Queston about CS career

Hello lads, I am halfway through a CS degree. I have great grades and I will be getting an internship soon. Should I move straight to Tokyo, Japan after I get out of school? Or should I work in the US for a bit first? I can speak "intermediate" Japanese but would work for an English speaking company.

Attached: IMG_0366.jpg (500x528, 51K)

What do you know about Japanese corporate culture?

I know that most companies expect you to work a lot but I would only get a job at a company if I could work 50 hours or less a week. Yeah I sound like a princess with all these criteria but I mean if it's available for me to get exactly what I want then I'm gonna do it.

maybe you could work remotely from there for an American company

don't move to japan. work in the US first.
japan isn't how you think it is.

Do you want to be a jap wagie? I've seen postings on my school's job board for japanese sw companies that were paying 14 canadian rupees/h (less than minimum wage in toronto)

Stay in the US. You'll have to find a unicorn in Japan to have even a semblance of wlb. US salaries on either coast will be insane either way after a few jumps.

So why did you go into CS ? If you want to be a shitty wageslave in Japan you can just go and teach English there. I suspect you got into CS because you thought it would be easier and less humiliating than teaching English but frankly this is just as stupid and pathetic. But what do you expect from a dumb weeb.

stay in the US

No one in Japan will hire you. Don't leave the USA without a job offer unless you want to be homeless before begging the State Dept for a plane ticket back.

On a similar vein to OP's plan, what are the best non-US countries/cities to look for tech jobs?

Are foreign CS related degrees valuable in the US?

Another day, another misguided programmer that wants to live in Japan. It's a terrible work culture. Japanese people are extremely immature and racist. They will keep you in the corner with the other foreigenrs and pay you less than 4mil yen per year. Not worth it.

Read the glassdoor reviews for Rakuten, Mercari, Softbank, SBI Bits.

only if you're a melanin enriched CIA agent

you're not even supposed to be job hunting on a tourist visa. If immigration finds out you are looking for ajob they will send you back home. If you sneak in and find a job you still gotta leave first then apply for a work visa from outside the country. The entire visa process will drive you nuts and scares away any potential employers.
I also doubt many companies are willing to deal with immigration rules and risk their business op will most likely need to apply from the states and find a job before going.

what school do you go to?

americans can get working holiday visa

Canadian ones are depending on where from

In Japan, if you work at one company, you must work at that company for the rest of your life. If you quit you'll have a hard time finding another job. You will be required to devote the majority of your time to your work, and you will get max ~$15 an hour. You will never get a promotion to a decent rank since you are not Japanese. You must do whatever your boss tells you, and all your work will belong to the company.
If your okay with that go ahead. Forgot to mention the compulsory unpaid overtime, but you get the gist.

otakus are ridiculed in japan as well.

Different user, sounds like hell.
OP would be better off working in the US and saving up for trips to Japan every now and then.
I want to get into a more fulfilling technical role but I am happy at least that as a graduate at my current company I only have to go to work for 35 hours a week with decent benefits.

if you are good enough, you can sometimes be offered positions in other companies with higher pay. But yeah, this is what happens on the majority of cases for CS. Engineering is only slightly better.

Your only option is to work at Microsoft or something in the USA and ask to get transferred to their Tokoyo branch or some shit because you speak FLUENT Japanese.

>mfw my country has a 6 month visa exemption period
Feels good.

This. That's how moot did it.