of the people in this industry are absolute retards. They read other people's blog posts, copy their work, and run automated tools they find from Twitter.

You'll be fine. Learn to program in Python reasonably well and you're already better than 75% of the industry.

I mean smart and hardworking normies.

Is a diploma good enough in cyber security?

Careers aren't for getting rich. Their primary purpose is for making connections and financing side projects that get you rich.

Most employers still want degrees, although we have several people who don't even have degrees in anything related to cyber. One guy was a daytrader.

Learn your shit outside of class and learn to write a good resume to showcase your skills. Degrees won't mean shit in 5 years anyway.

Can you explain some more? Not OP but interesting perspective. If a side project is already gaining more profit than your regular job, then isn't it best to dedicate more of your time and effort towards it and get even more profit? Wouldn't work with things that have poor scaling capabilities or things that aren't stable long term though.

What 's a good choice for antisocial but high IQ autists then?

So then if you can land your first job with just a diploma then you won't need the degree, right? After that it's just experience?

I also want to know.

If you were smart enough to start it long before you had to wagecuck, sure.
Most people already have a full-time job and want out, hence the need to start building something on your off hours.
>Wouldn't work with things that have poor scaling capabilities or things that aren't stable long term though.
Depends on what you're trying to do.
You could start a subscription service or ecommerce business if you want regular income.
Or you could invest your time into learning art and go full-time into that. The entertainment industry is massive and there's always a niche to fill, as well as numerous platforms which facilitate earning profits off your work.

I guess, probably not a smart move though.

Consider if the job doesn't pan out and now your shit out of luck with no experience or degree.

Thanks for your insight, user.

bump for interest

you might graduate in that degree with honors but you will probably still be a faggot. use it as a wedge to the community if you really care about infosec. sure the field is inflated and you can float in but just for the money is not a good approach.

>71413204
bump

pentester here, so can only speak from a technical perspective.
cybersec is a very broad field, and its currently full of absolute retards. if you're ready to live the life, have a passion for hacking things, and have a good understanding of IT in general, it might be for you.

don't get into it for the money, as i'm sure you can earn the same doing a lot less. whilst a lot of companies will tell you they want candidates with a degree or some other shill shit, if you can demonstrate your skills (most will put you through a technical assessment), you'll be fine. my recommendation would be to self study, practice in online labs, and aim for getting your oscp.

Cyber security looks so shit to me, you either have to do some braindead nigger IQ certs like CEH+ or have four fucking years of work experience to get something like CISSP

Being an autist is a career aswell

What is your salary? A friend of mine told me that a friend of his worked as a pentester and her salary was really bad (Germoney).
I'm thinking about applying for a IT-Sec company as someone that can work in forensics and slowly increase my skills in pentesting.

You don't get rich from a salary, you get rich from owning a company.

Hello fellow Vancouver user. Are you another chink?

you don't own a company without experience. Best way to get experience is to work in the industry on a salary.

or you could not be a scrub and do the CCIE

Or found and build that company. Combine CS with stats and business and go for data science. Become grillionaire.