I have two lists of names, both with thousands of names in them...

I have two lists of names, both with thousands of names in them, and I am trying to see if any two names appear on both lists. How would I go about doing this?

Attached: lists.jpg (2400x1800, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.office.com/en-us/article/VLOOKUP-function-0BBC8083-26FE-4963-8AB8-93A18AD188A1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ctrl+F

Bruh, there are thousands. I don't even know which specific names I am looking for. I just want to see if any name appears on both lists.

uniq -r

Problem solved.

You take the first name of the first list and check if it's in the second.
Then you do that with the rest of the list.

comm -12 1.sorted.txt 2.sorted.txt
Sort them first

Write a script in Python, Perl, whatever.

Are there any websites you could redirect me to for this problem? I'm a Law student so I don't really have any experience with coding, sadly.

Sorry what's this?

Those are commands for use on the TempleOS operating system, made by our lord Terry
Your best bet would be to look up a program to do that

Cheers, mate. I think I have found one :).

It is telling me that I have hundreds of matches between the lists though which is something I did not want to hear, haha.

you're welcome

list1 = []
list2 = []
same = []
for l in list1:
if l in list2:
same.append(l)
[\code]
wait.. is it a troll right?

>not using set intersection
gj retard

>set intersection
what is that?

have sex

how do you implement the code with that?

Load it into a database and use SQL.

you can solve this in 2 passes using a hash table

section .text
_start:
mov eax, 4
mov ebx, 1
mov ecx, [sex]
mov edx, $-sex
cmp sex, bad
jne _start

representation

cat list1.txt list2.txt > bothlists.txt | sort > sortedlists.txt

will make it a piece of cake to spot the duplicate. add -u to sort if you want the duplicate removed automatically.

its not working on any machine

sorry, should be:
cat list1.txt list2.txt > bothlists.txt && sort bothlists.txt > sortedlists.txt

Learn how to vlookup, you retarded lawnigger.
support.office.com/en-us/article/VLOOKUP-function-0BBC8083-26FE-4963-8AB8-93A18AD188A1

and then just check the resultant file for duplicates, or as mentioned before, add -u to the final sort command to have then automatically removed.

also
cat list1.txt list2.txt > bothlists.txt && sort bothlists.txt > sortedlists.txt && uniq sortedlists.txt -cd
will ultimately just display the duplicate lines in your terminal. it's roundabout because my brain is shit right now, but it works.

take the intersection. if the intersection is empty then you will know.

Sort the lists and then write code that goes through one list names and checks them in the second.

Or paste both in an excel sheet and download an excel macro that does it for you.

OP, what's the deal with politicians writing shit laws about technology that they know nothing about