How setup Raid 1 on two 1TB SSDs, where one of the SSD already has windows installed on it?

How setup Raid 1 on two 1TB SSDs, where one of the SSD already has windows installed on it?

Attached: 1539736999146.png (1500x1000, 1.08M)

Does NTFS even support RAID? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

>come into retard thread and announce that you're an even bigger retard than OP
nice

Hi, pajeet.

This post, of course, means you are very smart.
Sorry for doubting you.

Just go play with a video game, wintoddler. You're annoying.

Does windows even support gaming?

That's all it supports. Hence why only pajeets use it.

Kek, imagine saying something like this unironically.
On Jow Forums, the place where people have no idea how filesystems work, technology forum of all things.

no one knows then?

Isn't it obvious? If it wasn't already set up at RAID 1, you have to backup and then after setting up RAID 1, restore it.

Disk management? Doesn't support efi, mbr only though

This is not a support forum. Ask in stupid questions instead.

yes it's easy just 1 step

1) delete system 32
2) that's it

so I have to
>clone the 1TB SDD to another hard drive
>Do raid 1 on both SSD
but how do I restore back to the 1TB SSD? do I just clone back to both SSDs?

Exactly, the RAID drive will be a virtual device you can just clone back onto

Both work.

Thanks, is it better to use a Raid controller or the motherboard bios?

Hardware RAID will always be better but for such low usage case, firmware (motherboard) RAID will work fine.

Not really, you can't clone the boot partition for example. Only the rest of disk C

is the RAID infomation stored onto the Motherboard right not the SSD? since I'll be cloning to it

also how would I know one of the SSDs in Raid 1 has failed? Is there some sort of notification from the motherboard?

Depends on motherboard. Usually when using Hardware raid, everything is wiped. Use disk management and mirror it there if you don't want to reinstall

what? I already said I'd be cloning to restore data so i dont need to reinstall

I knew Jow Forumsentoomen waz dum, but no this waz dum.

Attached: 1544086004355.gif (360x240, 1.27M)

nvm found out, looks like on motherboard raid it will tell you on bootup if one of your drive in raid is degraded. Or you can install their intel control management software which will also tell you that the drive is degreaded

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdX*

No, it's on the drives.
You can swap motherboards that use same RAID firmware and recover arrays.

Yes you can check with the motherboard RAID software that's included in the chipset drivers.

if raid 1 info is on the drives, then how can i clone back my os to the 2 SSDs without overwritting the raid infomation?