FUCK coding and FUCK python...

FUCK coding and FUCK python. I spent 3 whole hours of my life trying to get this shitty code to work and I keep getting errors. I followed the guide letter to letter and yet it still says . And as always forums are no help because people either don't have the same problem as me or if they do there are no replies or if there are, they are . Fuck this. How are you oldfag programmers not pulling your hair out? I am new and I feel like driving my head into a wall.

Attached: 1423353451656.jpg (313x285, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfEDcghjceg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mate post some screenshots and maybe we'll be able to help

Could you precise ur problem maybe ill be able to provide some help

Python is legit the easiest language out there. Not sure why you’re having trouble.

C++ doesn't have this problem

>
Press enter you retard

Sorry for the vent. I just got it fixed, the code was complex (for me atleast lol) and I didn't notice that I had added some extra spaces and I rewrote the whole code. I must have rewrote it like 4-5 times before I saw it. First time python user.

hours
>he thinks you can learn it in less
lol good luck

Get a better editor or change the setting to show empty spaces.

Whitespace sensitive languages btfo

>He finally found out python is shit
OP stop sucking that soi cock.

yeah patience really isn't my strongest point but I do really really like coding tho. It might be annoying to deal with and I might have a bad attention span but making it work makes me feel all kinds of giddy.

>forget a curly bracket
non-whitespace langs be te ef oh

I use it cause it's the easiest. Again this is my first attempt at coding something good. Mostly I made stuff for shits and giggles similar to this youtube.com/watch?v=bfEDcghjceg
This is my first time making something independently (or mostly independetly atleast).
Maybe if I get good with complex code I will use something else like C++ or Java.

Going from Python to C++ won't be easy.

>meaningful whitespace

>curly bracket
spotted the retard
it's 'brace' u tard

Stop using notepad.exe

Even fucking editors like Emacs and vim tell you if you are missing a brace in C++. Not to mention most editors out right give you both braces if you press the left one. You'd have to be a literal tard to mismatch braces often (it can happen sometimes but it isn't and shouldn't be a common thing).

Start using pylint

Just use pycharm

Both are technically correct, but curly bracket is more descriptive.

I know, but imo brace is better because of differentiation between bracket/brace. Why not say "round bracket" for a parenthesis.
You could say:
[ -- bracket
( -- parenthesis
{ -- brace
But instead:
[ -- square bracket
( -- parenthesis
{ -- curly bracket
??? logic ???
what makes the parenthesis so special?

if you can't do anything in 10 lines of python you may be a moron

kill yourself you stupid fuck

>what makes the parenthesis so special?
Everyone, even non-programmers, know what parentheses are.
It's pointless to describe them as something else.

1) you are a retard
2) it is not python's fault that you can't use it despite it lowering the IQ threshold for coding
3) C ftw

did you install gentoo first?

why don't we call them round brackets?

You must install the program

You don't?

Because your language is shit.
( -> runde Klammer
[ -> eckige Klammer
{ -> geschwungene Klammer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging

Every editor tells you about matching braces. You can easily put it into something lightweight like vim
Also
>he doesn't type out matching brackets and then fill the space inbetween
maybe it's your habits, not the language
>he doesn't

Same argument applies to whitespace.
It is handled by the editor.

Really no point starting with Python.
Start with a language that isn't whitespace sensitive, eg literally anything else. Just learn .net or C++ , or something.

Libraries are just as good for scripting in JS, PHP, etc.

That's the same dilemma, retard.

>why don't we call them round brackets
>we do in German
There's no dilemma to begin with.

delid your cpu faggot

Use C

is guile a good language to get back into programming with?

>lol

Attached: 1317155909601.jpg (208x199, 8K)

Yeah, you just have to know it's entire grammar and syntax

Yeah, but if you make a mistake with braces/curly brackets/whatever the fuck we're calling them, you can easily see it and correct it yourself.

In the past 1.5 year when I was using Python at work, I never had a single problem with whitespace, even though I was previously using languages with braces. How retarded do you have to be to have an issue with this? Or is it caused by using autistic text editors instead of something proper like PyCharm?

>Being forced to use a gay ass IDE for a meme language

No language is that important that you ought to fucking install inefficient software in order to use it correctly. IDEs have their place, but they are for large projects, not one-off scripts or programming code. Any language that unironically does this shit ought to be mocked for the useless piece of trash it is.

Also, it's slow as shit, so there's no good reason to use Python unless you're a baseddev/pajeet or a script kiddie

There is not a single scenario where PyCharm is a bad choice for writing Python. Any language that doesn't have a proper IDE is trash for fizzbuzzers.
>slow as shit
Maybe if you bought an actual PC instead of your Core2Duo Thinkpad, you'd use productive software instead of autistic shit like vim.

I'm academia honey and I have an i5 W520 Thinkpad. Try again. I just don't buy into gay memes like Python or IDES because I'm not some onions-swilling faggot that has a mental breakdown when he sees a terminal. If you can't do it in a fucking terminal (and it isn't a large project), then maybe consider moving to a career more fit for faggots like you

>I just got it fixed
So you should be feeling good, why are you complaining? I love that feeling after being stuck for a long time and the finally getting it, you've probably learned something. But maybe programming just isn't for everyone.

>FUCK python
bro. youll get it. take a break and come back

It's not your fault whitespace delimiters is retarded

_ -- horizontal bracket

HONESTLY THIS

Did webdev get filtered?

I guess not.

onions got filtered

First, use a good IDE. Pycharm is good I heard for example.

Second, work on that attitude. You being impulsive is not a problem, but you have to figure out a way to not let coding negatively impact your life too much. My current approach is to make really small subtasks and frequent breaks. The motto is: More subgoals, more dopamine once you reach them.