*makes every single other port obsolete bloat*

*makes every single other port obsolete bloat*

Heh, nothing personal kid.

Attached: usb+c.png (1280x854, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/2vf17
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based as fuck. We'd have tons of cheap USB C screens by now if not for the fucking luddites.

Hdmi 2.1 superior
everything else inferior

9 pin serial is better, change my mind.

Attached: serial.jpg (425x425, 15K)

lightning cable is better and easier to insert

That's not Super Speed Serial.

tpbp

type-c is fucking delicious.

You can run displayport 1.4 over USB c 3.2

>we're down to checking point releases and letter variants to discover what the fuck will work on some particular connector
this is a lame future, fuck this shit

also good luck making your own hardware to interface with this garbage fire

Attached: 1539821684630.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

I do find myself thinking that maybe a laptop with thunderbolt (Or USB4 when it drops) and an EGPU could replace my main desktop.

I wish this would hurry up and become more of a standard.

lightning has a better physical connector and i'll never forgive apple for screwing us out of it

It never will and the port will be changed in like 2-3 years.

You will never be allowed to own something that 'just works' into the future like the olden days.

dp 1.4 literally has half the usable speed of hdmi 2.1

>unnecessarily adds a data connection to everything

even DP 1.3 has 67.5% of the bandwidth

I love USB-C on my phone, but when I look at my huge hdmi cable I can't help but think USB-C would be a bad idea for that. It's just too flimsy.

retard

>lightning cable is better
It's just a fucking repinned USB2/3 connector.
Why do you think Apple is moving to USBC?

easier to insert in your dick hole lol gotem

I just wish it wasn't proprietary.
God, a peg going into a hole is so much simpler and more durable than a peg with a hole in it going into a hole with a peg in it.

Is it possible that Thunderbolt 3 might literally be the last port?

That's because it can.

To this day I have still seen more broken Lightning cables than any other in person.
That doesn't mean anything, but still.

Broken cables, or broken connectors?
Cuz if it's the cables then it's probably because of Apple's seething hatred for stress relief mechanisms. They think they're an eyesore.
But personally I've seen more bent USB-C pegs inside phones and laptops than anything.

Connectors.

Based.

Polling BUS users BTFO

>what is hdmi 2.1
>what is thunderbolt 3

Yeah no

I just want to take the time to thank the gods for the wondeful gift of USB-C
The fucking best connector of all fucking time

Attached: this-is-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen.jpg (299x168, 5K)

>thunderbolt3 over USBC
>hdmi through thunderbolt3 over USBC

I think that serial/UART won't ever die because of embedded stuff, including smartphones

Attached: Nexus-usb-debug.png (754x292, 18K)

I just wish it was more sturdy. It's way too flimsy to replace every other port.

>resistor across 4 and 5
So if it's a short it's OTG and it reads the resistance for other possible functionality? Apple's 30-pin worked like that, does this support anything other than OTG and UART?

I don't know about Nexus, some Samsung phones uses fsa9840 chip, depending on the resistir value on UBS port you can get regular USB, OTG, UART card dock mode, audio,additional buttons etc.

is there a way to enumerate the capabilities of the USB-C ports on my laptop? i know the right one will not let me charge. but i was wondering if it would list if it supports DisplayPort alternate mode or whatnot.

what do you niggers think usb4 is

The bloat is how absurdly difficult this is to make. Bloated cables.

It's actual fucking shit and it's absurdly fragile. Stop being retarded anytime.

Untrue

It's either going to make wonders or confuse the shit out of normies when everything uses the same port as their phones. It's a miracle none of my clients have managed to fry a phone yet when they have difficulties figuring out which port does the wifi cable fit.

trash with no backwards compatibility

*ahem*
that'd be micro usb

iCuck 11 is going to usb-C lmao

archive.fo/2vf17

I dont have anything against USB C, but kill all the dongle adapter manufacturers. They are overcharging the shit out of their stuff, greedy fucking kikes.

Its both port and connector are so fucking flimsy. Give me old USB any time of the day.

As of yet still being drawn up. They might drop a USB-D port on us for all we know

then you can give your computer the D

oops sorry user even apple dropped that shit

Attached: ipad-usb-c.jpg (1500x750, 74K)

Not until USB 4.0 comes around.

is there a dual-dvi to usb c dongle?