Do you use telegram, Jow Forums?

Attached: tele.png (512x512, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

securemessagingapps.com
t.me/yamashirogumi
t.me/AltMemes
tok.life/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes for a couple of channels. Not much to say about it desu.

Yep ditched my Whatsapp this week

yes. their telegram desktop software is top notch for linux

Speaking of which, what's the best desktop client for Windows?

fucking hate whatsapp so much, have to keep using it because of normie friends and relatives.
they dont have a linux desktop version at all, and their windows one is written using motherfucking electron

I use Signal instead

I just said fuck it and took the redpill
Lost a bunch of contacts in the process but managed to bring a few with me
People who actually care about you will follow you
And as a bonus you won't have to deal with normie memes on their status

>People who actually care about you

Attached: 1518993694004.jpg (800x559, 128K)

Last week, l337 h4xx0rz hired by the left leaked talks in tele by a then-judge Minister with a prosecuter in Brazil, killing all the chances of a modernization on penal laws, exposing security flaws in the app

It’s the only way to communicate.

Attached: 8B0ED0C6-CAED-4CCE-A073-FBFF80523D67.png (750x1334, 438K)

Yep, my whatsapp avatar even says "use telegram"

>Lost a bunch of contacts in the process but managed to bring a few with me

Normal people would just use both. I use Skype, Discord and Signal because I have different acquaintances on them all.

Attached: 1410028182448.jpg (600x600, 36K)

I hope it's not written in j*avascript?

>Furry

Lmao amazing telegram user example

C/C++

My clients from Iran and Iraq insist on using it so I switched to it last year. Been using it with my close group of friends and it's fine. The web interface is much better than WhatsApp.

I’m not a furry but my friends are. I tell them daily to yiff in hell.

Attached: D0F713A2-A1B7-4BDD-86BC-942A4A381918.jpg (750x1334, 115K)

No, but I use Wire.

securemessagingapps.com

Still just as bad

Sure, here's my handle: t.me/yamashirogumi

Telegram is a large thing where i live, everyone uses it. Its comfy having both your dms and channels in one app, and they offer basic encryption. Pretty good for daily communication.

are you russian? ive been told ruskis have telelgram programming channels which are pretty good, wanna learn russian to see what its like desu

Actually it's very buggy on linux, at least in my experience.
I can't select an output device when playing media (actually right now voice notes don't even start), and during downloads of stuff it hits very unnatural CPU spikes..
Oh and it leaks. Like, a lot. I mean maybe not proper leaks but the stuff it loads on ram.. Just stays there, forever.

Telegram is filled with programmer channels all around the world
I'm not though

not quite, im from ukraine. Although telegram is banned in russia, there is a huge amount of them in here. And yes, there are a lot of russian channels, not only programming ones. I can't really speak about those, i mostly browse general linux/foss channels.

it just seems like its more mainstream in russian so comparably alot more people using it, seems cool desu

Attached: Screenshot_20190615_201141.png (576x997, 297K)

All the techie and bizbro guys in my country use it. I don't see the advantage over Whatsapp besides not being owned by zucc.

prolly not as secure as some of the other chat apps

but i got all my frens to use it, and the stickers are pretty comfy

Attached: 1505978444018.png (393x416, 291K)

>stickers

no. at this point it's even worse than whatsapp. use signal and threema instead.

this. telegram rolled their own encryption and it is fucking trash

I wish everyone would just use fucking Signal

I fucking hate whatsapp too, it's probably secure but it's shit and has an ugly as fuck theme.
sending images/videos is so much better on telegram

i did, because of client i got who required me to work over Telegram and scammed me few commissions later on. The platform is aight i guess, just no people

Yeah I own t.me/AltMemes

Attached: they took this from us.png (564x563, 442K)

Yeah

Yes, enforced by employer.
All my actual contacts are in skype and steam.

If you want to buy drugs in EU you have telegram or at least in my country

>government bans and actively blocks telegram for not giving up encryption keys
>20% of users switch out
>80% educate themselves on VPNs and proxies
>80% more switch TO telegram
Thanks Zharov.

telegram user base is 60% furries

"I have never had to deal with as big of a bitch as the manager at this Starbucks...."
>Furry

Attached: absolutemadman.png (378x357, 81K)

so is discord yet we're all using it so what's the point unless we devise yet another plan by the hacker known as Jow Forums

Is that Olan

yeah for red ice and a bunch of foreign news

I have never had to deal with as big of a bitch as the manager at this Starbucks. Right off the bat she was rude. They broke the nozzle on tap 2 and I tried to talk to her but she was kind of ignoring me while she was doing the hot food stuff. So I waited a few minutes and then tried to explain to her that because of that part it can’t be fixed and the entire tap needs to be replaced and she just said ok. And so I waited another few minutes because it was just weird the way she was acting. Then I brought my tablet and said “like I said, the part will need to be replaced and either we will need to order it or luckily one of my coworkers will have it so it will come faster” and she just said ok again and then I said to her “alright well, if I could get a signature so we could start ordering the part and get the ball rolling” and she looked at the tablet then said in an attitude “I want to see the paperwork for what I’m signing” and I told her that there isn’t really anything that I can show you that I didn’t say and you won’t really understand” and as soon as I was going to attempt to show her she instantly turned around and said she won’t sign and went back to work. So I just grabbed my bag and walked outside and closed the call as compete and that she refused to sign for the part.

Yes. It’s about the pizza family and we have a rat.

Sorry to hear about that, I never had those issues and it never crashed on me once desu. I'm also using the standalone binary if that's any consolation.

Way to not get technology or Brazilian politics. The only thing exposed was retarded opsec by retarded officials, such as not enabling 2FA, not using private groups and keeping message history all the way back to 2015.

How do you not enable 2FA on telegram? You have to at least confirm your phone number via SMS code.

>someone typed all of this
made it through the first sentence, the manager obviously won. didn't read the rest

There is an additional step where a password can be created to be used alongside the SMS confirmation. One of the prosecutors hacked lost access to his telegram account because the hacker turned it on to protect his own access lol

Absolutely based.
I'm stuck there until university ends because of a few group chats where information about the courses gets exchanged. Fuck this.

>they dont have a linux desktop version at all
???

Attached: Screenshot_20190615_190930.png (1920x1080, 773K)

yes, all of my plugs use it.

Signal has no stickers. This is important for girls.
Telegram has 1.5gb file transfer limit. You do want your gf's uncompressed 4k lewds don't you?
Also, whether this is good or bad depends on the use case but if jamal steals your phone you can just log in from a new one and all your chats will be there no matter what because it's in the cloud. With signal, if you made no backups then say goodbye to conversations that potentially had sentimental value to you.

Is it a real program or a fucking web browser?

What distro/de?

>Signal has no stickers. This is important for girls.
They could do a better job with their user features/UI

>Telegram has 1.5gb file transfer limit. You do want your gf's uncompressed 4k lewds don't you?
Fug, I don't even know what the file-transfer limit for Signal is.

>Also, whether this is good or bad depends on the use case but if jamal steals your phone you can just log in from a new one and all your chats will be there no matter what because it's in the cloud. With signal, if you made no backups then say goodbye to conversations that potentially had sentimental value to you.
You could also argue that these are features that make Signal more secure. But I see your point. Normies don't care about security. I wish we could have both

Browser lmao

Arch/KDE

No way
>Giving your phone number ever to a chat program
And yet people have issues with discord

>I'm not a furry but
Pottery

Switch to Signal now rather than later.

Garbage botnet commi shit.

>NO end2end encryption in normal chats or groups
>CLOUD based all shit is stored UNENCRYPTED in their datacenters
>REQUIRES PHONENUMBER (in my country it is illegal to operate a phonenumber that isnt registered to a valid name)
>HEAVILY CENSORED on IOS (how do they do that without spying ?)
>Furries got FUCKED hard by its "privacy" (google #torturefiles #keroisoverparty)

Attached: USGov_Botnets.jpg (1000x668, 762K)

>I remain friends with furries instead of excommunicating them immediately

Attached: image.jpg (800x750, 271K)

no i'm not a terrorist
i use wire/signal if i want private IM

>in my country it is illegal to operate a phonenumber that isnt registered to a valid name
Lol, what kind of dystopian shit is that?

Btw if you need even more privacy that what Signal offers, there's Tok. It doesn't even require a phone number or any personally identifiable information for that matter.

tok.life/

its quite common in europe due to anti-TeRrOrIsM lAwS

it's decent compared to commie whatsapp and the likes
>CLOUD based all shit is stored UNENCRYPTED in their datacenters
no not really
>>REQUIRES PHONENUMBER (in my country it is illegal to operate a phonenumber that isnt registered to a valid name)
stop living in a shit country
it's ironic, you have to live in a commie shithole if your privacy is so violated you need to die your ID if u want a sim card
>>HEAVILY CENSORED on IOS (how do they do that without spying ?)
>>Furries got FUCKED hard by its "privacy" (google #torturefiles #keroisoverparty)
nobody cares about degenerates,a.k.a apple users and furries

>no not really
its stored along the encryptionkeys though....

Everyone and their grandma uses telegram in Russia. People who still use WhatsApp or VK are considered freaks.

No. It's centralized, proprietary, server code is unavailable, has weird home-grown encryption, binds itself to the most spied on and insecure system - your phone and your number, and it's made by a guy who has ties to FSB and who made VK, a Facebook clone which now allows FSB to jail its users on a weekly basis.

Stay the fuck away from this shit.

Stay
the
fuck
away

Attached: 14844932734720.jpg (960x720, 56K)

Hohol?

No one makes clones but Telegram's CEO!

Cтeклoмoя пepeпил и тeпepь хoхлы мepeщaтcя? Oкcтиcь, пидopaхa, пoкa чac жaтвы нe пpoбил.

yep

Spotted the FSB incel

no

Либepaш, cocнeшь хyйцa, кaк и вce тeбe пoдoбныe. A cвoю cтpaнy я люблю и дaм пизды, ктo пocмeeт тaк o нeй выpaжaтьcя, тaк чтo eбaлo зaвaли.

Oй блять, пизды oн дaвaть coбpaлcя, кoмнaтный бeтмeн нaш. Штaны yжe пpocтиpaл тo? Или вce cидишь зacиpaeшьcя в cвoeм кpымгoвнoтpeдe? Bы — пoднoжнoe гoвнo, вы нихyя нe любитe cвoю cтpaнy, вы зaмызгaли пaтpиoтизм cвoими гoвнoтpяпкaми и тeпepь вoняeтe пo вceмy интepнeтy. Cкaжи чecтнo, y тeбя coвecть вooбщe ecть? Пpoтивнo видeть чтo тaкиe дeгeнepaты кaк ты дaжe здecь нaхoдятcя. Tьфy нa тeбя, yбeйcя.

Либepaш пopвaлcя, бaльзaм нa дyшy. Bыдaвить бы вac вceх к чepтям coбaчьим.

nice try chink gov

Чтo зa oтвeты из жoпы? Maмкa cпaть yжe гoнит? Pathetic.

>Do you use telegram, Jow Forums?
Nigger, you cannot send telegrams from the post office anymore. They discontinued telegrams some 25 yrs ago!

Attached: Brezhnev-on-the-phone.jpg (600x520, 61K)