/spg/ - Smartphone General

Soap Bar Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: letsgodigital_samsung_s11_june12_01.jpg (711x436, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KND_bBDE8RQ
xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are the huawei nova 3/p30 lite/mate 20 lite good phones? or should I go for something like a moto g7 power or zenphone max m2?

What is better to take Xiaomi Mi 9T for $ 339 or mi 9 SE for $ 275?

9t if you can afford it, but i bet you can find something better than the SE for the price

Ok. Thanks!

>no notch, no pills, no moles

Thank you based Google.

Attached: D89TdDMWwAAiKAM.jpg (2560x1600, 403K)

watch them price it as $800

There's already a thread open.

Could I get some good old twrp/flashing help?
My phone boots normally into RR 7.0 but when I go into my twrp, storage is 0mb and when I try to wipe it complains about /vendor being busy.
How tf do I get control back over twrp so I can flash another rom and maybe orangefox recovery? I don't have an sd-card

Is there anything that would be a good replacement for the Moto G5+ with some more recent hardware that will work on Verizon? Mine is slowly dying of random hardware failures.The hard limit on what I want to spend on a phone is $400. Don't need flagships just a good workhorse like the G5 was in 2016.

>absolutely hate notches and punchhole selfiecameras
>have note 9
>note 10 will have punch hole camera
>have no interest in upgrading
>note 11 will surely have flip-up or under-screen camera
>note 9 will yield less return when trading it in for new note 11

I can't believe I've stooped this low to care so much about new phones..

on which phone is this based?

Attached: aa.jpg (1440x810, 72K)

also they removed the iris scanner and the IR and the FM AND there is a hole in the screen for double the price. Samsung is the Android Apple

That retard forgot to write /spg/ in the subject.

It's not just Samshit, fucking everyone is compromising out the ass. It's absolutely pissening. That's why I'm getting the Zenfone 6, it's maybe the last phone that won't compromise now that Xiaomi too has started doing it (no SD card support on the K20 Pro, and they had no SD slot/jack on the Mi Mix 3). JUST

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE RELEASE DATE ON THE FUCKING ZENFONE 2 IN BURGERLAND!?

This Huashit Honor 8 I have can barely hold 2 hours SoT and its fucking with my ability to work.

Attached: 1453896293869.jpg (640x628, 77K)

flash a gsi twrp image

Hey /spg/, which app do you use to create backups of apps on Android?

I've used TitaniumBackup for years but just noticed that if you enable even the weakes encryption it absolutely demolishes backup write speed (less than 1MB per second). My backups are around 4GB so it's a real problem.

user, please suggest a good backup app that has encryption.

Attached: ti_icon_dimetric_new_plat_256_rc.gimp_adjusted_curves_x128_y140_saturation_plus10.png (256x256, 84K)

titanium backup is currently the best
optionally, encrypt the backup folder by hand

i really wanna buy a used lg g6 because of the fucking unbeatable price here
does it have some hardware problems like the g5?

I prefer OandBACKUP solely because titanium backup is sketchy as fuck

also active /spg/ is over this way

It's gonna be 900,and they will steal your information

I'm looking for the watch worn by Micheal Stevens in this video : youtu.be/KND_bBDE8RQ
I was thinking of a xiaomi band but it's too rectangular for that, any ideas ?

Attached: MSwatch.png (435x310, 55K)

Any super simple ROMs for op2. Good battery life, mainly for text and calling

PLEASE let the Pixel 4 look like this, I will gladly take a little bezel over a fucking retarded notch or hole punch any day, and I feel most people would, too.

>implying there's an android (or apple) phone that doesn't

It's all the same shit

I am considering buying a Mi 9T. Thoughts?
It will be released here in 2 days, at a price of 299€.

Attached: Mi-9T-.jpg (1200x893, 54K)

received mine today, it rocks
nice upgrade after 5 years on my sony xperia z3

>nice upgrade after 5 years on my sony xperia z3
I'm glad to find someone else who doesn't buy a smartphone every year.

My Xiaomi Mi4 is performing worse and worse, the battery is dying, I can barely do anything with just 16GB of memory, and I sometimes get random reboots. But hey, it "works".

Is the Pixel 3 at £500-600 worth it compared to other phones on the market currently?

Big if true, but doubt it.

Reasonably sized top and bottom bezel is ideal over any other configuration.

Phones have gone to shit because dumb trendy fucks (Apple) deemed we must sacrifice everything for more screen real estate, even if you have a fucking notch that makes it useless. And worse still, everyone followed that shit trend.

Would you jump off a bridge if Apple did? Fucking 99% of the tech industry would.

that looks like a vintage Pulsar LED watch from the '70s, not a chinkshit health band

Not when the 3a is out.

3a isnt good specs for the price compared to any chinkphone. You're paying 150-200 more for identical specs.

Half that price is the camera, and shitty Chinese phones never get updates.You're paying for a much superior software experience, specs don't matter at this point.

>>I'm glad to find someone else who doesn't buy a smartphone every year.
My phone is 2 and a half years old and I'm having to replace it because the battery got so shit and replacing it would be like $70. At that point i'd rather drop 300-400 on a new phone. Thanks for that development guys.

Xiaomi devices get updates for years, though you might be right about some of the others. Tbh who needs a camera that fancy though, i'd rather have a better proc

Is the pocomeme still the best bang for the buck phone right now? (Assuming you're not cucked by bands)

Attached: 1553451977300.jpg (1040x936, 150K)

when is the zenfone coming out in NA

xiaomi 9t bro

Right, thank you, that's pretty close but it doesn't correspond to any model from that era, also the case seems a lot more boxy and thick than the 70's pulsar models
Maybe it's some sort of replica or hommage watch ?

Will the s11 have an asshole punch?

>half that price is the camera
Then spend half that price on a real camera, and get any other chinkshit with better specs.

I got mine yesterday, it's really great.

Asus zenfone 6?
Is this a good idea, and where do I buy the versions with more ram/storage?

PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL

>no headphone jack
very based indeed!

Attached: image.jpg (1422x1626, 377K)

>just two cameras
>probably no lovely gamechanging telephoto lens tech, 2nd lens is definitely a wide angle one
fuck this. The photos had better look DSLR tier.

Specs/price?

Sure, if you don't care about the lack of an OLED panel. Apart from the no-compromise features and top tier hardware, there's lots of Asus sponsored dev support for custom ROMS and apps like Gcam
xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/

>SD855, 6 gb, 128/256 is a given I expect. I seriously doubt they'll start the base model at 64gb, that would be batshit insane at their prices.
You can expect it to be around $1000-$1300 at launch. Not a penny less than $1000, guaranteed.

Asus 6 it is then. Anyone know where to buy one (the 30th anniversary version)?

Zero clue, maybe mail Asus and they'll let you know a tentative, if not a confirmed date.

>mail Asus
I tried the web chat button, and it sent me to the rma/troubleshooting type page. Fucking niggers.

Yeah mail them direct or ask on Twitter. There's no word out yet though so you should just wait a few.

Haven't really looked at the smartphone market since I got my moto G 5+. I've been a fan of the G line for quite some time, but i heard the recent models kinda suck. What's out there now that's similar?
>U.S, compatible with Cricket.
>$199 ballpark.
>5.25 ish screen.
>Good battery life
>Little to no bloat, preferably stock Android.
> Expandable storage and headphone jack are huge plusses.

Nokia 7.1. Moto G7 Power exists but the screen is about 1 inch bigger than what you want, it certainly has you covered for battery life though.

How bad are helio x23, x27, p70's?
Can they run wii, and Ds emulators?

G5S Plus is so good for its price that for only $200 you may as well not bother upgrading unless you want a used S8.

I'm buying a phone for Father's Day.

OFFICIAL RANKING OF SELFIE CAM WORKAROUNDS TO A BEZEL-LESS DISPLAY
1. Under-display (likely coming in 2020)
2. A very small notch
3. Just have a small top bezel/forehead
4. Pop-up cameras
5. Sliding mechanism
6. A large notch (Pixel, iPhone)
7. Flip-up camera
8. Holepunch

What's a decent phone that's not a laggy pos and will stay that way for a while?
Only criterion is 4GB of ram or more, not Samsung or Chinese, not humongous, and has acceptable battery life.
I have a big boy job now, so price isn't much of an issue, but I don't want to waste money on stupid gimicks.

Wait for under display selfie cams next year

>Not Samsung, or Chinese
Ummm... Apple is what you wanted me to post, right?

G5S Plus is $140 new. It's the best value US phone.

Sometimes when I plug my phone in, it just says "charging".
Other times, it says "charging rapidly".

How do I control this? Google keeps telling me to go to battery settings but my Umidigi F1 Play has no relevant options.

Got a Poco running pixel experience and can't fault it

>rounded display corners

Attached: 1556127559035.png (1000x1000, 168K)

Is the poco F1 still viable? Gonna get a new phone soon. am in netherlands.

Max pro m2

that's your fault for buying one of the shittiest manufacturer's phones.

i think fast charge only works to a certain point, then it just slow charges. you can't fast charge to 100%

Might get the s10e what iam I in for lads

Attached: IMG_2794.png (344x343, 162K)

Used one for a year or so until I broke the antenna connector during a repair and I can vouch for it being great.
Just install a rom other that miui if youre not into that kind of thing.

why not get a k20 pro/mi 9t? Same price tier, newer generation everything (new processor, oled screen, newer selfie cam tech). Poco F1 will still work, sure, but it's way less of a bargain now than it was last year when k20 is essentially the same price and significantly improved in most areas.

A good phone with an excellent screen.

>that's your fault for buying one of the shittiest manufacturer's phones.
I picked it over the redmi after a recommendation from here about a month ago, and I don't regret it at all. I still can't find a phone with better specs or aesthetics at its price point. The 6GB ram in particular is what sold me on it.

Just wanted to know about the charging is all. I'm fine with it either way, I have enough time in the morning to get it past 90% anyways. Thank you.

Planning on lineage OS, basic but works.

I'll look into it, thanks.

if you think "a very small notch" is preferable to punchhole you are a retard.

>G5S Plus is $140 new. It's the best value US phone.
That fucking phone isnt even on 9.0 and it's got a quite old SD625 at this point.

ngl the black one is sexy as fuck. It's nice to see bezels around

>Thinking either is okay

they're not, but he's still ranking them

Black out the notch and you'll see the small waterdrop notch looks a lot more seamless than a corner holepunch. Even without that, it looks a lot better.

You should black out your eyes, because you really need a beating. Some might say that you're achin for a breakin.

I can get the "normal" version on the 17th, but the pro one is available on a not yet disclosed date.
Dislike that, don't want 64gb. I do want a new phone quickly, my note 3 is shitting itself lmao

>he wants a random hole in the middle of the screen
>as opposed to a smaller hole on the edge of a screen

fucktard brainlet lmfao

Yeah I ranked punchole at the very bottom you fucking utter retard

>wants the hole
user youre really cruisin for a bruisin aren't ya.

You won't find something with greater specifications new with US bands for less tham $200.

yeah you're a fucking retard

When you rank something dead last, it means it's the worst. I don't know if you're actually that dumb or what. I wasn't saying it was good, I was saying it was the worst. Don't know if your caveman brain can comprehend a fucking basic ass concept like this though :/

>a fucking hole in the display is better than another hole in the dusplay
Both are shit, and you're definitely aimin for a maimin, mister.

It is because it doesn't waste the screen between the edge and the hole punch. I really don't understand how you can possibly be this unintelligent. Like significantly more unintelligent than anyone else I've talked to in possibly years.

>doesn't waste the screen between the edge, and the (((hole))) punch.
A hole on the screen is like having an asshole on your elbow you dumb ignorant useless waste of space.

>this is better than a punchhole in a miniscule unimportant position that's irrelevant 99% of the time
you're a braindead irrelevant nigger dumbfuck which is why your notch got phased out in 2018

Attached: dims.jpg (453x193, 8K)

this

Hello Brainlet,

You must've gotten confused. I listed "Large notches" 6th, only slightly better than "Brainlet holepunches" and "Gay boy flip cameras"

Small notches are actually in a miniscule unimportant position, unlike hole punches, which waste as much space as a large notch and block important notifications on most apps.

Hopefully you achieve your GED soon, maybe a 3rd grade teacher would allow you to sit in and learn how to read again before your next GED attempt

Sincerely,
RANKINGS GURU

Fixed it for you:
ACTUAL OFFICIAL RANKING OF SELFIE CAM WORKAROUNDS TO A BEZEL-LESS DISPLAY
1. Under-display (likely coming in 2020)
2. Pop-up cameras
3. Flip-up camera
4. Just have a small top bezel/forehead
5. Sliding mechanism
6. A very small notch
7. A large notch (Pixel, iPhone)
8. Holepunch

>notch vs hole punch
This is like arguing about which one of your nuts would be better to have kicked in.

What is currently the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon Soc?

SD855 which is soon to be replaced by the next gen.

Fixed it for you:
ACTUAL OFFICIAL RANKING OF SELFIE CAM WORKAROUNDS TO A BEZEL-LESS DISPLAY
1. Under display (likely coming in 2020)
2. Just have a small top bezel/forehead
3. Pop-up cameras
4. Sliding mechanism
5. Flip-up camera
6. A very small notch
7. A large notch (Pixel, iPhone)
9. Holepunch