/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread:

Attached: 1530134196415.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

p.sicp.me/m9QEg.apl
dotnetfiddle.net/QaTMj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any good female programmers? Did anyone meet one? Is it a myth?

And by female I mean female. Not "female"

First for metaclasses.

Ada

The most competent programmer I've ever worked with is female.

No
Proof: female

You meet her?

Oh... no...

I just went back to university and there are a lot of young female programmers who are very good. The industry will change.

Rate my recursive base to base conversion function. Tips and feedback welcome on making it more efficient.

Attached: 64238018_440731386706957_6209550114671820800_n.png (1920x1080, 143K)

Interesting, must be a place with low standards. Most females are here are only for diversity and the projects are carried by other people.

>recursive
>in a language that does not optimize tail recursion
it is shit.

>n,b
>n1,b1,b2
you should nemae your function parameters better
also please give type annotations

Are there any good ORMs for python that aren't Django? I tried Django but the documentation is atrocious. I just want to write complex select statements and the occasional insert without actually writing any SQL.

If there aren't I might just write it myself

p.sicp.me/m9QEg.apl

What is C# actually good for? I see people shit on it a lot just because microsoft

It's good for wasting CPU cycles, like all interpreted/VM'd/overheadful languages.

C# would have taken over Java had Microsoft not tried to make it Windows exclusive with .NET. Mono was too late and too shit when it was early in dev.

Hang on, just let me load up SCHEME and HASKELL. NOT.

People keep telling me I have poor parameter and variable names, but when I make them more explicit I get told they are too long.

As for type annotations, I think that's a good idea for python.

>Hang on, just let me load up SCHEME and HASKELL. NOT.
or you could optimize your tail recursion yourself and write it in an iterative way pajeet

>You can't actually have a public auto-implemented getter on a private member
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA C# is an utter JOKE!

Attached: 1536063434957.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

nice

Attached: 1543911512161.png (1920x667, 62K)

Is that bad because I'm 100 pages into a begin to code with C# textbook with no previous programming knowledge

If you are new, you won't see these design holes in programming languages so easily. Keep going.

It literally doesn't matter. Most of the people in these threads are elitists from C and Haskell. Ignore them. Programming is more than just a language. It's the thought process, algorithms, and so forth which are largely in part language independent.

>C
Why would I use a slow overheadful language like C?

I'm a C++/Rust elitist though.
I'm trying out C# for Web and Xamarin currently.

static inline is your friend, user

>tfw barely passing all my cs and math courses with 60s
Who /brainlet/ here bros

Attached: 1492718798172.png (487x560, 225K)

Same. I'm doing a CS degree now and it's my 5th degree. My brain is just not wired for math and logic. I worked my ass off this semester studying 7 days a week, all day every day, and barely managed to scrape by.

But I can write a 10000 word short story or a 2k word academic essay in 8 hours...

Attached: 1556310814610.gif (480x270, 2.87M)

you have 4 desgrees? what the fuck why are you still going to school?

>You can't get indexes lists in a foreach loop
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
I cannot believe I got shilled into this.

Attached: 1549755834302.jpg (425x283, 18K)

>60s
>pass

Attached: 1469656490556.png (166x166, 14K)

Degrees are in Business Management, Communication, Creative Writing and Intelligence (Cyber-Terrorism). Want to work in AI/Machine learning and want to get a PhD, so I need to go back. I think this is my 9th year now... also studied Education and IT, which I never finished. I want to branch out into neuro-science/machine behaviour for my masters/PhD, like integrating biological structure and behaviour into machine neural networks.

Attached: 1557066650015.png (389x386, 312K)

>3 bullshit degrees
>1 made up
Okay

Where are you that 60s arent a pass?

Attached: 1560317624120.jpg (2099x3460, 632K)

The phrase is "C's get degrees", not "D's get degrees"

Still a pass

Do american schools really let you pass on a D?

Your overall gpa must be above 2.0 at my college.

Isn't that a C average?

Where should I go to learn programming? Atleast coding that can make games. Been wanting to work up to making a 3d platformer or maybe an RPG. I started learning years ago but due to reasons dropped out of it. Starting to want to learn again. What programs should I use? Any books you can recommend preferably free if possible? What language would you say is best? Thanks.

I think so.

Anything that focuses on data structures and algorithms.

Java is best for beginners. Sepples with Lua works too but that’s more advanced.

i dont get what youre asking for
public string Member { get; private set; }

"I want to learn how to drive, should I use a Ford or a Chevy?"
t. you

isn't that sort of think what scripting languages are for

Yea I know. I started with Java a long time ago. I'll relearn it since I feel i should just looking for advice for what would be best to learn for what I specifically want to do. Thanks for the advice.
Ok I'll write that down thank you.
You're basically saying all cars are the same which is not accurate whatsoever but cute.

Java, C# or lus should be fine as long as your game doesn't become too big and start having a performance issue. Learn the basic and looking for libraries for making game.

>You're basically saying all cars are the same which is not accurate whatsoever but cute.
Way to miss the point, tiger. Feel free to rush into the next post.
It's almost as if there are more important things in life than the products that you've been sold into using

This. Everyone should write their own compiler and live off the land.

grow your own programming language

What do you mean?
dotnetfiddle.net/QaTMj4

>Way to miss the point, tiger"
I mean if you're trying to see ooga booga products are bad because reasons that you're not stating nor are implicitly stated then that's fine. Your wording with that was a bit missed on that point though when in comparison though. I just want to know what programs Jow Forums would rec to use for programming. I don't really think that's really burdening question. Thanks though.
Thanks for the advice. I did plan to learn the basics before trying to head into any "big" project.Is lus short for something?

Here's your ready made generator, just add water.

tfw evaluating my fields in parallel

>lus
Oh it's a type. I meant lua.

*typo
fml

Paradise is decentralized and federated developer communes, where people independently trade and barter useful applications

programming and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Except you wouldn't tell someone who was learning to drive to use a model t and if you saw someone doing that you'd tell them to stop. Just the same, we must make sure new programmers don't use outdated trash like C, C++, or assemblies.

If C++ is sepples is C se?

It's "see", the bloated "pples" part needs to feed on a letter.

isn't the see in see peepee the gay part?

what is two pointers mean?

pointer to a pointer

Baby pointer

human caterpointer (also called a linked list)

so its for what?

no it's the cnile part that it want's to be rid of so it can become rust

None of these retards know how to optimize on gcc beyond command line switches. Is CLR more overhead? Yes. Is 90% of C code on github more optimized than CLR bytecode? No. It balances out.

why does static aliasing exist

"why does my incorrect code not work"

i thought to become rust you had to get rid of the pp, not the c

Can I pass constants through sepples templates?

Am I based and redpilled?

Attached: wew.png (248x230, 17K)

That's definitely against the Rust CoC
std::transmute yourself over to the police

>C's get degrees

Attached: Ken_Thompson_and_Dennis_Ritchie--1973.jpg (310x201, 20K)

What is static aliasing?

Fuck off there's not one documentation that refutes my claim. Otherwise post a working code.

RENT FREE

bool benis;

I don't understand that code but if that's really fft, that's pretty cool.

That's fine, gender is what people care about. Biological sex is not binary though. Some people are born neither male or female.

don't talk to me or my son every again.

based

I got 30s and after the curve my grade was a C+ all depends how hard they make the exams.

No they adjust the threshold and curve classes. Thing is they intentionally make the exams ridiculously hard. In reality a 60 is probably worth 80 in an easier exam.

Usually for a pointer to a heap allocated array of pointers which are probably also pointing to heap allocated arrays.

what did she mean by this?

That's not how you access properties you access them just like a member so it is p.X not p.GetX()

enum Sex {
no,
yes(i32),
}

It's not anyone's responsibility to stop you from being a retard, and more to the point, it would be wasted effort to try to teach someone who is unwilling to not be a retard

Redpill me on Haskell.

Attached: Haskell.png (1920x2443, 1.58M)

So let me get this right. If someone finds an efficient algorithm to an NP-complete problem, then not only does that prove that P=NP, but it also means that all someone has to do, is find a way to transform the prime factoring problem into said NP-complete problem and now encryption is broken?

Actually not that bad

You already have the tranny blood from years of anime so you're well on your way to being a Haskeller without needing a redpill

types and burritos

A programming language for mathematicians.

>when the core java squad shows up and starts trash talking C#

Attached: nagoorbabu.jpg (1280x720, 139K)