Do you make webms with the two pass on or off?

do you make webms with the two pass on or off?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-15 01-17-32.png (1366x768, 803K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
developers.google.com/media/vp9/bitrate-modes/#vp9_bitrate_modes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not gonna tell you, faggot.

Off to dial in file size then 2-pass for final one.

Always go for the second wipe

Two pass has better quality.

>on or off
I didn't realise ffmpeg had toggle switches now.

Why even bother? Most boards have very low file size limitations.

>why even bother using an option that increases quality on your low file size .webms
Gee, I dunno.

you can make longer webms and still retain good quality if you turn on two pass

You do know that two-pass in that script isn't working, right?

wait, mpv can make webms? how?

With ffmpeg.

put the mpv script in your .config folder in my documents

i am assuming you have linux. i don't where the .config folder is on windows

Attached: 8bcd55f9d702ec8bbfa4da3e776f799d.jpg (1142x1600, 212K)

i don't know where*

Stick with 2-pass encoding. libvpx's bitrate control for single pass encodes is broken, so not only do you increase the overall quality, you're also more likely to hit the targeted file size.
Single pass encodes are only useful for low (and I mean really low) bitrate encodes as it produces a more consistent quality than 2 passes. Not sure if that's just another one of libvpx's quirks or the result of some unfortunate default settings.

>not using webm for bakas
no help from me

always 2pass everything, retard

>tfw Jow Forums probably will never support av1 or avif

I type ffmpeg -i INPUT OUTPUT.webm into the command prompt and that's it. What the f*ck is a "two pass"?

>ffmpeg -i INPUT OUTPUT.webm
that will default to vp9 which you can't even post on Jow Forums.

for me, it's boram
>inb4 needing a gui
enjoy spending 5minutes to crop a video

Attached: 1541767957966.png (856x924, 411K)

Attached: file.png (777x130, 16K)

For me, it's webm for retards.
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Attached: 1554524933336.png (1448x1920, 686K)

Attached: 1558207184898.png (2186x1408, 530K)

S-source? That ass is cute.

webm.py makes 2 ffmpeg passes by default.
It also makes vp9 webms by default, so use -v8 -an to make no sound, libvpx for Jow Forums
and -l 3 to fit 3Mib limit.
-speed 0 helps the quality a little.
ffmpeg time params and most other ffmpeg opts work, but for those that don't, just use -fo
>example: -fo='-aspect 16:9' (equal sign is mandatory)

This is how I make webms, and I make quite a few:
ffmpeg -hide_banner -ss $START -i $INPUT -t $LENGTH -c:v vp8 -quality best -cpu-used 0 -crf 10 -b:v $BITRATE -an -sn $OUTPUT

Attached: degiko_ed.webm (640x480, 194K)

I always wipe at least 3 to 4 times to make sure there's no left over shit

According to ffmpeg documentation, 2 pass encoding is primarily for output file size control, but in the case of webm, there's a small quality improvement, mostly in terms of artifacts on static backgrounds.
Here's webm.py example, a 93M 1140p, one minute and 37 second mp4 transcoded to a 3M 480p. A bit ragged at first but it gets fairy smooth, I should have scaled it a bit smaller for a clip that long.
webm.py -i Videos/Youtube/The\ future\ ain\'t\ the\ same\ as\ it\ used\ to\ be-340414804.mp4 -vp8 -an -speed 0 -vh 480 -l 3 out.webm

Attached: out.webm (853x480, 2.96M)

Attached: Miyawaki Sakura 1st Solo Photobook Making Video-[11.30.856-11.34.593].webm (742x720, 1.32M)

When did Google introduce better multithreading to libvpx? I can suddenly reach 60-80% CPU usage on my Ryzen 2700x for 1080p.

T-thank you!

How old is she? She looks like 14 wtf

On of course, assuming you mean webms which are intended for Jow Forums. With the file size limitation being so tiny for a video, every little bit which can help increase quality helps.

>but in the case of webm, there's a small quality improvement
2-pass encoding in general is used to increase the perceived quality by distributing bits where they are needed most (i.e. scenes with lots of movement).

Maybe you should edit the official ffmpeg documentation with that revision.

Where does it say otherwise? Not that I'd be surprised.

I make all my webms with VP9 so no one can re-upload them to Jow Forums/nel unless they re-encode them first.

Attached: 1559321548993.jpg (2448x3264, 2.02M)

your documents?

enjoy 1gb of ram comsumed just to encode a webm

these fuckers know exactly what the fuck they're doing putting quality asian ass on my screen. Of course I'm gonna click this shit

Japanese women are supremely rapeable

Attached: buena.gif (360x360, 85K)

ffmpeg vp9 encoding has two 2 pass modes.
specifying bitrate will target primarily filesize.
specifying a crf will target primarily quality.

Don't forget constrained quality.
developers.google.com/media/vp9/bitrate-modes/#vp9_bitrate_modes

I hate that newer trim where you have the preview. The delay when looking for the right time is retarded.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i wanna put my dick in that

Does it matter? Ain't those files throwaway anyways.

>100mb ram usage during encode
how will i recover

Attached: 1538668750945.png (712x112, 10K)

How low is low?

I heard slices decrease quality, all it does is slice them for multi thread speed up

low

vp9 actually has separate 2pass modes depending on if you're specifying bitrate or specifying qualiity.
>bitrate will concentrate of filesize control
>quality will concentrate on quality.
vp8 2pass is aimed at filesize control, regardless of whether you specify a bitrate or a quality, even if there's a minor quality improvement.

If I want absolutely consistent quality for libvpx-vp9, do I do single or two pass? I'm using crf 45 so I need every frame to look consistently decent

Depends on the resolution, but

What you describe rather sounds like basic encoder logic.

I was planning on making some webms soon by jotting down the times and later have something batch convert these scenes.
How would I best go on about that?

Can notepad ffmpeg even trim based on frames instead of times?

Which script

>being attracted to insectoids
>flat asses
>manly hips
>no tits
>flat face with crooked teeth that sticks out like a horse mouth
>slit-eyed
yikes from me

Attached: lol.jpg (1140x891, 234K)

-ss, -to and -t only accept time input. You can limit the output to a specific frame count though.

I leave it off. I noticed two pass always screws up the frame rate and causes a slight stutter. Very slight, I didn't even notice it for like the first 50 videos I did. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's just fucked.

everything that has a fixed file size and doesn't get "streamed" (as in live streams where bandwidth per second is important WHILE watching) should be encoded in multiple steps, so that the optimal bitrate curve can be calculated... so yes, Jow Forums webms should be encoded with a secondary pass

I wanna see her soles

Miyawaki Sakura

Attached: Sakura-Miyawaki-Feet-3362918.jpg (1600x1066, 196K)

Attached: Sakura-Miyawaki-Feet-3570056.jpg (1111x1348, 172K)

Attached: 1560610804276.jpg (1200x911, 128K)

I had a problem with 60 fps videos becoming 59 and some odd milliseconds which drove me nuts, I thought NVENC was missing frames

I'd nyo in her gema, if you know what I mean.