Built with javascript

>built with javascript
>btfos all other IDEs

how did they do it bros?

Attached: 1024px-Visual_Studio_Code_1.35_icon.svg.png (1024x1024, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pavelfatin.com/typing-with-pleasure/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because your computer has 4+gb of ram and a CPU that puts ones 5 years old to absolute shame, that's how.

>btfos all other IDEs
Far from it user

Attached: 2c415aabad1c5206b24e71a14024b3dc.jpg (839x624, 53K)

By knowing how to write software

Microsoft respnds on consumer needs, developers needed fast, reliable IDE that isn't taking your precious time. You just fuckin click and it works. No messing around with bullshit like not working Pyv8 library etc.
btw. JS 4 LIFE

It's most popular IDE so you are wrong.
Your private opinion doesn't matter, we are looking on facts.
inb4 VIM or Emacs. most popular stackoverflow question is
>how to exit vim

sublime still better
vim still best

Correction, made with superior TypeScript.

Attached: 154896148987.png (594x594, 12K)

why is everyone mentioning text editors on an IDE thread

except half the shit doens't have types yet

Except they do, you just need to get them separately.
Install @[dependencyName]/types and you're good to go.

I have never met someone in the workplace at this day and age that still uses sublime. Is that shit even being maintained?

It's the other way around.

it's @types/[dependancyName] you tard.
and not all npm modules have it

>Correction, made with superior TypeScript.
which compiles to javascript..

it's the editor of choice for boomers
>but what about vim/emacs?
that's for tombers

Attached: boom.jpg (550x550, 32K)

you must be one of the nu-males at a web dev company who lie to themselves about being real developers

visual studio is the greatest IDE

VS Code isn't an IDE retard

0/10 needs more meme

ide:jetbrains, text editor: sublime text with non self updating extensions and no internet access
how retarded must you be if you use vscode and install 300 botnet extensions, and trust some random neets to maintain your frankenstein of an """IDE"""
not to mention how much data ms already collects from you

>flood the market with brainlet webdevs
>release a browser that acts like an IDE
brainlets btfo, microsoft is playing 4d chest while running nixos.

vscode with remote-wsl and remote-ssh is literally state of the art shit right now for remote development, stuff like full remote linting and code analysis for everything up to literally fucking perl projects with zero bullshit is amazing
i can't believe im saying this but microsoft finally did something right, gg assholes

Nope, let me guess you're still in college.

nah, graduated uni years ago

Reminder that VS Code extensions can leak your data on your computer. It's a giant security hole released by non other than Microsoft.

Oh so you don't have a job. That's even worse

And everything compiles to machine code. What's your point?

>projecting this hard
*inhales* BOOOIIIII

>BOOOIIIII
Holy shit you're a fucking npc.

But user, VSCode is not an IDE. Its a text editor. We all know that you miss the following stuff for an IDE

>>has extensions, not plugins (yes, it is a difference in definition)
>> support more than one language
>> won't compile code
>> has no real debugger / linker

Just compare PyCharm to VSCode. Pycharm BTFO VSCode

Attached: 1558900611678.jpg (2592x1936, 610K)

fake news. Works flawlessly on a 2008 core2duo running Win10 with 4GB of RAM.

VSCODE is magic when compared to Atom or other Web-based shit apps.

>has extensions, not plugins (yes, it is a difference in definition)
there is no difference

> support more than one language
it supports many language out of the box

> won't compile code
just open the terminal and type "make", how much of a brainlet are you?

> has no real debugger
yet it does

Attached: 37d.jpg (256x256, 8K)

cringe

i hope for your own sake you were pretending because holy lol you're a clinical retard if this was unironic

Its not about brainlet or not. It is about
>> what is the definition of an IDE?
And by all definition, VSCode is NOT an IDE

"haha learning curve bad"

More than 99% of the code is c++ because it's electron

thank you, based user

I think you mean VSCodium. The libre VSCode.

The market is democratic, which means the majority decides what succeeds, which means that shit always wins, because the majority is composed of brainlets.

archaic software bad.
even the git installer warns you to install a better text editor.

using anything but visual studio gives you fatigue due to input lag on 144+ Hz monitors over how slow everything is, IntelliJ Java shit is unusable, VS Code is decent but after 30 minutes you feel the fatigue due to electron bloat. seems like all of these dogshit slow input delay IDE/code editors were made for hipster macfags to sip their coffe at starbucks while its "doing something" =)

someone recommend me a good theme for this piece of crap. Everything is made for javascript trannies and looks like unicorn jizz.

Fuck vscode, fuck telemetry, fuck botnet extensions, and fuck microsoft.

imagine posting that and going back to cumcrusted shit like emacs which can't even run a linter in the background asynchronously

>IntelliJ Java shit is unusable

Intellij has had zero latency typing since 2017, the input latency is significantly lower than any other editor including vim.

Source:
pavelfatin.com/typing-with-pleasure/

City Lights, pair with IBM Plex Mono font.

this. retards dont understand the difference between latency and background processing, and resource trade off
how the fuck do you think it offers so much features and information about your code? obviously its going to use a lot of resources
I wish there was a free software equivalent for jetbrains' ides
one day theyre going to get bought by google or ms and its game over
molding vim emacs or using related projects is very clunky and i hate using 3rd party addons, turning a godlike text editor into a retarded ide

JavaScript is the one true language to rule them all, though it does have a very high skill-cap to master

>won't compile code
And Pycharm does?

i use it, wtf am i supposed to use? name a better editor that is not some ultra autistic meme like vim.

Wow, you managed to be right (VSCode is not an IDE) and still sound like a fucking retard.

>IntelliJ Java shit is unusable

Laughably low quality bait. Jetbrains develop the only good IDEs and everyone fucking knows it.

I'm 28 and use vim. everything else feel like a toddlers playpen

I don't know how. You'd expect something made by Microsoft in JavaScript to be completely ass, but perhaps they canceled each other out.

> IntelliJ Java shit is unusable,
It's a lie and you know it

because oldschool microsoft engineers are still among the best and they are mostly found around programming environments/languages nowadays

>It's most popular IDE
[Citation needed]

Using typescript and throwing Microsoft money at millions of pajeets to make it good

Nigger, that's common sense already.

Attached: 15447896489567.png (678x655, 22K)

What is the source of that data?

>notepad++ that high
The fuck

>remote-ssh
Why the fuck are people pissing themselves over this? Did webdevs just discover that ssh is a thing? I’ve been using sshfs to remotely edit files over ssh for ages, or is there anything more to this that I’m not seeing?

that's the 25.4% of vim users attempting to write their vimrc

Stack Overflow survey.

>someone recommend me a good theme for this piece of crap.
make your own. all themes are shit, but luckily you can overwrite them in settings.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 02.37.06.png (1438x1292, 226K)

why do people talk about vim when there's a quality vim extension for VS code? 7M users

>Jetbrains develop the only good IDEs
Visual Studio (not Visual Studio Code) is legitimately a good IDE

windows, microsoft
gno thanks

I'm using a joke theme that I installed for shit and giggles and it's now my favorite.

Attached: 151369786146876.jpg (2303x1512, 228K)

looks dope as shit wtf

use vim you autist

Any worth using have typings.

How does it compare to Slime in emacs? Does it have any good Lisp editing features? Anything that compares to Lispy or Paredit?

I assume some people still use it for small edits (I do). It has a faster startup time than VS Code with a bunch of extensions, and it has more features than regular Notepad.

Imagine being this retarded.

Now narrow it down to each language. Nobody right in their mind uses VSCode for C++ or Java.

sshfs is slow as fuck and overly sensitive to latency, this model communicates with an application server running remotely so stuff like git indexing, realtime linting, project-wide search doesn't become slow as shit as soon as you're not dealing with babbys first 10 loc python project
you'd know all that if you did any serious remote development but of course you didn't so you don't

basically this, but don't diss sshfs nigga
you can tweak it pretty good

Well, I guess since people don't use VSCode for Java it means it's not popular, right?
I was waiting for someone to backpedal at that chart, but you didn't even try.

sshfs obviously has its uses but using it for development, especially on large git repositories, is kind of a bad idea unless you simply don't have a better solution

I'm not implying anything but FYI 47% of that chart are from indians and 76% from people who do web dev exclusively.

why would anyone use vscode for java when they can get idea community which is free and is a proper jetbrains ide

Unless you're saying Java is the only existent programming language, I don't know what's your point.

I never once said Code isn't popular. That image is flawed because most "devs" work with HTML and JS. Nobody (except for retards or small projects) uses VSCode for Java, C++, C#, Scala, Kotlin etc.. If you made a chart for each of these languages VSCode most certainly wouldn't be the #1..

I use vscode for c# dotnet core development.

Gimme gimme. Srsly, link pls.

Most used/popular =/= good
Even university professors and doctors in IT don't recommend it.
Source: my ass
My ass's source: numerous meetings with IT departments around English universities about conduct with lessons and what tools to use blah blah blah mainly about cybersec but I still ask and write down everything. Did you know most python course lecturers and tutors here recommend pycharm? I keep hearing because it's available on Mac OS and Linux but there must be an comfort aspect to it or something.
Also my ass: itchy
Jesus fuck I have to shit and I know for a FACT the seat's gonna be ice cold. I'm blaming you. Fuck you.

Search SynthWave '84 on extensions

Why the fuck would you use VSCode over VisualStudio? Visual Studio is the ONLY reason to even use C#.
Kotlin is better than C#. The Java ecosystem is 1000000x better than the pretty much non existent .NET core ecosystem. IntelliJ is better than VS. JVM performs better than .NET as well and if you want native executables you can use Graal or Kotlin Native.

Congrats you fell for the .NET Core meme

Nice.

>Congrats you fell for the .NET Core meme

I have a job.

Funny. Nobody even uses .NET Core apart from Bing and Stackoverflow. Backends are either running on the JVM, node, Go or Python. Nobody fucking uses .NET Core. Biggest meme ever.

More like .NET Cuck

I go where the job takes me. If some company pays me very good for a dotnet core microservices implementation with docker and kubernetes, I do that. At home I program in whatever I want. Don’t be such a retard.

>>btfos all other IDEs
maybe the case for bottom-of-the-barrel webdevs

>2019
>Docker

>I know only 2 companies using it
>Hence nobody uses it