Emulating gamecube

do you guys think its possible to have a portable gamecube emulator?
If not today when?
(I read some stuff about 2 years ago when people said its impossible)

Attached: psp.jpg (466x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TnI2--25NoQ
youtu.be/Agm42oF_NpE
youtube.com/watch?v=2L6yK6ej7pI
youtube.com/watch?v=4MqL7OUMaHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think the GPD Win can run Dolphin just fine

hack your switch or just wait until nintendo adds gamecube games onto their store

On a PSP? No. It simply isn't powerful enough. Dolphin works on Android though, so you can have portable GameCube emulation right now if your phone is decent.

flagship phones can play Gamecube comfortably now

youtu.be/TnI2--25NoQ

Attached: 1442670177459.jpg (284x285, 9K)

The Switch could likely do it desu.

You can run a Gamecube emulator on Raspberry Pi or a similar MiniPC and then install a controller and display module to make it like a console (and make a custom case as well). There're probably a hundred videos about this kind of stuff on YouTube if you search.

Alternatively ask:

PSP emulation only barely works on it with tons of speed hacks, and only really well for 2D games. GameCube emulation at real speed is unlikely.

Is it just the recompiled ARM one? Because on actually designed for the Switch would likely be fine.

not as pocketable as a phone and playing on an Amoled screen is nice.
youtu.be/Agm42oF_NpE

Raspberry Pis are not powerful enough for GC emulation.

Yes, it's called smartphones and tablets.
No it couldn't.

You mean like how you can already run dolphin decently on android

youtube.com/watch?v=2L6yK6ej7pI

no user, it's impossible.

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-235907.png (1080x2160, 1.8M)

>there will never be a handheld as based as psp and psp go
Fuck. This hurts.

we'll never be able to do it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-000038.png (2160x1080, 1.18M)

>imagine being so retarded you use emulators to run in android a videogame that's available in android

How do you do waggle on phone though? I want to play xenoblade.

Yep. The Tegra X1 is fully capable of Gamecube emulation. The Chinese Nvidia Shield, which uses the same SoC as the Switch, has an officially sanctioned emulator that runs Twilight Princess flawlessly.

>No it couldn't.
You're wrong, chief. See Of course, it's very unlikely anyone will actually write a good Gamecube emulator for the Switch, but it absolutely is capable of it.

You can't even emulate PSP or Dreamcast on a RPi

the nvidia shield is trash at running gamecube games.

You're retarded, try reading my post again. I'm not talking about fan-made emulators. There is an emulator for the Chinese Shield made by collaboration of Nintendo and Nvidia that runs great.

no you're fucking retarded. A switch emulator will never be as good as one made by Nintendo, dolphin runs horrible on nvidia shield.

Just because Dolphin runs poorly on the Shield does not mean it is impossible for an emulator to run on it. The fact is that one already fucking exists dipshit.

You do realize that official emulators are usually just official ports of "fan made" emulators. Just because something is official doesn't make it good.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here because it actually does run the games well so it's obviously not a port of any of the other emulators that do not run the games well.

Dolphin is the only gamecube emulator that would ever run on switch, that's the one that is open source and can actually be ported to Switch. If you think that someone will magically make an emulator as efficient as the billion dollar coproration who made and fully understand the gamecube's hardware you don't know what you're talking about. The switch is also underclocked so it's actually weaker than the shield unless you change that.

Attached: serveimage(38).jpg (645x729, 57K)

Literally any flagship phone should destroy Dolphin.

Such a shame that they cant package the same tech in a dedicated handheld console.

>If you think that someone will magically make an emulator as efficient as the billion dollar coproration
Holy fuck you're stupid. See Let me fucking greentext it for you because you're so dumb.
>Of course, it's very unlikely anyone will actually write a good Gamecube emulator for the Switch, but it absolutely is capable of it.

I'm saying there have been bad official emulators before and there have been far better unofficial emulators. There is no reason to distinguish between "official" and "fan made" bleem was official for hells sake. The Nintendo virtual console is official. They pale in comparison.
Also l, the official emulator is probably based on an existing open source code base. It's happened before.

>If you think that someone will magically make an emulator as efficient as the billion dollar coproration who made and fully understand the gamecube's hardware you don't know what you're talking about.

They do all the time. Neo geo official emulator was worse, Nintendo virtual console is worse, bleem was worse, girigiri was good but then quickly outpaced. Official emulators rarely can keep up with the open source variety.

That post admits there will never be a good gamecube emulation on switch. If you're just saying that's it technically possibly if some genius created a perfect emulator without Nintendo's help and then everyone risked hardware damage by overclocking way past the clock speed the switch was made for to play games at passable speeds, that seems like a pointless thing to even talk about. By "The switch could likely do it" most non-autistic people would assume that you mean it might actually happen in the real world.

Here is what I said, maybe you can understand it if you struggle enough:

1. The Switch is technically capable of running a Gamecube emulator.
2. One already exists for similar hardware.
3. It is very unlikely that a functional Gamecube emulator will be made for the Switch.

It's doing already, you have to install Linux and make a mild overclock tho.
BTW, the Nvidia Shield on China ships with Wii and Game Cube games.

It doesn't really require a genius. Writing emulators isn't particularly hard as much as it is tedious.
Is it possibly that a bunch of autistic Nintendo devs will write one. I would actually argue that they probably will.

>Here is what I said
Whoever I first replied to agreed with
>The switch could likely do it
So that is what you said before you moved the goalposts.
>The Switch is technically capable of running a
Gamecube emulator.
Any computer is technically capable of running a gamecube emulator if you like 1 FPS. So that seems like a pointless thing to say.
>One already exists for similar hardware
Since the Switch's tegra X1 is super underclocked and the device is not designed for the shield's 1.9 ghz clock speeds, the hardware isn't really similar when we're talking about performance. The switch already has no battery life even when underclocked so enjoy your switch dying after 15 minutes and possibly being damaged.
>It is very unlikely that a functional Gamecube emulator will be made for the Switch.
Only sensible thing you've said.

>before you moved the goalposts.
It's literally what I said in my first post about it.
>Any computer is technically capable of running a gamecube emulator if you like 1 FPS.
There is an implied [full speed] there but I guess you're being deliberately obtuse because you hate being wrong.
>The switch already has no battery life even when underclocked so enjoy your switch dying after 15 minutes and possibly being damaged.
Good thing my Switch is docked 24/7.

>portable gamecube emulator
>my Switch is docked 24/7

Why emulate when you can use real hardware?
youtube.com/watch?v=4MqL7OUMaHE

Attached: PiiWii-ds1-1340x1340.png (1280x720, 898K)

shit dude metroid prime runs at like half speed on my crap ass blackberry priv surely on a phone with a modern gpu and processor with decent thermals it could reach full speed

A hacked Switch can emulate GCN.
Rayman 3 runs full speed.

the switch is not powerful enough to run dolphin because the switch isn't powerful enough to emulate a gamecube. its a first gen tegra and even overclocking the nvidia shield wont get you full speed in more than a handful of games

yeah the gamecube is not very powerful but that has nothing to do with emulating across drastically different processor architectures

Can confirm, I beat Mario Kart, Starfox, and Luigi's mansion on Dolphin running on the GPD Win 2 with excellent performance.

>ARM and PowerPC
>Drastically different
Dolphin runs on x86_64, which is actually drastically different to PowerPC.

Are there any phone controllers that don't look gay as fuck? Why do they always look like chink shit that I'd see from 2010

sure.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-14 21:24:22.png (863x1154, 264K)