Imagine if they had priced it at $350 and $270, they would have been hailed as true saviors but see what they did

Imagine if they had priced it at $350 and $270, they would have been hailed as true saviors but see what they did.
Why are they screwing everyone with these bloated prices, do they really think people will buy their which performs similar to RTX at same price without Ray tracing?

Attached: 5700XT-Stats.jpg (1723x953, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1644
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1826
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=382&y=244&d1=13201&d2=13200&s1=131893&s2=131879&l=0&i=0&go=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am buying it because nVidia doesn't give a shit about Linux.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

People already weren't buying their cards even if they were better at same price.
According to steam 1060 alone has more markets share than whole Radeon brand and they think that people will somehow buy this shit if they priced it higher with worse fan and no ray tracing.

Super is coming with better clocks and it will push this shitshow even further down.

And you know how big leencucks community is, this embarrassment will have similar market share like your OS.

>According to steam 1060 alone has more markets share than whole Radeon brand
Only because AyyMD has zero presence in the laptop market. The GTX10xx series were identical to the desktop versions.

Even now on 7nm Navi is sucking more than 200W. It won't get any attraction from Notebook market.

Corporate greed.
Once they were able to get miner money, there is no going back.

Attached: 1546321911854.png (611x587, 34K)

>Imagine
FUCK OFF

Honestly, the price point was the real issue here. AMD finally had all-eyes on them, they have a monopoly on mindshare right now, it seems like it would have made more sense for them to launch at a lower price, even if they barely broke even. It would've been for one year, they'd have the chance to get the support of every PC gamer, and get people excited when they launched their next set of GPUs which hopefully focused more on the high-end. The specs/price shown here are what's going to be remembered, not what happens in 4-6 months after this "price war" they're trying to do.

AMD sort of shot themselves in the foot. I'm a big fan of the company from the perspective of a shareholder, but I just don't see them releasing great GPUs at any point in the near future, at least not GPUs that are worth considering over Nvidia. Not only does Nvidia have EVGA, but they have support from practically every game-dev optimizing for their platform. They also have the branding as being "the right choice" as opposed to Radeon "the card you buy for your cousin who wants help building a cheap gaming computer".

The 480/580 were priced about equal to the 1060 for most of their life. There was no reason for them to win market share from Nvidia. But that was then, when a mid-range card would cost 250$, not now where an xx60 mid-range card costs 350+ dollars. I'm certain that AMD could've won buyers if they just had a better price than Nvidia, but they only barely do, with less features on their GPUs at the same time.

doesnt matter im gonna buy it out of spite for nvidia even though i have a rtx 2060
poor fags need not apply

>I'll pay $500 to get 10% more performance
>calls other poorfag when $1300 2080Ti exists

I was actually holding out for AMD navi for 8 months and could have bought a RTX on launch.
Really pissed me off that they dumped this shit at this price, completely not worth the wait and if I could go back, I would have gotten the RTX and enjoyed those 8 months of better performance and maybe meme tracing in a few games, but probably not.

7nm yields are mech and AMD rather produces as many Zen2 wafers as possible. They aren't looking to compete right now, they are simply bring out a product to 'stay in the market'. Wait till yields improve with EUV (althought then they will be scrambling to produce as many console SoC's as possible...).

samsung feels confident enough to licence it for their SMARTPHONES

obviously it has a lot to show

>People already weren't buying their cards even if they were better at same price.
it's been 8 years fuck off already with this shit, they had 40% market share back then and made profit now their share is 15% after 5 years of same 10% below nvidia tactic
normies weren't reading reviews back then now they do, look at how ryzen situation turned just in one year no matter how intel shilled - people recognized it's value
simple truth - AMD and nvidia made bet on crypto boom and lost, but since corporations works slowly it will take a little while and another 45% drop in revenue for them to realize volume>margins again

they are already out of market, they were held up only by coins now that it's gone nothing compels even me to buy AMD gpu for nvidia prices with gtx1080 performance for gtx1080 price 3 years later

or you could've got 1080 for $600 = 2070 price three years ago and have no reason to upgrade for at least 4 years.

At this point whoever bought 1080ti at launch got best deal of this decade.

AMD doesn't care about consumer GPU's. It's just an extra outside their console and other orders.

or that. Really annoys me that I was holding out for shit from amd and all I got was an overpriced product while AMD fags go "AM I NOT MERCIFUL?!"

They don't give a fuck anymore. They can keep RTG running solely on console cash and datacentre compute. I bet they made more supplying chips to supercomputer deals than the entire sales of polaris and vega combined. What fucking idiot buys a radeon for PC games anyway?

Attached: vga.png (914x338, 36K)

Remember Navi is a ripoff and literally worse than nvidia in terms of ripoff.
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1644
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1826

Attached: prices for 5700XT.jpg (666x174, 58K)

crypto whores will eat it up

>believing anything this try hard makes up

Attached: costanza.jpg (700x700, 247K)

Its pretty hard to make predictions based on the past few gens because of how disruptive crypto mining was.

>shut it down, don't let the goyim know how much they actually cos
>NOO not my AMD STOCKS!

>no ray tracing
anyone who buys rtx cards for ray tracing is a sub 80 iq shit who deserves to get robbed

Would've bought it at $400 let alone $350.

i unironically believe lisa su and leather jacket man are purposely jacking up prices since they're related.

it costs 240 to make, 300 would have been a fair price for 5700XT, 350 would gave given them profits and still make a huge impact, 400 was the absolute limit of what their greed should be able to take
but no they overpriced it so FUCKING HARD, that literally nvidia are a better choice. FUCK ME

Well you think if they priced it $400 then even the aftermarket ones would jack up their prices an extra $50 for a small bump in performance and it'd still beat after market 2070's by $50-100. That extra $50 they're charging for a fucking blower design is retarded and whichever marketer came up with the name 5700xt should be strung up because i can't remember this naming scheme for the life of me.

Nvidia is the only option really for tensorflow and amd can eat a dick until thats fixed

I really, REALLY wanted AMD GPU's to work. But I've been burnt too many times on their user experience and drivers. I owned a Radeon R9-290X in xfire until I had a card die, then was given a 390X as warranty. The entire 290 series had driver issues that weren't resolved until nearly 2 months after ownership. I then owned an R9 Fury X and same thing. Not only that, but the Fury series aged like fucking milk. I ended up selling the Fury X at the height of the mining craze for almost $900. Ended up getting a 980Ti, and now I have a 2080Ti. Never had a single issue with Nvidia.
>inB4 shill
Sitting on Ryzen right now and will be a day one buyer of Ryzen 3xxx. But AMD's GPU division is just shit.

>Well you think if they priced it $400 then even the aftermarket ones would jack up their prices an extra $50 for a small bump in performance and it'd still beat after market 2070's by $50-100.
currently a brand new 5700XT BLOWER is only 50$ cheaper for me, and with customer version it will literally cost same as 2070

Navi is overpriced so fucking bad there is literally no point in buying it considering no raytracing, and higher TDP.

How is this meme still going on? It's been denied by them at least a year ago

>Navi is overpriced
Yup. And I have no idea why. They ditched using HBM2 in favor of GDDR6, so why is cost so damned high? I mean ffs the Radeon 7 was so expensive due to its 16GB of HBM that made up like $350 of its price.

I can only assume self sabotage because huang or sony/microsoft told them to.

They did the same with Ryzen. AMD caught a small glimpse of success and went full Jew on their prices

AMD should just gut their GPU division and sell it off to Intel or another company. Their engineers are retarded, their products are useless and the """"competition"""" they offer isn't nearly compelling enough.

>dude just sell these cards below profit because Jow Forums said so

to be fair, without their GPU division they would have no console contracts. They don't need to gut it, they need to hire better help.

hows your amd stock doing? You seem to be very concerned for it.

dude just sell these gpus are 84% profit margin, because stock holders will be happy and we got plenty of shills to damage control

>I have no idea what I'm talking about please rape my face
This entire thread in a nutshell.

$350-400 is still profitable and cheap enough to consider not buying a 2070 over it.
>but Jow Forums lmao
kys

You forgot your wojak and to blame nvidia, biznigger.

I don't own any stock in any company

>t. fanboy

Essentially this.

Even Jimbo just ripped them apart over Navi as pointed out. There is no good enough defense here
>No HBM memory
>No dominant performance crown position
>Worse power/perf
>Smaller node
>Worst market-share
AMD has given up on computer graphics now that they have consoles locked down seemingly forever. Ironically, only Intel can save us now.

Attached: cQTHYaerLJXucoUrZeQSvZ.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

think about it, amd, overpriced it so hard, we are looking to intel and nvidia to give us better price to perfromance

the only thing that could save this card would be if it could scrape out raytracing while no other cheaper GPU is capable.

yea It just doesn't make any fucking sense to me why AMD would price their CPU's so competitively, but then overprice their GPU's to the fucking moon. AMD HAS TO know that they're no longer after the top tier GPU bracket (2080Ti/RTX Titan territory) and that the middle of the road is their bread and butter. Why the fuck price them so high?

This is the most horrifying true statement in this thread.

Attached: Everything Awful.jpg (612x612, 263K)

I heard rumors that AMD was working on their own software rendition of Ray Tracing capabilities. Don't know how true it is, but I'd really like to see how it works. If the efficiency of Vulcan is anything to go by, it would be interesting to see.

>but muh nvidia has those prices
>so we will price them at nvidias prices

>when AMD drones realize AMD isn't their friend
How sad

Perhaps they do not have produced enough to meet demand at those prices? They really fucked off the GPU market for years and are probably just testing the new architecture with this. They did drop gcn right?

Yea that's the only thing I can think of. Their 7nm GPU and architecture change could be why the prices are so high. But they're giving absolutely no incentive to sell their cards, and thus eventually reduce costs to more normal levels by moving units. No Ray tracing, no free games, higher power consumption, same or less performance. Why bother? Why would anyone buy that?

When did it all go so wrong? It was Kepler wasn't it
Mid range dies at absurd prices killed this space. At least you can always wait for prices to come down, Vega 56 looks like a good deal now. Wait a few years until high end Navi (past 5700XT think Navi 20) is sub $300 and buy that

>When did it all go so wrong?
Around 20nm, when die shrinks stopped scaling in price and even went up in price instead, taking years to reach a level of maturity that offered a marginal price advantage over the previous node.

So no, the 1080/GP104 wasn't a mid range die. It was actually a high end die because it was very complex. The 1080Ti was simply an even higher-end die. Turing actually moved things down a segment in terms of die. The 2060 die is virtually the same size as the 1080TI die while the 2080TI die is close to 70% larger

I mean if they have tools ready for console devs in time for the PS5/NextBox then maybe it could catch fire but if it's just an extension of DXR then there's no point without hardware-based acceleration as the performance just isn't there right now.

I'd actually like to see someone render the original Toy Story movie @ 4K in real time (the source footage was rendered in 1536 x 922 back in 1995). Look at this upscaled crap they put out on 4KBD:
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=382&y=244&d1=13201&d2=13200&s1=131893&s2=131879&l=0&i=0&go=1

Attached: c_image.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

it's probably the most computationally expensive technology ever to grace consumer hardware.

have sex

Exactly. 7nm yields aren't great, and AMD has a shot at Intel's throne. Navi is going to have a tiny supply, they will be wanting to pump out as many Zen 2 cpu's as possible with their 7nm contract.

reminder: it's a new arch, so it will release with no drivers.

>Tfw radeon rx480 4gb

I dont know if I can support 1440p with this so I want to upgrade. But God damnit these card prices are bullshit. And the monitor industry is so trash holy shit it isnt fair. IT ISNT FAIR

Previous Polaris owner here, I got a Vega 56 a few months ago and it turned out to be the right purchase. They're even cheaper now, get them while you can. At this point, the only thing salvaging these prices is Nvidia dropping their current lineup to give super some space. AMD can definitely price these way lower, they just want some shekels out of the idiots buying $400+ GPUs right now.

It is hard to decide whether to buy now or when navi drops. 56 would go down in price right?