Windows 7 UEFI compatibility

Hey guys.
Any way to make Win7 fully UEFI compatible? VGA.sys uses old BIOS system calls. Can it be just replaced with the one from Windows 8?

Attached: 61sYIienQyL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magnetdl.com/file/3559102/windows-7-sp1-ultimate-x64-uefi-oem-multi-7-aug-2018-gen2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The default vga.sys driver gives issues on UEFI class 3

why even bother
it will be obsolete within months

No and there's no point. There's so specific software for Windows 7 that you'd need the OS for like with some other operating systems.

Just download a pre-made UEFI Windows 7

magnetdl.com/file/3559102/windows-7-sp1-ultimate-x64-uefi-oem-multi-7-aug-2018-gen2/

>VGA.sys
Huh? Hasn't Windows used VESA VBE since XP for "low resolution"/"Basic display" mode?

Because it supports older software in some use cases. Also better DX9 support. Windows 10 fucked it all up.

It still uses XP basic video driver for installation and first boot.
It uses Int10h & VBIOS.
They changed it in Windows 8

It doesn't support full UEFI mode. Try using it with CSM disabled. Newer motherboards use UEFI class 3 outright which removes csm completely which helps win7 to boot

So get an older motherboard then

cant you just integrate video drivers, i know they arent installed for 1st part of os installation but does it actually stop install?

>Windows 7
lol

Nope. Everything that runs on 7 runs on 10 too.
There's no difference when it comes to DX9.
Older pre-DX9 and 16/32bit titles from the early 2000's or 1990's that can have problems are easily playable via Wine, even on Windows 10, they usually need community patches even on Windows 7 though.

at this point its not even poorfags who run windows since its free to download from microsofts site its the retards or boomers afraid of change

I love you so much

Dx9 on win10 cannot use more than 4gb of vram.
Noticable if you try running Oblivion with mods

You can, you'll need to first replace the installer with windows 8 installer that will use Windows 7 files. Then disable vga.sys completely as it gets called first, then passes over to dedicated drivers.
I want to use it on newer hardware.

Fag, win10 is horrible. Small bugs everywhere, designed by pajeets who know shit. UI is terrible and a lot of useful things are broken

>I want to use it on newer hardware.

Use Windows 10 then.

It's horrible. Fuck off with win 10 shilling

forgot to add also the retards who dont like windows 10 have never done a clean install and are still using their same installl all the way from windows 7 to 8 to 8.1

Sir you need to upgrade, it's free. Just upgrade