Monitor Speakers VS HiFi Speakers

which are best for listening to music?

Attached: studio-monitors-vs-hi-fi-speaker.png (1200x628, 479K)

headphones
/thread

the one you have with you

thats for beta virgins

define "studio monitors"

speakers of all sizes and designs, often active and bi- or triamped

idk shit like rokit or lbs305

that definition is vague eough that it can include "all speakers" including these

Attached: 00h0h_jmACZW0qDJ_1200x900.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

if you can use them to monitor sound in a studio why not

because i dont think an actual studio which intends to stay in business and so professional work would relay on something designed for "hurr boomy gaymes"

It depends. There are good and shitty studio monitors, and good and shitty hi-fi speakers. They're just fancy terms to denote powered or passive speakers, but there isn't anything inherently different in their sound, they're all speakers. Just do your research individually and see what suits your needs.

no one cares what it's made for, stuff like that is used all the time in studios to monitor "badly" same as things like auratones and ns10s served that purpose

Attached: a.jpg (824x550, 450K)

It hardly matters, but the answer is regular passive speakers.

Just listen to a few speakers & choose the ones you like best.
Studio monitors are designed to have a (relatively) flat response curve across the whole range of human hearing (20hz to 30khz). HiFi speakers will be able to reproduce sound through that range, but will not necessarily be flat. They might reproduce the sound a bit more high or low. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, since many people have a preference for this "colored" sound reproduction.

local audio stores dont stock monitor speakers

go to a music store for that

Never heard of a pro audio store?

I would go with studio monitors because you can use an EQ to sweeten the sound for your liking if you so choose, meanwhile you can't make consumer speakers flat without expensive equipment.

we dont have
nah theyll just shill me their product and put me off

stick with headphones then

Kekd

headphones are shit, dont let you experience the music properly.. just incel shit for meek soys who cant afford houses

and for people who are too lazy to go to a place to compare speakers at

k dyel

Studio monitors are just speakers, marketed differently or that have a very specific purpose (like those horrible small one-driver speakers).