What programming language do you think is used to program these and other mechs?

What programming language do you think is used to program these and other mechs?

Attached: 1552196629122.jpg (1100x1616, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety-critical_system
flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

java

Assembly.

/thread

Appinventor lol

Embedded C and C++ or Scala

Supposively PHP for backend and javascript for frontent

Racket

>Creating complex AI in assembly and while controlling all the servos and shit
What kind of hyper autism and patience does this require?

ada

Mecha are human driven?
The only AI might be in the aiming system?
It probably would be written in some low level shit like C or Asm.

scheme with a soft realtime garbage collector

Something lisp based

Well partly at least.
Even fucking modern Jets use AI to control weapon systems or autopilot, servos.

Assembly, lisp, and c.

prolog

The Gundam had a learning AI that could learn to the point of piloting itself. And the GMs used some instance of that learning AI. The AI probably handles a lot

Non-safety critical parts of most modern Jets, Aeroplanes, etc can use Python, Ruby, Java whatever HLL. Presumably these parts can be responsible for AI.

But safety critical parts are generally written in C, C++ or Ada. All of which are heavily tested at assembly level.

From this, we can assume that such machines would be written in various languages.

So your all correct! Yipee!

Rust

a brainfuck dialect using zeon propaganda terms

What are some examples of safety critical parts? I'm genuinely curious.

>my sides

Landing gear?

everything

HolyC

Do gundams have landing gear? They got thrusters and shit on their feet. Does that count?

Yes, pretty much everything. The real question is what isn't safety critical. Non-safety critical software is generally software that stays on ground. e.g code analysis, testing, validation software is often not safety critical.

Here are some Wiki articles if your interested:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety-critical_system

Thought we were talking about Jets.
But i geuss some gundams do.
They can fly right.

enough to be in adeptus mechanicus

>Lisp
>being useful at anything
nah

Rust obviously

Lua

Lingua-technis

Thanks for the information, user.
Yeah they can fly. I think the MS-8 Dom uses some technology to hover a few feet above the ground and "float" around.

Haskell

Ok my autism speaking.
Well think if a gundam hovers a few feet/meters and then lands on its feet.

The sheer momentum of its weight could kill the pilot so the "knees" need to act as a shock absorbed.
This needs to be programmed how it will do it depending on the situation.

shock absorber*

Hmm, so it would probably need some sensor to know how high off the ground it is in order to communicate to the knees how much they need to bend to absorb the shock.

Jovial and Ada

MSG 0079 aired in 1979 so gonna have to give it to C or assembly.

Game Maker Language

obviously Microsoft Basic

Ladder Logic

Realistically, Ada or some other safe language.
You don't want a buffer overflow in one of those things.

Just as God intended.

Assembly MicroKernel.

This.
Assembly Kernel, C modules, Lisp userspace.

>An even more impressive instance of remote debugging occurred on NASA's 1998 Deep Space 1 mission. A half year after the space craft launched, a bit of Lisp code was going to control the spacecraft for two days while conducting a sequence of experiments. Unfortunately, a subtle race condition in the code had escaped detection during ground testing and was already in space. When the bug manifested in the wild--100 million miles away from Earth--the team was able to diagnose and fix the running code, allowing the experiments to complete.
>One of the programmers described it as follows:
>Debugging a program running on a $100M piece of hardware that is 100 million miles away is an interesting experience. Having a read-eval-print loop running on the spacecraft proved invaluable in finding and fixing the problem.
Source: flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html
I'd say Lisp more than qualifies for such scenarios.

Damn!
That's fucking amazing that they were able to debug it in the field..

Forth

JS with ExpressJS, NodeJS and Electron probably

Scratch

Underated comment

Is Scratch interpreted or translated?

I mean you can interpret getting scratched by moving your nails across your skin, or you can translate it directly using the dictionary definition to any language. It depends on whether you want to be literal but have some cultural influence lost in your idea of it, or whether you want to express your understanding of it.

So either or.

I need sauce on this.
Then I'm gonna tell this: Assembly or C for handling basic functions like rotating forearm by 30ยบ...
And probably some FL for the AI (Turing test compliant)