Coolermaster (suprisingly) - Newfag approved
Vortex
Magicforce - Newfag approved
Miya - I think these are rebranded Varmilos

>Fallen from Grace Brands
Filco - Overpriced with a weebtax
Das - Became a gaming Brand
Steelseries - Made one good keyboard and fucked off
Cherry - Newer models are flimsy and just awful. Used to be a powerhouse.

Attached: keu.png (1410x630, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drop.com/buy/drop-oblotzky-gmk-oblivion-v2-custom-keycap-set
drop.com/buy/rama-works-x-oblivion-artisan-keycaps?mode=guest_open
aliexpress.com/item/HEXGEARS-87-Key-Hot-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Waterproof-Kailh-Box-Switch-Gaming-Keyboard-Gamer-Keyboard-with/32960262600.html
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/66sji0/bricked_tada68_and_how_i_fixed_it_a_novices_tale/
keyclack.com/products/sa-maxkeys?variant=41454243858
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Two weeks left to order GMK Oblivion V2
drop.com/buy/drop-oblotzky-gmk-oblivion-v2-custom-keycap-set

Rama also doing a keycap for it (5 days left)
drop.com/buy/rama-works-x-oblivion-artisan-keycaps?mode=guest_open

All of these guides seem to be about buying pre-built keyboards.

How do I get the parts for building my own? And where do I get keycaps with non-standard labels?
I want to make a Neo keyboard. Obviously, I'm from the land of precision engineering.

Parts are available everywhere. I mostly get everything from kbdfans and 1up keyboards though. If you want weirder pcbs, keeb.io and 1up has them.

Keycaps sometimes have 150+ sets with extra keys for weirder layouts.

Ty for the general pasta, looks solid.
Will probably get the oblivions in regular, fuck the dumb novelty keys. Wanted to get /dev/tty but considering it doesn't support 68 key 65% boards I'll just wait.

Share you QMK layers

Attached: General.png (513x594, 230K)

>bought a pok3r with clears
Did I mess up?

Not really. I recommend you to lube the stabilizers and put something on the bottom of the case (they're doing this by default in their newer keyboards). And then update the drivers, pre-installed ones are buggy

Attached: Mx ergo, Vortex Vibe, pok3r.jpg (3840x2160, 1.35M)

waiting to be able to buy a split keyboard that isnt fucking $300

user can 3d print one for you

What's the best tenkey keyboard with hotswappable switches?

lol still 350.

Attached: woawh.png (1246x483, 389K)

has anyone succeeded at remapping the layer system of the Motospeed CK62 on linux? I'm trying to convert an AHK script to xbindkeys but apparently I'm too dumb to get it right

gmmk
gemini dusk
massdrop's ctrl

You're a complete fucking idiot. You were recommended ways to pay under $100 for a split board last thread.

why do the last two look like the exact same thing

O shit my ISP no longer block pastebin

cause massdrop screwed the people that designed the original design of the ctrl. The guys went on and help make the gemini dusk

I enjoy the autism put into this thread sticky

Attached: 8Ek1PFA.jpg (323x640, 42K)

reminder: the white backplate on the ducky shine 7 and one2 gets scratched easily

question

what laptop has the best keyboard for serious code typing an shit

Which one would you get for a tenkey board?

I would get a gmmk and swap out the stabilizers with real cherry ones and lube them with superlube

Attached: red vs blue.jpg (2400x1600, 509K)

> Steelseries - Made one good keyboard and fucked off
Which one is the good one?
Is it the Apex M500?

6gv2 was the cheapest 100% option back in the day

> what laptop has the best keyboard for serious code typing an shit
Pretty much any run-of-the-mill scissor switch keyboard will do.
MacBooks are the outlier here with a proprietary butterfly switch that attracts dust and costs a little under a grand to repair.

I've got an older Steelseries with single-color backlighting and Cherry Reds in it, and no matter what else I buy, this is the keyboard that I keep coming back to.

Attached: 1560538192930.png (1274x2145, 154K)

Classic thinkpad keyboards. xx20 and xx30 (the latter modded with an xx20) keyboard are relatively recent and perfectly usable for all kinds of tasks. I heard that even older keyboard are even better, like X60 and before, but first of all the rubber domes are gonna be fucking ancient, and second you're getting into autism territory where it'll struggle displaying modern websites and stuff like that.

Is it wrong that I'm unironically hyped for this?

Attached: Cooler-Master-SK851-low-profile-Omron-switch-1.jpg (1200x675, 167K)

You know they still sell full-sized keyboids where all of this is on one layer?

This, the 6gv2 was pretty good. Weird Layout.

Filco is worth the money, the op should be fixed. So what if they sell a dumb piece of wood for an arm rest

maybe

omron have a mixed reputation when it comes to making keyswitches so who knows

I hope their low-profile switches are better than their full height switches. Those light pipe things are horrible.

Now try reaching them all without moving your wrist
You still need layers AND you're forced to contort your hands and fingers because they keys are all skewed around weirdly

When did Apple release their first aluminum keyboard?
People are still ripping off that design in 2019.

"Sad."
– Trump

The cheapest filco is like 130 usd, nondetachable cable, ABS keycaps, and pretty thin in terms of cases. It has nothing to do with the arm rest.

Ducky has much higher quality with actual pbt keycaps included it in for less than 100usd.

I lost hope on low profile switches after kalih low profile switches. they were so bad, christ.

Wow, that's surprising. Kailh full-height Switches are the whole reason Cherry Inc had to retool their somnolent switch tooling.

Yeah the choc kalih switches were so terrible. Rattly and barely any bump. They felt like a shitty scissor-switch keyboard with a small sound.

i am an excel monkey / email guy and i type all day on my 125$ Filco Majestouch-2 cherry mx blue (home office, no one can complain about noise) every weekday 8:30am -11:30 at night and I fucking love typing on it. Its just my opinion cus i never had a better one maybe but I love it.

Attached: daccie.jpg (824x1670, 142K)

Any of the new MSI laptops with low profile mechanical switches

I have no issue if you like it. It is just overpriced for the other options that are available.

Attached: 9009kb_9.jpg (1920x1040, 248K)

I love centered legends. Man, do they ever look sexy.

Let me see some custom Varmilo boards

i just think it should be the same tier as leopold. its only like 15$ more

can I get a link to that

Thing is, Leopolds come with some of the nicest doubleshot PBT caps on the market from the factory, and match Filcos in every other area quality-wise.
It's not like Filco went down in quality, it's that their quality and price points remained stagnant and the competition caught up.

Sup Jow Forums, i really want a RGB mechanical keyboard, but i can get a white led Logitech G610 with Cherry MX Brown for the same price as a RGB Hyper X with Outemu Blue. Should i sacrifice RGB for the Cherry MX Brown?

Ducky

Can you explain this to me? I mean, do you even need it to be mechanical this much? It's obviously worse than a full-sized mech. Just buy a membrane keeb ffs

and I disagree...

I am not going to convince new buyers to buy an inferior product for a higher price.

Comapred to a Filco, a Leopold gets:
Thick PBT dye subbed keycaps
Detachable keyboard
Silencing mat inside the keyboard
Extremely Thick Case

and not only that, it is cheaper

get a ducky which has both.

i wish leopold would start using usb type c

>Steelseries - Made one good keyboard and fucked off
IT WILL BE GOOD I SWEAR

Attached: Steelseries Hall Effect Keyboard.png (1920x1569, 2.02M)

lol no

Well at least we're getting a better hall effect switch than that APT shit.

>PBT dye subbed keycaps
Actually they're now doubleshot, also you get silencing pads inside the keycaps now as well.

Attached: Leopold Felt Padding.png (2560x1203, 3.45M)

Which is better doubleshot or dyesub?

What do you think?

Attached: 1553535317531.jpg (738x1024, 104K)

shit man idk

>Unlike printing, this keycap type is produced when two layers of plastic are molded into each other. No printing necessary. The end result is a key legend which will never fade or chip off.

Aren't these all TKL instead of TK?

dyesub puts the ink below the surface so it doesn't really have the issue either.
Though you can make transparent legend caps with doubleshot I think

where can I buy a prebuilt dactyl manuform?

I can build you one, for less than this

Attached: IMG_20190509_153928.jpg (2223x1566, 1.04M)

The problem with Dye-Sub is that it will bleach over time causing it to fade away. Also Dobuleshot legends are much sharper than Dye-sub and don't have color limits.

Who knows. Floating keys a shit, but at least it uses a standard layout and iirc the caps are MX-mount.

Iris v3 came out today, and I wanted to try a split keyboard for some time now. Is there any reason (except aesthetics) to use a plate + backplate and not instead use PCB mount switches and a few spacers to keep the PCB away from your desk?
If I see this correctly the split PCBs are too small to have any wobble.

A mounting plate makes the whole thing stiffer and sturdier, so I'd say use one if you wanna take it with you. You should use PCB mount switches if possible anyway to prevent crooked keys.
It's not 100% needed if you just wanna cheap out though.

>still waiting for the kbdpad mkii to come out on taobao

Attached: s - 2507572 - 1girl blush_stickers chinese english expressionless fujiwara_no_mokou jitome long_hair (355x369, 83K)

>gmk abs is very thick
>high quality doubleshot means legends won't wear down
>thick abs has distinct typing feel
>lots of custom colorways
>profile looks classy
>gmk shine a feature not a defect

Thanks!

is this the Mechanical Keyboard General?

HOLY FUCK. How is Leopold killing it so hard right now?

Why yes, yes it is. Welcome, friend.

you got a storefront? I might consider it.

Haven't set one up to be honest. Feel free to send an email to [email protected] though.

because unlike Japanese companies that just sit on their legacy never innovating Koreans try to compete in an overcrowded market.

It's called a full size not a tenkey, use the right terminology or you'll get shitty recs

Here in my country the options are limited and these gucci brands that make these high-end keyboards usually cost more than a kidney. Our high-end stuff is just Logitech, Corsair, Razer, etc. There's Corsair Strafe too for a little higher, but it's just Cherry Mx Red and i already had a Corsair K70 with reds almost a decade ago, i really wanna try the Browns.

Yeah got that wrong. Any full size hotswappable recommendations?

gmmk also make a full size hot swap.

that is a stretch. The chinks have to deal with more overcrowded markets and they result to copying rather than innovating unlike the gooks.

GMMK (for all the sizes)

>i really wanna try the Browns
Don't. And if you insist do under no circumstance buy Cherry browns, scratchy shit. Get any other tactile switch, maybe a good option would be the box brown version of
aliexpress.com/item/HEXGEARS-87-Key-Hot-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Waterproof-Kailh-Box-Switch-Gaming-Keyboard-Gamer-Keyboard-with/32960262600.html

m8 ducky isn't supposed to be expensive.

ok where the fuck do you live? Chink shit is cheap everywhere.

Hm such a shame about the ctrl and gemini, I really love those. Might need to give TKL a shot if there aren't similar full sized models. The GMMK feels like a bit of a step down compared to them.

Attached: 1514758940376.jpg (493x449, 43K)

I bricked my tada68 and I'm too lazy to flash the bootloader. Does anyone want it, or at least can flash it for me? Or better yet, does anyone have eBay or Amazon links to the equipment needed for this?

Attached: 1544729661892.jpg (735x786, 85K)

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/66sji0/bricked_tada68_and_how_i_fixed_it_a_novices_tale/

ducky sells keyboards in every first world country, and even some second world ones. if you really do live in a third world country then consider moving instead of buying a keyboard

Kailh box are a rarity here in my country.

How about Outemu Brown dust-proof version?

Brazil, lol. Here anything imported costs twice the price, so a keyboard that you guys pay $50 dollars i have to pay $100 dollars, $100 dollars keyboard becomes $200 dollars and so on. So the only way is to buy stuff that's already inside the country, it still costs way more than USA prices, but they're a little more fair, like just 50% more expensive because the few importers with credentials have lower costs, the absurd import taxes is to completely discourage the average person from trying to import stuff and if you do, the government profits a lot, so it's win-win for them.

The government will not let me leave bro. It's my destiny to live and to die in Brazil.

>Brasil
You guys do have Ducky keyboards tho
www.playerid.com.br/teclado-mecanico-ducky-channel-one-2-skyline-cherry-red

Was looking at this set...anyone know anything about Maxkeys?

keyclack.com/products/sa-maxkeys?variant=41454243858

I really like the orange on Dolch color.

Maxkey is basically the go-to budget choice for SA.