How bad of a idea is it to learn python as my first language?

how bad of a idea is it to learn python as my first language?

Attached: 1551062187764.jpg (400x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

udemy.com/automate/?couponCode=SCHOOLS_OUT2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not bad at all, focus on learning how to write good algorithms since syntax is dead easy

Just keep in mind it is barely a better shell and bail for languages with separated run & compile times at some point.

dont be a faggot, learn c++

It's not a bad idea at all. The syntax is fairly simple so it's a good starter language (and pretty useful all around)

You have 12hours left to take advantage of this course for free. DO IT.
udemy.com/automate/?couponCode=SCHOOLS_OUT2

Learn java sir.

Attached: 1554133157398.jpg (450x399, 140K)

Use forth.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

OP don't be a cock gobbling fag for once.
Python is a tool for scripting.

Learn C, C++, Java, Scala or even fucking C#

>udemy.com/automate/?couponCode=SCHOOLS_OUT2
FUCK THANKS MAN

I would start with JavaScript first then try Python.

pretty bad, it will coddle you with oh so many library functions, you will be completely lost the moment you move onto another language

It's fine as long as you learn more languages later.

thank you, faggot.
i love you

Forgot Udemy existed.
Love you man

Recommending c and c++ as someone's very first language guarantees that person will just give up.
Yeah, python is a tool for scripting, but its also fully featured enough as a language that it allows you to learn the concepts you'll use when you learn a "proper language", without immediately jumping into the deep end.

The main advantage of python is that the syntax is piss easy and the interpreter is very forgiving (duck typing and all), that might be bad for production code since it becomes hard to debug at large scales, but for a beginner its ideal. The last thing you'd want when you're just learning how to work with for loops is your program segfaulting because you cast a float pointer to an int pointer at some point and didn't realize what you've done.

Once your projects get over 500 lines, go and learn something bigger, but python works when you want to learn simple, basic, language-agnostic programming concepts.

My first lang was C/C++ then C# then Java

If you can't start with C then you SHOULD just give up. I used to think otherwise, but after seeing all the "coders" who can only really copy and paste python and make complete train wrecks with no understanding of what's actually going on, I've realized that C is an incredible retard filter. C++ is too complicated for beginners but C is really straightforward once you understand the universal concepts behind it.

that's why i said move onto something else after python
you should only really use it for like a month to get you kickstarted

Only thing about C that's maybe hard is pointers and how you always have to manage the char array buffers.

But its cool to just fool around in the console.

And once you are a little decent all the other languages are piss easy.

>we'll install Python, I'll show you how to
>okay so download Python and install it yourself

Yeah I'm guessing this 'tard has no idea how to teach

>even fucking C#
What's wrong with C#?

Cause you indirectly shill for Microsoft .net products.

Shit sucks and is a blight on backend development.

just do your best. even if you discover (after trying really, realy, reallyy hard) that its not for you, at least you tried. dont let your dreams be dreams. and for fucks sake stop touching yourselves! channel all that gay energy into your studies.

Attached: 8cebbb8c-12f1-4f63-8a48-bc32c35d4ab6..png (1487x645, 43K)

There is literally nothing wrong with C#. If you use VS Code with dotnet core, the entire development chain is open source, but if you use Rider or Visual Studio the development and debugging experience is just world class.

Slap my ass and call me a shill, because my experience is the opposite. I'd rather see a dotnet backend than a Java or Go one, and I'd much rather see any of those than Python, PHP, Node, or Ruby. Well, for significant, serious backends. Quickly hacked together shit that barely does anything can be done in whatever.

Pretty bad

Python is basically the go to beginner language nowadays. It used to be Lisp but them days are gone.

Awful. Will teach you bad habits like not using statement separators and pretending whitespace means something rather than being a tool to improve readability.

Kek

Attached: S90615-05543192.jpg (987x1024, 227K)