What's the best distro for my mom?

She's tech illiterate and has an old PC that windows 7 runs like sludge on. I need a linux distro that she can use for basic browsing and managing pictures that will be intuitive enough for her to mostly rely on the GUI. Any suggestions?

Attached: 10042.jpg (1300x957, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suse.com/documentation/sles11/book_sle_deployment/data/sec_x86_sysreqs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i solved a similar situation for my parents
installed arch, then i3wm
have firefox opened at all times
if it crashes, the keybind to re open it is written on a piece of paper next to the monitor

Attached: 53697461.jpg (600x600, 39K)

my mom really likes linux mint cinnamon and has been using it for years. it's pretty low maintenance and easy to use.

That's great for just browsing but she really loves her pictures and I want a windows esque DTE so she feels comfortable using it. I was considering linux mint/cinnamon but I rock manjaro on my personal set up and don't have much experience with debian if she runs in to a problem. I could install something like xfce. what do you think?

GNUStep

for your case openSuse
dont listen to anyone else

I've never used that. Guessing it's ultra lightweight?

suse.com/documentation/sles11/book_sle_deployment/data/sec_x86_sysreqs.html

Linux Mint.
t. non Arch user.

nice

Pen and paper. Baby boomers are retarded with computers.

>arch
>i3
>for boomer mom
mental illness

OpenSUSE?
It has YaST and shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190613_175442.png (1366x768, 671K)

Solid, stable, respectable choice: Mint
Bold, daring, yet viable: open Suse
Opensuse also comes with IceWM which is very lightweight, although it's not the prettiest DE

gentoo. wait hear me out. Do you really want the woman that raised you running precompiled software? Do the right thing. Install gentoo.

Elementary OS has "for old people" written all over it.

Just don't be bitch and buy her a new laptop.

Mint/Cinnamon works for me and the only time my dumbass needs the terminal is to use my vpn. You are good man. But put firefox oon it for her and add some firefox extensions like dark night and custimize firefx so that the zoom function is on the task bar, set her search bar from duckduckgo to google

Arch
Openbox
Firefox
Whatever Software you were planning on using for pictures
Don't give here sudo privileges and do maintenance yourself over ssh.
t. Did literally the same thing and it works swimmingly.

Install Cloudready (ChromeOS without the Android apps)

it's gentoo-based and practically mom-proof

Attached: 91.jpg (392x417, 96K)

Don't try to reinvent the wheel with some new solution you think is clever. Just give her the closest thing to what she's used to.

this is the only correct answer here. She is your mom OP, don't be a jew.