/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards bumped by ~15% performance while retaining their price points. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/#MemoryPR
community.amd.com/thread/226806
techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_9700K/12.html
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/apl6uj/cheap_unknown_brand_1440p_monitor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have some interesting situation:

I will buy Nvidia GPU 100%, so I will not buy free-sync for sure.
The problem is I cannot find decent gsync compatible monitor on local market.
The monitor I need is AW2518H but only AW2518HF exists here. What do?

Looking for a short GPU to fit in prodigy case with hard drive rack installed.
Preferably AMD.
What choice do I have?

>I will buy Nvidia GPU 100%, so I will not buy free-sync for sure.
You know freesync supports Nvidia GPUs now.
Zotac do the best mini cards.
Don't know about amd cards though. Though honestly that would be the worse option since they already run hot so a mini version would be a disaster.
Why AMD? Fanboyism is a waste of money

Who else is buying a cheap, Amazon warehouse Asus ROG Strix X470-F instead of the overpriced X570 bullshit?

>Zotac
That's a funny way of spelling Gigabyte.

>Gigabyte
Pretty sure he said best, not worst.

Why did you suggest the worst then?

So, how much would I miss with freesync montior instead of gsync?

Nothing, actually your wallet will be heavier

All brands have good models. It's about researching the model, not the brand

Why do you guys hate intel, is it just a meme?

Also how much ram is really needed for playing games at max settings

im boutta shoot myself. i cant get xmp to work on my b450m pro4. (PV48G300C6K is the id or whatever). Ive updated UEFI and the best clock i can get is 2400 or some shit. CPU is a 2600. please help im losing hope

2k-4k gaming starts with 16gb ram at bare minimum.

Turn RAM voltage up to 1.4v

>Gigabyte
Their mobos and GPUs are shit. What are you on about
>So, how much would I miss with freesync montior instead of gsync?
It's the exact same thing. Just one has an Nvidia licensing fee and the other on is free. Just as the name implies. It's Amds way of giving back to the customer and freeing us from Jewry

what makes you say that?

What would a typical PC build have looked like in 2012-2013? CPU? GPU? RAM?

The fact that increasing RAM voltage can make shit quality RAM run at the rated speed when it won't work at all at stock.

2500K, GTX670, 8GB 1600 DDR3

i didnt realize patriot was shit quality ram

For 1080p and into the future is it worth getting a Ryzen 3 series or stick with a 2600/X.

>b450m pro4
I would have liked to say your budget mobo is at fault.
>PV48G300C6K
Or that your ram is practically a no-name in the gayming market.
But your problem is a simple ryzen compatibility issue. The memory controller is doing the best it can
>2400 being the standard JEDEC standard
Your ram/mobo manufacturer just hasn't bothered setting an XML profile. Your ram was Manufactured with the intent of being used with an intel memory controller not a ryzen.
So your fucked. It's been 3 or 4 years since ryzens released and if they haven't fixed support/compatibility by now they never will.
Your gonna have to get a new ram. Sorry m8. But unfortunately this is the price you pay for being uninformed. If you posted your build here before buying we might have been able to warn you.
But in future be sure to check compatibility via qvl on the ram and mobo manufacturers website.
>Turn RAM voltage up to 1.4v
if 1.4v doesn't work try 1.45v then 1.5v.
Do you know how to OC ram? You might wanna try loosening timings aswell when your increasing the bandwidth. Just to see if that's one of the faults aswell.
But considering you went with 8gb which is bare minimum nowadays I'd say sell that cheap crap and upgrade

Patriot don't make RAM.
3000 C16 is bottom of the barrel bargain bin stuff using the lowest binned IC available.

Pro4 doesn't go higher than 1.4v. The board isn't the problem though, I've had 3400 stable on one.

>Pro4 doesn't go higher than 1.4v. The board isn't the problem though, I've had 3400 stable on one.
Regardless. Like I said your boards budget shit. The fact you can't push it to even 1.5v is ridiculous.
Lol just realised I might seem mean. Sorry if I hurt you feelings. I truly am.
That aside.
Like I said. It's your ram and the ryzen memory controller at fault. So you can go intel or get better ram. 8gb is disgusting m8. You can do better.
There is cheap ram that actually works well with ryzen. Get Corsair lpx vengeance(the budget mainstay of ryzen) Very cheap and will hit 3200mhz easy

but bro its on qvl. btw you werent talkin to me just now

Why did you post those irrelevant videos then which use onboard audio like the ban evader does, claiming Intel is better for audio production when it's not? You could see those EXACT same differences in number of cracks and pops, which he's measuring there, using 2 different boards with the same Intel CPU, or 2 different boards with an AMD CPU.
durrrrrrrr

If you're using a DAC, you won't have those issues.
In fact, since Ryzen has 2 USB directly on the SoC (4 with Zen2), you'd get less latency there.
Zen2 also has audio device directly on the SoC, which will reduce delay from the S/PDIF.

Zen2 is obviously the only thing you should consider for audio production unless it winds up being worse than it appears on paper, as it will have extremely low latency to devices with most everything directly on the SoC and chipset.
For current gen, the board matters more than the CPU, as explained above.

Board not going higher than 1.4v is a problem if you do want higher.
If you can't even get decent results to start with on 1.4v, yeah that sucks too.
Clock the mem manually, or send it back.
It's not surprising that Patriot memory would have trouble running XMP. I'd choose chinkshit like Team Group memory before buying Patriot.

>but bro its on qvl. btw you werent talkin to me just now
Do you know how to OC ram? Did you try loosening timings?

no clue how to manually oc ram

>but bro its on qvl. btw you werent talkin to me just now
Also can you send link to the qvl?

2x 8GB is the sweet spot right now
I have an R5 2600, but I don't hate Intel. Some anons sit in their moms' basements and get worked up over the company though

Try running at 2933. What do you mean by "can't get XMP to work"?

>It's the exact same thing.
It's not, but they perform similarly.

>It's Amds way of giving back to the customer
Oh look, it's a retard brand warrior

If you already have an R5 2600, don't bother upgrading. If you don't, you might want to wait. CPU is more involved with the Hz of you monitor rather than the res

His point wasn't about the cracks and pops, retard.

>ban evader
Quit talking about yourself in third person

>Oh look, it's a retard brand warrior
To think I was just mentioning how ryzens retarded memory controller is what probably screwing that other bloke over
>no clue how to manually oc ram
Well I think your well within your rights to return the ram if it's on the qvl and not performing as rated. False advertising and all. They'll take it back.
Post the qvl link though. You might be mistaken

why didnt Nvidia name their rtx' refresh super and not supra? would be much better

asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/#MemoryPR
i mean it bsods after a while of usage as if its an unstable setting.
refer to above

>his point wasn't
how do you know that wasn't "his" point it's not another of your false flagger personalities?
That's all that the videos went over.

also i have tried running at 2933 and samish result but lasts a little longer.

more volts will (probably) fix it

ok here goes

Ryzen 3600/2600 poster here. I actually have a very old i5 but I'm not in a great rush to upgrade. Just wondering since I could get a 2600, motherboard and memory for the price of a good Ryzen 3 cpu

i mean it bsods after a while of usage as if its an unstable setting.
Try downloading memtestx86. You can use that to check stability. It'll take you a few hours to learn everything and start fiddling with the OC.
Just cause your system boots doesn't mean it's stable. That's why you get bsod. Memtestx86 checks for stability issues so you don't have to wait for bsod to know your OC was unstable. Normally when your increasing bandwidth you need to loosen timings
Found this
community.amd.com/thread/226806
Just type in Google "ryzen pv48g300c6k" and you get a ton of people with issues
>RAM support told me that "Unfortunately, AMD has been dragging their feet with releasing updates to support higher frequency DRAM in their Ryzen platform. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to hit 3000+ MHz but we have qualified those speeds with consistency in several motherboards." .

>how do you know that wasn't "his" point
Because I can read, you fucking schizo. He literally never mentions cracks or pops in his post and only addresses them later after you bring them up here along with your paranoid schizophrenia.

which one would you buy?

Attached: image.jpg (714x627, 88K)

Anyone here heard of GABA GL-2702QHD? Its a hungarian monitor 1440p 144hz that's like 220euro.How hard can it suck?

It's the only thing the videos he links shows, that the confirmed ban evader also linked the previous day.

The shit he was posting was just blatant trolling
>intel is better for my use case
with no explanation

Sounds like it was just you, and you're now covering for "him" after being BTFO with another one of your personalities.

I need to clean and organize my cables this week. Currently I have them taped the back of my desk ghetto style.

What are some of the better cable ties or wraps? I don't have enought room to use the cable rack.

Attached: 51iJXxggAsL.jpg (500x500, 40K)

>I'm not in a great rush to upgrade
Wait for reviews/benchmarks, check them. Personally I'm happy with my R5 2600
techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_9700K/12.html
You can probably imagine an R5 3600 performing like an i5 8400/9400 or a little better in the games where the i5 beats the R5 2600. If you don't care about absolutely maximizing your framerate (which would include removing GPU load by turning down settings, eg in a PvP shooter), the R5 2600 is clearly the better value

>confirmed ban evader
The only thing that's confirmed is your schizophrenia

>which one would you buy?
The most expensive cause I'm an idiot
>Anyone here heard of GABA GL-2702QHD? Its a hungarian monitor 1440p 144hz that's like 220euro.How hard can it suck?
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/apl6uj/cheap_unknown_brand_1440p_monitor/
Bite the bullet and get back to us.
But these guys make a valid point. They wouldn't be really be making the parts themselves just salvaging the parts that don't match the high standards of of/Samsung and the like. Then putting it together. Think of it as a b-rate monitor.
If your a hypochondriac you'll probably hate the monitor.

None.
3600c16.

I'm building a PC and was planning to use an i7 8700k and RTX 2070. Is it worth waiting for either the "super" series or Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700? My main concern is missing a good price / performance deal.

Attached: file.png (1908x1073, 1.25M)

Alright thanks. I have actually used memtest before on this system. i remember getting errors. ill try poking around some more

I would wait. You can probably get 2070 perf in the 2060 Super for 100USD less. Also consider getting an R5 3600, considering it'll probably be close to the 8700K

Thanks, I had another question

Is it practical to by a 2TB SSD? I would probably end up using 75% of the space. Is there a better way to handle storage?

but... OP said 3200 is ideal.

OP is obsolete.

Do you really need that much space on your SSD?
Seriously do you?
Because in that territory I find it hard to believe you need over a tb of space just for programs and games.

In terms of price/perf, it is.

Depends, I have old 120GB 850 Pro as my boot, a 1TB MX500 for games, and 2x 2TB Hitatchi + 1x 4TB HGST for archival purposes

Can 2600x be good for 1440p 144hz gaming? Or should I go all out and get a 3700x when it comes out

Get the absolute best CPU you can afford for 144hz.

Only you can decide, see my comments here

B550 and A520 chispet produced by ASMedia, PCIe 3.0 supported

>Alright thanks. I have actually used memtest before on this system. i remember getting errors. ill try poking around some more
Good luck m8. I'd be interested to hear your results. Though honestly I'd return that ram. 8gb is sad

Coming 2020, don't forget that bit.

If you were already knew about computers, at least you knew about the risk of losing everything.
I only get mad when it happens to people who can't into computers, because they don't know what they are getting into and they only "learn"[1] after they lose everything.

[1] many "learn" by buying an external HDD. the problem is that they care the damn HDD everywhere and end up fucking up the external HDD itself (e.g. throwing your college bag onto the ground with the hdd inside).

finally replaced me stock cooler
now im a real boy

Attached: IMG_20190615_203624.jpg (1916x1426, 739K)

Looks good, tell us about your build please.

I see your block is nzxt but what model?
The same goes for tower and your gpu.

This is a snap dragon 2019 machine?

why is the ASUS Prime B360M-A not on your shitty part picker website

if im just going to be gaming w/ voip and maybe having a video open on another monitor, do i need 8c/16t? can i save money just buying the 3600x?

im not sure what you mean by block.
it's an nzxt 400 case.

???
2700x

>been having stutter for months with my ryzen 2600
>enter bios and fuck with settings
>nothing works
>turn off hyperthreading randomly
>stutter 100% gone
what is this shit this is windows 10 isnt it didnt do this on 7

ive not being having these issues

Are these good deals? Or am I gonna be scammed?

Attached: FB_IMG_1560630901648.jpg (720x510, 50K)

your lucky then i guess its like night and day for me i wonder if this is the windows 10 scheduling bug amd was talking about

Normal prices for bottom tier sata ssds.

does this pic mean that x470 motherboards wont need a bios update for zen 2 while the x370 will?

Attached: 1530774321700.png (1510x849, 1.21M)

No, all boards except 500 series will need BIOS updates for Zen2

I got a 1TB MX500 for 120USD, and I think they're cheaper now, so I'd say scam. You can check the relative performance of the SSD on ssd.userbenchmark

Intel bankrupt by 2020

Really?

Attached: Intel-Sunny-Cove-10nm-Ice-Lake-ES-CPU-Comet-Lake-CPU-AMD-Ryzen-3000-CPU-Single-Core-Performance-Benc (1601x915, 284K)

Get an Adata instead.

>Adata
What are you, fucking retarded? I would've been fine with WD, but Adata makes some of the shittiest parts out there. Their ram sucks hard, their SSDs aren't even on par with fucking Kingston.

I want to add a second 8gb stick to my g.skill value 2400mhz cl17 (F4-2400C17-8GNT) but i cant find the same exact model anymore
if i put g.skill value 2400mhz cl15 ( F4-2400C15S-8GNT ) would they work together in dual channel? im on Ryzen mobo
current stick is overclocked to 2933mhz and 16cl timings

How much frequency do you have to drop on average when you add a second set of DIMMs to a dual channel MB with 4 slots set up in daisy chain?
I've run into limitations with big queries on 32gb. While making smarter queries and dividing the work into segments is an option, doubling RAM doesn't sound too bad either - provided it's not going to force me down to JEDEC speeds.

Average because specifics can't be known for ryzen 2 at this point.

When will gaymd have a gpu capable of 4k 60fps? When nvidia has an 8k 144fps card?

The 5700XT will be a barely passable (in the tranny sense) 4K card

Nice confirmed fake

Radeon VII can do this

source: my own Radeon VII

Current have an i7 970 that's unstable and runs hot as fuck. Should I get a R5 2600 for 210 Canuck bux or an R7 2700 for 300 Canuck bux?
Ideally I would like an R9 3950X but that doesn't come out until September and I need a new PC now. Figured I could throw in whatever I get now into my server that's using a 200GE when I upgrade to the R9

Attached: 1560566561298.gif (480x270, 3.38M)

Best prebuilt company in US?
I'm moving there soon for work and I can claim back tax on big purchases.

Why not just get the 3900 in ~3 weeks?

Because I need a PC for work on Monday, I can next day ship the parts through Amazon

>Coffelake
the creator should have had a few extra cups of coffeâ„¢ before publishing his "leak"

depends on what you're playing. It gets in the 60-90 1% minimums range in some games, but others can do 120-165+.

holy shit what makes you think those are good deals?
one of the worst SSDs for almost twice as much as what good ones cost

I wouldn't get the 2700 when it looks like the 3600 is going to be faster.
2600 is great value if you're not looking for the highest possible framerates.

Are ITX 570 boards just a meme? You don't get many PCI-E slots so what are you paying the extra for?

Also, is ITX too small to build a powerful system? Seems like mATX is dead.

Attached: 675.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

underclock your 970 for stability.

Hey lads, looking to upgrade my gaming PC, I have an old Radeon 7800 that I want to upgrade, and I'm looking for a new mouse and mechanical keyboard to upgrade to from my g600/g105. What would you guys recommend?

get crucial

Mouse: Logitech G903
Keyboard: Corsair K75/65

Could an r7 3700x possibly run well with a 2060 super on a b450 with 3200 ram? I see ((they)) recommend 3733 for ideal performance on the 3700x's coming out, but I don't know how ram works and don't see any boards in the 100-200 range that state they run well with 3733. Most seem to top at 3200 listed. I've never tried to build a pc before. I know there are better options, just asking hypothetically to cover some questions

still using the same pc today, but with changed gpu (r7 270)
i5 760, 8gb ddr 1600mhz ram, 1tb hdd, gtx 460