Best OS for a 10 year old laptop?

Best OS for a 10 year old laptop?

Specs are 4GB ram, Intel Core i5 2.3GHz, 500GB SSD

I'll mainly be using to read manga and watch anime while sitting besides my dying mother in hospital.

Attached: 1558504197034.png (500x410, 144K)

Manjaro

debian with xfce the most patrician of fucking DEs

listen, you will put on 20 g of testosterone a minute, your laptop battery will last ages, you'll be running one of the stablest distros, debian, and overall you'll be fucking digi-invincible.l

you will gain 2 lb of chest hair and your mom will die with your glorious man visiage as you become a true partician computer superuser rivaled only by the input of raw assembly code via neural mental transmission.

listen, you will put on 20 g of testosterone a minute, your laptop battery will last ages, you'll be running one of the stablest distros, debian, and overall you'll be fucking digi-invincible.l

you will gain 2 lb of chest hair and your mom will die with your glorious man visiage as you become a true partician computer superuser rivaled only by the input of raw assembly code via neural mental transmission.

and i don't know what kind of tiny dick fuck wrote that pic but osx looks like hot garbage

and i don't know what kind of tiny dick fuck wrote that pic but osx looks like hot garbage

These but with Cinnamon instead of XFCE.

motherfucker i will fight you

Come at me, faggot.

Attached: average Cinnamon user.png (1833x953, 1.17M)

Get Windows 7 Home Premium and you'll do great. I do hope your mother's situation improves. I lost mine some years ago, and things aren't the same.

I have a laptop with similar specs and I have been running Arch with i3wm for a year now. It's really fast and I haven't even thought of getting a new computer

Satania should be FreeBSD because Mac has fun with it. And don't shit talk my gf Vinetto

I can see Satania using Arch actually and bragging about it.

Attached: 1492464263009.jpg (1920x2164, 1.09M)

>thinly veiled blogposting
Linux should say "only good if you want to rice desktops and argue about distros", also

What OS would the best girl be?

Attached: 38e3f4cdfd8cf400634158b19124f285.jpg (841x1101, 111K)

Temple

mating press os

SparkyLinux

>Raphi
OSX
Not even she would touch that crap.

Attached: 1505760372167.jpg (650x366, 26K)

She doesn’t need to touch crap because she is crap

Attached: DC87EA87-6D6B-4E2C-83DA-6ED696717585.png (224x314, 61K)

Artiix linux

oh god i love raphi so much

Gentoo

I'd use ubuntu mate. The DE largely comes down to preference, but it does feel faster than KDE, which would be my first choice on better machine.
I assume dying at home with mobile palliative care isn't optimal in this case? Anyway, I hope things go.... as well as such things can.

Attached: 6f454f06b3d2bf6a2242da1dd1d3b80eef0713f2cc2f814ded2b3a3c216521bf.png (360x383, 39K)

Why not try nixos user-kun? it can be as heavy as you configure it c:

Attached: try_nix_anon_kun.png (1538x1331, 902K)

any os really, I'm running fedora server on a fucking atom with 2gb of ram, pihole and torrent if you are wondering

fedora xfce if you want a comfy system that just werks

gentoo ofc

That laptop is quite good 2bh, but if you want a good lightweight OS install Manjaro with OpenBox or i3. XFCE is good too.

this

Attached: 1530183830753.png (1920x1200, 940K)

OpenBaSeD is the only alpha male OS for every kind of hardware.

i have almost same specs as op and i installed manjaro first thing. works great. no complaints. not sure about the meme implications since i only started coming here since but it's less bullshit than any other os ive used

>deliberately creating hash collisions to work around your shitty package build system

Attached: ad.jpg (600x450, 78K)

>only good if you want game
Nice meme

Talk to your mum lad

Unironically Gentoo but Debian w/ Xfce will do just fine.

Windows XP or A minimal distro like Void, Gentoo, or Arch with XFCE

...with XFCE.

Related to pic, why the fuck does linux have so little actually good creative software?
pinta is actually inferiour to paint.net and despite they wanting to switch to core in 2018 there is fucking nothing yet
GIMP is >GIMP
No good pixel art software.
All audio and video applications are fucking garbage.
Blender, despite having a good functionset is far from being a professional tool.

Literally the only decent creativity tool for Linux is fucking Krita.

At least it has UE4 and Unity now, but you simply can't make anything good only standing on Linux.

I am really fucking frustrated, I hate windows and mac, I just want to have my freedom creativity suite.

Attached: sadanimegirlijustdownloadedforthispost.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

What does Cuke mean?

Temple OS

Attached: descarga.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Linux Mint
i
n
u
x

M
i
n
t

Xubuntu.

Attached: 1560316518689.png (368x369, 52K)

drop 50 bucks to buy 8gb of ram and then use whatever you like.

NetBSD or Debian.
My condolences about your mother. What happened?

yep

windows 10, but how about just fucking upgrading huh?

>Linux
>fun

The Xfce flavor of any "easy" distro like Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro or Fedora.
The alternative is to download the minimal version of above and set up a wm.

Attached: Cool_as_a_cucumber.png (220x339, 26K)

> cuked
what did he mean by this?

user I'm so sorry, I often think about what it will be like when I lose my mom or she gets very sick. i hope things get better for you.

go with a minimal debian stable install plus openbox.

KEK you mean the sha-1 collision one on chrome? You don't have to do that the package author just has autism.

>GIMP is >GIMP
Nah fuck you, GIMP is GOAT
>No good pixel art software.
aesprite
>All audio and video applications are fucking garbage.
Truth
>Blender, despite having a good functionset is far from being a professional tool.
False. It's default keybinds are buttfuckingly retarded, but it's incredibly powerful.

Those specs could easily run any OS. Especially if it's just for what you're doing, without gaming. You just need to clean it every now and then to prevent the dust heating the inside.

Arch+i3
As for any other hardware

Star Linux with Openbox.

TempleOS

Linux Mint XFCE.

Holy shit, how the Gigachad meme can become even more ridiculous than that?

oh boy...