Hongmeng OS

Why don't they just use BSD code? Is BSD code somehow bound by US trade restrictions?

Attached: huawei.jpg (440x440, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/business/461583-huawei-russia-android-replace/amp/
sputniknews.com/science/201906141075877147-apple-sales-europe-chinese-firms-huawei-crackdown/
worldview.stratfor.com/article/why-europe-wont-shut-door-huawei
straitstimes.com/world/europe/spanish-cities-to-get-5g-service-from-huawei-amid-us-blacklist-of-chinese-tech-giant
ubports.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't they take over Ubuntu Touch? They could also ship their Matebooks with Ubuntu.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x853, 154K)

Because they will base it on AOSP

Why don't they use Sailfish?

Does the Trump ban include non-Google Android apps?

Dude they can make an OS but that shit isn't going to be used outside of CHINKLAND.

No Google Play store, no worldwide support, nothing.

It's just gonna be some third rate shit with no developer support....it'll be Windows Mobile all over again, even worse.

they literally will for the Russian market

rt.com/business/461583-huawei-russia-android-replace/amp/

speak for yourself muttboy
sputniknews.com/science/201906141075877147-apple-sales-europe-chinese-firms-huawei-crackdown/
worldview.stratfor.com/article/why-europe-wont-shut-door-huawei

and just yesterday
straitstimes.com/world/europe/spanish-cities-to-get-5g-service-from-huawei-amid-us-blacklist-of-chinese-tech-giant

Nice.

I really hope this will give Sailfish some traction.

Don't mix up mobile phones with 5G networking.

European mobile ISP's will use Huawei's 5G networking technology.
But European consumers won't buy Huawei phones unless they can use Android apps on them.

so HOS?

Isn't Hongmeng supposed to be able to run android apps?

Why doesn't Huawei do what literally every US company do when they get into legal/political hot water and "close down" only to be have its resources bought again under a different name?

Thanks

>implying that the chinese comunist party will do that

it's so beautiful ;_;

Yeah that'll totally not be obvious at all.

Right in the feels

Doesn't matter if there is no Google Play Store.

>use bsd

dude huawei will basicly force xiaomi and the rest to use that OS
one way or another this is gonna be a huge blow to android and if the rumors of it being fucking super fast are true it will make more companies interested on it

Play store doesn't matter.

Nokia X strongly disagrees from the grave.

They won't care in China, they all use the same three giant sprawling do-everything apps.

ubports.com

No shit, that's what he said.

huawei comes with a deal about aptoide

everybody suddenly starts lobbying to unban huawei the very next day

It's not windows mobile again because nobody, not even burgers, used that OS and there were no good flagships back then.

>nobody

if that shit is as fast as they claim rest assure that MANY people will fork this shit and the ark compiler for their own phones

the problem is support purely support if they get traction android will get bitchslapped

Because it's easier to use open source Android and make a forked OS which keeps their smartphones compatible with some Android apps. Take my money, China, drool want gief me them android forked degoogled phones. Hongmeng OS sounds cool too. I would buy.

Attached: red android.png (512x512, 14K)

Just try telling phone users they can't install android apps on their China hongmeng phones, Trump disappoval or not.

I bet you one dollar they still will install. Even if it pisses off the Trump admin.

in few years the will dominate the market

What's the meaning of the Hongmeng word?

ching chongs probably don't trust the BSD code not to be backdoored by the american govt

>Huawei partners with a strictly european company that add an app that just asks the user the first time the phone is started if they want to automatically download and install Google Play Store

Find a flaw.

Not that I'd use hongmeiOS, but I personally don't/haven't installed, or use Google services on my Android phone.

>Sailfish devs charge $50 for sailfish
Russians are not going to pay that, so is huawei going to fork?

Because the Chinese are actually dumb but have brute force numbers

Question to the enlighten people of Jow Forums...

Wouln`t it be possible for Huawei to open the specs and allow alternative ROMs for example Lineage OS or whatever ..
Maybe with alittle help , for example an Windowstool , the customer would install the needed Android by theself.
All they have to do is.. Ohh we are soo sorry we dont want that..

Awww fuck nigger, Hongmeng? A word like Hongmeng just sparkles with quality. It’ll be easy to market for sure.

>girl: hey I think you’re cute, what phone OS is that anyway
>sinophile autist: *clears throat* *clears throat again to get rid of extra tenacious phlegm* WEELLLLL it’s the coolest and most secure and trustworthy Os, Hongmeng, and Hey! Where are you going
>girl: ugh, I was going to ask you if you wanted to have sex but Asians have small penises and so do Chinese phone users, like whatever!

Attached: D616FFEA-D096-45C5-A58E-EAD4FE22B015.jpg (804x1206, 96K)

They're also registered the word "Ark" in Europe if it matters to you.

Nah it’ll all be the same chinkshit small penis garbage.

Attached: 0B5CFB7D-6F10-406F-AF92-B78D1E19BB29.jpg (1080x1080, 212K)

Huawei giving out shit like that has been hit and miss, so yes, no, maybe.

huwei market is a BILLION DOLLAR MARKET FOR APP DESIGNERS/MAKERS.

you think ppl with give a fuck about the boycott , everybody will make money .

mutts are not welcomed here, chang

>small penis

this coming from the country that replaced horsepower with calories

When the fuck is this ban ending? I was about to buy one of their phones then that shit happened

>Ban
You could just buy a huawei phone if you really want one user. Nothing is stopping you.

I want updates down the road

What's stopping you from updating your custom ROM, are you dare I say one of those re-tards?

check.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-224913~2.png (529x305, 59K)

All programs and encryption go under the munitions act faggot. All OS parts of importance are american.

You're a retard.

>Custom rom
I haven't used one in years since companies are much better about updating now. I don't miss non working gps, wifi, bluetooth, etc because some pajeets fucked up

>open sourced software with source available
>under the munitions act like it's encryption, and it's the 90's

>hongmeng
why are chinks so retarded? their phones are and will still be sold in large numbers in Europe, yet they literally choose a CHING CHONG name

>since companies are much better about updating now
Confirmed for being a retard. You should at least know a thing about the thing you are posting about.
Also if you can't compile, port, and configure your own custom with all the tools/sources available to you today then you do not belong on >Jow Forums you dumb retarded gorilla faggot.

It's a lot less troublesome with gsi roms now, but I don't know how huawei's locked bootloaders are right now

I had no reason to ever rom my last 2 phones. Some companies actually keep android up to date

>I had no reason to ever rom my last 2 phones
You had no reason to make sure that your version of Android was free of preinstalled shitwarez?
I guess it's your fucking piece if shit phone, and your free to make the poorest fucking life choices when it comes to it.

That's for the binaries and tech support
If you compile it from source code they can't charge a dime from you just for the software

>if that shit is as fast as they claim rest assure that MANY people will fork this shit and the ark compiler for their own phones
Whatever you say, chang.

>That's for the binaries and tech support
It's for updates for supported devices.
>If you compile it from source code they can't charge a dime from you just for the software
Mer has source, and sailfish is proprietary.
So is huawei doing their own support, and building off of mer?

Since the primary OS used by the chinese government (and some other sectors) hasn't been BSD based for a while, it moved to being linux based what, 5 years ago or so? So they would either fork android, or would fork off the current ARM implementation of that.

Permissive licenses can be dual licensed and forked into a seperate tree under a single license.

This would allow a pretty nice walled garden for security because you can control all of userspace and not required to redistribute changes so it's obfuscated.

You control all API futures that allow 3rd party plugins.

Definately could be a good play for huawei.

They already don't fully comply with the GPL anyways so why not just go for permissive BSD?

Mer and Sailfish doesn't even come into the picture
Aurora OS is a fork of Sailfish OS under the Russians, if it's being offered to Huawei then they already have the access to source code

Ubuntu is dependent on Amazon, amazon is American company tl;dr hurr durr Trump.

>honk-honk os

An OS is completely useless if it doesn't have any third party software to run.

>AuroraOS
I was under the impression that they where going to use sailfish OS along with proprietary sailfishOS ip.
If they are just going to use an open sourced non proprietary fork then that's between them, and auroraOS (uses mer as a base btw).

>he has hongmeng
>isn’t that some kind of Chinese virus like fortnite? Lolol

Attached: 26951B0F-88D5-4A17-BAD8-AD7DB8AD1EFE.jpg (673x1024, 78K)