/pcbg/ - PC Assembly General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards upgraded to one higher card tier: e.g., the 2060 SUPER will perform like a 2070 at the old 2060's price point. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07D377Q6D/ref=psdc_1292115011_t4_B07KXHTRT5
pcpartpicker.com/user/Wazzup0407/saved/dmNykL
anandtech.com/show/13400/intel-9th-gen-core-i9-9900k-i7-9700k-i5-9600k-review/10
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LRHzq4
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/j6mkV6
pcpartpicker.com/list/WCkXjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/XZz7mq
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1644
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1826
pcpartpicker.com/user/Chichotom/saved/#view=BFCrVn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey guys!
Should I build a PC?
Please answer in either yes or no?

maybe

No

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

yes in about a month

Is 16 GB RAM a meme?
Why would you get more than 8?

Planning a Ryzen 3800X build. Planning on going air.
Assuming i would want to go for mid-level PBO clocks, would I need a twin-tower cooler or would a single tower suffice if its of quality? I want to at least have the option of really tall ram since hunting for 3600mhz RAM can be a pretty broad search.

In essence, would a Dark Rock 4 be sufficient for this build?

Attached: bequiet-dark-rock4-cooler-side.jpg (1200x961, 279K)

Will this Deep Cool cooler be ok for my Xeon W3690? I currently use it for my I7 920.

Oops forgot image

Attached: 20190614_173451.jpg (4128x3096, 3.91M)

>>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
yes
>>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
also yes
>>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Uh no, m.2 form factor is a meme also not having an SSD is possible, though it is recommended to have one, just not vital.
>>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
yes

nhd15s

I built a PC with
2200G Apu
B450m DS3H
2x8gb ballistix sport lt 3000
Cx550

And while I'm waiting for the last parts to arrive I am doing actual research (because I got rushy and anxious after I decided to buy a new PC) and I can't stop thinking that I shot myself in my poorfag feet for not buying like an i5 2500k and a real offboard gpu, all from aliexpress, because before buying I thought ddr3 was obsolete and now I realize it doesn't fuckin matter for gaming
And then I look at stuff that tells me ram increases fps and realize that they will release DDR5 and my my parts that I spent cash just to get them new, will get obsolete

What should I think, guys?

Will the ryzen 3900x be better for muh gaymes than a 9900k?

Any video with a comparison of PBO and manual OC?

we don't know

wait for july.

About how much delay does there have to be on a monitor before ghosting becomes a thing?

Probably no. Inter-CCX latency has always been an issue with ryzen and will continue to be. Imagine how bad inter-chiplet latency is going to be.

What exactly do you expect to see in a video that can't be explained in a few line of text, lilzoom?

NH-U14S?

Attached: computex_2019_chromax_line_cpu_coolers.jpg (1200x845, 252K)

D15S is dual tower, single fan with tall RAM compatibility. Best of all worlds.

M.2 saves you sata slots, you imbecile.

>just not vital
It's 2019, an SSD is 100% vital.

I wouldn't use a computer without an SSD, period.

He actually suggested not having SSD is viable in 2019, why even reply to that?

How long should I expect it take them to benchmark the 3900x for games?
Damn that sucks. Really wanted to support AMD because I hate Intel's practises but if it's worse then I'm gonna have to go with 9900k.

The NDA lifts on july 7th.

3800X makes more sense and will be a closer competitor to 9900K.

potentially, we still need to see real world testing before making any kind of real judgment.

So you're saying the 3800x will be better for games than 3900x?
8c vs 12c? How does it make sense?

1 CCX instead of 2.

Because no games would benefit from the extra cores and it's a single chiplet setup. Even if games could use those extra cores, there would be latency issues on dual chiplet setups.

>Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards upgraded to one higher card tier: e.g., the 2060 SUPER will perform like a 2070 at the old 2060's price point. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.
For what purpose would they be doing this? I'm curious? Did the 20 series sell so bad that they actually need the potential sales off giving people a reasonably priced GPU?

Pls don't ignore me

You fucked up in so many way I don't even know where to start. Your "alternative" isn't any better either.

>AMD for gaming
no

Why
Pls start

Should I focus on buying all my parts from the same brand?

Intel CPUs are more smoother when just doing casual things AMD ones always lag and stutter and cause waiting times.

Attached: 1560011210494.png (900x676, 410K)

Should I buy an expensive case?

do wot u want nigga idgaf

Is AOC G2590FX a good budget 1080p 144 monitor?

amazon.com/dp/B07D377Q6D/ref=psdc_1292115011_t4_B07KXHTRT5

You have a point.

Equal, worse in emulation I think

Hows this?
pcpartpicker.com/user/Wazzup0407/saved/dmNykL

How do I improve my A717-71G-538W?

Hey guys

>intlel
closed the page the second I saw that

Cores are important, but somewhat overrated. An 8700k (6c) will constantly beat a 2700x (8c) in most games

Pretend the i7 9700 is a ryzen 3700 just because it hasn't come out.

He's right, take a look at benches with the newer chips. Intel constantly comes out ahead
anandtech.com/show/13400/intel-9th-gen-core-i9-9900k-i7-9700k-i5-9600k-review/10

The new Ryzen chips will probably be on par with intel, not better

I have no problem with AMD, but you fanboys are annoying af

Attached: 1560205086482.png (2470x1265, 1.63M)

Is there any forum or list or anything that details Real Time Performance for different CPU's?
Any information on how to get this info would be hugely appreciated.

So it's looking like AMD Ryzen 3000 might match Intel performance in games come July, or at least be very close.

But what about general multitasking and work stuff. I do 3D modelling, I like to have a rapid computer, should I get Ryzen 3000? I'm tempted to anyway just on principle of all the NSA backdoors intel build into their chips

Want to get back into rust without getting dicked on. Which list do you suggest from pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>I'm tempted to anyway just on principle of all the NSA backdoors intel build into their chips
AMD has exactly the same backdoors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor

Now i have r9 390, is it good idea to buy vega 56 for 2k 60 fps gaming?

AMD is far less Jewish though

ignore the OP and get this
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LRHzq4
or
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/j6mkV6
get the GPU used if you want to save money, 580 especially because you can get a brand new vega 56 for £250 now

The least Jewish thing you can do is not buying consumer products and make it yourself.
Not trying to dissuade you for your beliefs, they have merit in my opinion, but choosing parts for a computer based on beliefs instead of specs and price is what sheep do.

> dark rock 4
Lol. Macho rev b is cheaper and better.

cpu cooler is whatever, just picked that because that's what i'm buying :^)

CPU coolers are scams. They all use the same materials and have the same performance. Just get the cheapest one.

I'm looking at fans for my radiator so it runs quiter, should I consider Noctua F-12s iPPC, A-12s, or P-12 redux?

I'm leaning towards the F-12 or the P-12 because they don't look like utter dogshit.

How can I improve my laptop? It's an A717-71G-538W

with nvidia super coming out. If they drop 100 bucks on the regular 2080 I would go for that. Memetracing might be a meme but I'm on the same boat as you and I kinda want to experience Cyberpunk 2077 in all it's glory-

Let's assume we knew for a fact that the Zen3 APUs are going to be amazing. Would it be foolish to get a Ryzen 3 2200G with a B450 board right now and gamble on Zen3 still being AM4 compatible?

AMD already said they'd support AM4 "until 2020", but I don't think that necessarily means that Zen3 will be supported.

I know that nobody has a definitive answer, but is it possible to make an educated guess?

Attached: 1521571263874.jpg (1000x789, 267K)

You and him might be waiting until April 2020 with still no announcement.

Purge it with Prometheum

I do not know when hardware is getting released except for the AMD 12 core, and that's what Im getting this year. I have a day job and I would love to start a second business on the content creation arena.

I just bought a 2200G and a b450m ds3h. May God have mercy on us

how many times are you going to post this
should have saved up some more money and got the 2600 x 580 8gb meme build so you can play 1080p flawlessly until you can afford 4k while the rest of us are playing 8k moe shit

Cant the brick your whole system if you get a shitty one?

no?

Im a gay woman. Should I use an Intel processor?

So the vega 56 might be ideal or you could get 1080 or rtx 2080 used. I would find the cheapest option you can find for these cards preferably with good return support. If Super does get announced in the next few weeks you can either eat the cost (or return the card) then upgrade to the price cut 2070 or 2080 when its available.

pcpartpicker.com/list/WCkXjy

I heard 6 cores is the minimum these days

Nah, AMD is more your style

Attached: MW-FX126_lisa_s_20171026160018_ZH.jpg (890x501, 67K)

Is there a low profile upgrade from the 1050Ti 4GB?

It also needs to be low power as my optiplex meme computer only has a 240W PSU.

Attached: 1050ti.jpg (2500x2500, 359K)

Did i get scamed?
pcpartpicker.com/list/XZz7mq

Also is the Radeon rx 580 any good?

Remember Navi is a ripoff and literally worse than nvidia in terms of ripoff.
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1644
youtu.be/qVy_X3TNUAU?t=1826

Attached: prices for 5700XT.jpg (666x174, 58K)

Actually scratch that, is the NF-F12 or the iPPC better? They're like the same price

only an issue if you use a shitloads of them, which is only a problem if you use small ssds like a tard

I have done tests, of the same system on a ssd and harddrive and ssds while offering a benefit, are not vital, just a nice to have.

Ippc is louder.

lmao, how delusional are you?

Or how shitty was the computer you were using?

Even just basic desktop usage, web browsing, youtube, email, is better with an SSD.

Not waiting 5+ seconds just for your web browser to open up, is more than worth it.

20-30 sec boots instead of 60+ sec boots with an HDD.

No thanks.

I heard that's only if you raise it up to 2000 RPM, which I might just to get better cooling out of my AIO since it's only a 120mm rad (I know the shitpost of 240's but my case is small)

Think i'll just go 2000 and mess with fan curve.

Im a fucking water cooling retard. Should I get a GPU mounting bracket for an AIO or just buy a water block and make a custom loop? How difficult is setting up a custom loop?

What's the difference between b450 vs x470? any general Vram differences?

Attached: bannerlord_mfw.webm (364x506, 960K)

That tear down of cost is also just fucking stupid.

You have to get smart people to R&D the thing and market it, shit isn't just free. You can get a mook to produce it but it takes a long time to develop cards user.

Don't fall for retarded clickbait. At best it's only slightly overpriced, but not double.

NH-D15

Yes.

Here's my PCpartpicker list. I need a case suggestion (I will probably get a second GPU in the future and might watercool at some point), a monitor suggestion (Ideally 1440p or 4K).

pcpartpicker.com/user/Chichotom/saved/#view=BFCrVn

Thanks to anyone who helps!

>second gpu
>watercooling
>ram that isn't at least 3200mhz
cringe

>Not waiting 5+ seconds just for your web browser to open up, is more than worth it.
Doesn't happen with a HHD though.

>20-30 sec boots instead of 60+ sec boots with an HDD.
Which is important on laptops, on a pc that happens literally once a day, you can go get a glass of water in that time you ADHD patient.

You forgot the 2 2tb hdd

I do graphic design and 3D editing. A second GPU is useful to me.

>Watercooling
Explain why you don't like it.
>Inb4 it's a meme

Got a suggestion?

>believing anything coming out of adumbedtv's mouth after all his "leaks" were completely debunked
Based retard

>2 2TB HDD
It's 2 4TB HDD. And yes, I know that WD reds are slower for things you re-write a lot on, but I basically never delete shit so that's not an issue for me.

>Got a suggestion?

Partpicker tells you the speed of the ram that you're getting.

Not all ram is made equal.

>*NEW* COST OF MANUFACTURING DOESN'T MATTER!
>R&D PAY BY SONY AND MICROSOFT STILL NEEDS TO BE COVERED BY YOU GOY
>OPEN UP YOUR WALLET FOR AMD GOY THEY NEED THE PROFITS

>Not all ram is made equal.
Well, duh. I mean: do you have a specific brand in mind?
>TFW RAM really shouldn't fail