Can anything truly max this out yet or has progress stagnated that much?

Can anything truly max this out yet or has progress stagnated that much?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PcYA-H3qpTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crysis is not a meme.

Thanks OP I install and play

im more interested in quake 2

It has stagnated. Maybe by the time we colonise mars we will.

You tell us, OP? I'm sure you have some stupid, arbitrary definition of 'truly' maxed out that isn't achievable yet.

>BIDYO GAYBEZ

Attached: 1332317917951.jpg (500x672, 41K)

You'd get good framerates if it had an idtech engine.

What if I tell you that nothing can ever max out Crysis because the engine's optimization is faulty by design?

as soon as we can, they'll add raytracing

Gpu-wise it's been fairly easy for a while now. But due to the engine relying heavily on a single core, not even a 5 GHz modern cpu can keep framerates above 60 at all times. Hell, it can even fall into the low 30s in certain levels.

>have sex

even the shittiest pajeet code can be made forced to perform well given enough advancement

Attached: 1_gHrWP1uSTICAeoY2iqkQDQ.png (1766x834, 302K)

Yup, even hardware from 4 years ago can run it 4k at 120FPS with all maxed out.

However "well enough" also seems to have a changing definition. In 2007 it meant 1080p at 60 fps, now it means 1440p at 144 fps.

That's because the second "binary" includes all the libraries.

Ummm, no?
youtube.com/watch?v=PcYA-H3qpTI

Yeah. My computer can, and its just an 8 core threadripper with 2 1080s in SLI.
Although it refuses to go into full screen and if I set the resolution to 4k the window moves up like three inches and I have to click three inches below the actual buttons to actually select them.

Maxing out crysis is easy on any modern gaming setup. I still cant find a build that can reliably max out saints row 2. That game is so poorly optimized its a wonder of the world. An artifact of shitty pc ports

Engine architecture will never go well with new cpus.

Crysis was poorly optimized. Only ran 2 cores max.