Why do people even bother buying 4K TVs? Are they a meme...

Why do people even bother buying 4K TVs? Are they a meme? I brought a 1080p TV recently and even THAT I feel like I got meme'd on. Almost every native broadcast is in 720p. Is it just for blu-ray and video games?

Attached: 1555571400779.jpg (460x288, 17K)

normdrones buy whatever the advertisers tells them to.

4K is the default

>watching talmudvision
there's your problem

sportsball is in 4K
have sex

Pretty much this. Also, all of them contain botnet features.

Makes sense, but wouldn't they notice that nothing they watch is being displayed at 4K?

No it's not?

Nothing wrong with that faggo. I like watching sports at HD.

Is it really? That's news to me then

That's why I didn't buy a smart TV. This TV I brought was literally one of maybe 4 TVs at best buy that weren't smart TVs.

this. it's a hot "feature" that all TVs have now. look at Samsung's entry lineup.

Because it turns out when people are offered a decent 1080p 120hz panel with perfect color reproduction or an entry level 4k 60hz with uniformity issues they take the 4k because it says 4k in the title. Because the amount of people doing proper research before buying a TV is < 0.001%, so budget 4k chinkshit took over.

no sportsball is not in 4k. The NFL basically said they're thinking about it, and mlb and nba haven't even acknowledged it. 4k is for movies and TV and that's it.

But when they actually broadcast sports in 4k it's gonna be fucking awesome.

>a decent 1080p 120hz panel with perfect color reproduction
In your fucking dreams. All 1080p TVs are bargain bin trash.

have sex in 4k.

if i had the option between a budget 4K and your decent 1080p panel i'd have taken the 1080p panel easily. those aren't competitive price-wise.

You're forgetting the fact that the average person is stupid and lazy, and hence knows jack shit about tvs and tech in general

that's weird because I watch sports on sportsnet 4K (i'm a leaf)
you can literally see the facial details of the fans way out in in the stands

you need to have netflix subscription with its hd content for your 4k television

Attached: 1501772044048.jpg (240x278, 12K)

720p/1080i: Normalfag TV shit
1080p: Poor console gamer
1440p: Poor PC Gamer with NEETbucks
4K: Patricians who invite their other rich friends over to watch 4K blurays.

Attached: tux.jpg (820x559, 100K)

Just bought an 8K Samsung.

1080p is exactly half of 4k, so running 1080p content is scaled correctly.

Having the option is nice. All my old games run at 4k, newer ones 1440p, then the shitters 1080p

Bought a 4K TV myself
Ultra crysp text, good for image editing too (if calibrated decently)
Also capable of 1080p @120fps
other than that no much use
Netflix is garbage, but 4K HDR is awesome

Legacy programs also upscale like shit so it's impractical for everyday use. Mostly I use my PC in 1080p and when I need to work on HiRes images I switch to 4k

If you do the math, you have to sit closer than two screen diagonals to even see the difference between SD and HD. Using that same math, you'd have to sit closer than one screen diagonal to see the difference between HD and 4K.

It's a fucking meme.

I'm still on a very large 720p plasma screen which looks better than any of the trash which has come out since. It uses more power than a hot water heater on full blast though, and also serves as a very handy local radio jammer.

But I'm not getting rid of it. I probably only use it about 3-4 hours per week.

Laserdisc > Blu-Ray

Attached: il_794xN.1577331643_ran1.jpg (794x1092, 149K)

Wrong. 1080p is exactly one-quarter 4K

... Which allows perfect scaling because 4 pixels scale into 1 pixel.

>broadcast
people watch live broadcast tv still?

yes