Tablets are technology

Tablets are technology.

What are g's thoughts on android tablets, also budget ones.
I checked tab a 10.1 2019 but it seems it's only 2gb ram but 150 euro.
Is there any reason i should just go to the 300 euro ipad?

any users of both of them?

Attached: samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10.1-2019.jpg (720x516, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdtechy.com/best-usb-c-portable-monitors-travel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you plan on using your tablet for?

oh right forgot
media consuming pdfs and browsing
maybe some docs editing but not much

i realize gayming is what keeps those needs high but i dont think id ever play on a tablet

also i realized, how are ipads with media torrenting, or just external file handling etc etc, because if its only for official media then it's a dealbreaker

The only thing that apple does well (in turns of selling me a product) is the iPad. Android tablets are useless

Torrenting on an iPad is a no no unless you jailbreak.
Maybe it'll be better with that new iOS update, but file management is a clusterfuck and useless.
It works pretty with media on official apps, though. I really liked my iPad Mini 4 for its intended use until some asshole stole my backpack.
I imagine an Android tablet would work pretty well with a Bluetooth gamepad and some emulators but I keep hearing that the Android implementation on tablets is subpar these days. Maybe an user who has a newer Android tablet can confirm/deny this.

I recently bought an iPad Air 1st gen for $50 on my local Craigslist. Only the glass is cracked but my god it’s great for its general porpoises. Just YouTube browsing, sending emails and general shitposting is great on it. Wouldn’t recommend reading books on it.

I have an Android tablet running Nougat, the tablet implementation of many programs is hit and miss but nothing is usably bad

>Is there any reason i should just go to the 300 euro ipad?
The iPad actually has tablet optimized apps, unlike Android.

-- This message was sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

I just want a bigger portable screen, all i ask
why can't i have an external screen for my phone

I wonder if this would work on a phone
nerdtechy.com/best-usb-c-portable-monitors-travel

something similar, with a battery of course and a place so that the phone will fit, tadah you just made your phone screen bigger

Tablets are so simple devices that the only tablet I'm looking for now is the Pinetab. I'd like a little better specs though so if they release something like a Pinetab Pro in the future (they made a Pinebook Pro) I'll be buying that. I don't need NSA botnets for watching videos and light browsing. I have real computers for other stuff.

I'm typing this on the tablet in your pic related. I also have an ipad 2017 which I stopped using when I got this tablet.
Pros:
>edge to edge OLED is glorious
>Loud as fuck speakers on each end with great stereo imaging
>PPSSPP and SNES9x are fantastic for emulation
>Runs real desktop ubuntu Linux in DEX though I use it mainly for CLI stuff
>Real file system
>Clover
Cons:
>ipad is a hair smoother
AMA

iPads are better. As someone who generally prefers android tablets for the fact they have an SD card slot and was in love with the s-pen, the iPad with pencil is generally better.
Trade off: more expensive, harder to pirate on and jailbreak/root, on sd card.

It's not even a question of them being better, it's a fact.
That said, get 3GB of RAM in an Android tablet. 2GB or less will have you lagging at times unless you actively close down apps

With that said
Unless you need some advanced editing shit, android is fine. Arguably better since Firefox can take plugins

Ipads are best since they last longer, have better resale value and generally easier to use. Android tablets are rubbish and not worth the money. Go for to 300 euro ipad just to save your sanity

Attached: 1555526500111.png (1100x644, 89K)

Exactly, we had 2 first gen ipads and they were great. Our first gen ipad mini is finally kicking the bucket after 5+ years of use

Android tablets are obsolete thanks to chromebooks.

>it's a fact.
Nuance and budget. For normalfags, I may agree but for users here, that's lazy generalization.
iPads have faster CPUs and graphics but, e.g., the S5e has that edge-to-edge OLED screen and it's fantastic. There's a reason Apple went there on the iPhone X. OLED is just better to look at which you'll spend a lot of time doing with your tablet. And, like OP's pic related, many cheaper Androids have great stereo sound. AFAIK the only way to get that in an iPad is to spend $$$ on the Pro which still lacks OLED. OP pic is also thinner and lighter than the iPad, great for the second most popular thing to do with a tablet, namely, holding the thing up.
Importantly, many prefer Android app switching. Press the square button, and see the app switcher or press it twice and flip immediately back to the last app you were on. iOS delivers these results but it's clunkier. Swipe from the bottom and 4 finger gestures are a start and Apple tried but double tapping that square button nails it better.
Then there are the emulators in the Play store. Many PSP games destroy 99% of the dreck native to Android or iOS and PPSSPP on Android plays them flawlessly.
For the neckbeards, there's Termux and Linux. I trade on the side and like updates on my mobile device when my bot buys, sells, etc. yet to integrate with my bot setup, I almost had to write an app as nothing available would do. Instead, on Android I found I could just write a little Python script in Termux and let it rip. It works fantastically. B-but Pythonista on iOS. Not without Termux' "Acquire Wakelock".
Just jailbreak, right? Firstly, I can do all this on Android OOTB. But assume a jailbroken iPad like my Mini 2, with iOS9 Pangu tethered. Okay, but what if I want to update to iOS12 for app compatibility keeping my jailbreak and not bricking? cats_paw_on_hand_stop_now.jpg Even then, you're just approaching parity with a stock Android.
I'm done, you do you, but iPad isn't just "better", not even close.

Attached: 1542578572376.jpg (2949x2229, 2.38M)

My nigga. The 1st mini is a fucking beast. Wish it weren’t dragged down by fucking iOS 9 (or easier to downgrade).

If you're planning on doing basic stuff, buy an iPad they're great. But as others said, be warned that copy paste stuff from/to it it's extremely stupid and works pretty bad

It was a beast but now it takes a good half minute to load Google.

If Opera Mini isn't available to you from the app store, you need to jailbreak your shit and install it from AppCake. Just don't do anything sensitive since Opera Mini works by running all your data through their compression servers which reconstitutes the html into some proprietary markup language. Sounds convoluted but it makes browsing on a shit device or with low bandwidth blazing fast. Just don't do anything sensitive on there.

iPads are trash and won't last a year before they shit the bed because of lagOS updates.

Attached: 1555117435554.webm (640x360, 1.1M)