GNOME now is the undisputed King DE of Linux, Lenovo just anounced that newer thinpads will come with Ubuntu 18...

GNOME now is the undisputed King DE of Linux, Lenovo just anounced that newer thinpads will come with Ubuntu 18.04 preinstalled as default, since Dell and System76 also ship with GNOME as default, this BTFO the KTard for eternity. Long live to the standard DE of Linux.

Attached: king_GNOME.png (459x684, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yIflLxNyPBo&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lenovo just anounced that newer thinpads will come with Ubuntu 18.04 preinstalled as default
source?

youtube.com/watch?v=yIflLxNyPBo&feature=youtu.be

that's nice, but nvidia on linux? Isn't the driver support still absolute dogshit?

it's just a DE, OP
as long as everyone plays nice with freedesktop standards, there is no issue

BaSeD

now everyone will experience the gnome's lag and hate linux

I don't care who uses it or doesn't use it user. I don't like it and will keep using xfce as I've done for the last 10 years.

so you're saying this is what the normies will get if they buy a lenovo with preinstalled linux?
>gnome so simle even normies can use it
And that's a good thing.

if it was absolute dogshit how come most non neet workstations are centos/red hat retard

How are these two related?

Ho ho ho ha ha, ho ho ho he ha. 'Ello, my old chum. I’m gnot an gnelf. I’m gnot a goblin. I’m a gnome. And you’ve been, GNOMED!!!

Attached: gnomed.jpg (220x190, 7K)

>hurr durr how is hardware acceleration related to computers

>hurr durr implying every server uses Novideo.

sudo apt install kubuntu-desktop && sudo apt purge ubuntu-desktop && sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

Just one extra installation step required, then

>Krashes

That's an Ubuntu problem though

Unavoidable, but is not the point, GNOME is now the face of the Linux DE.

Neon too, which is supposed to be __the__ KDE distro

Thanks GNOME for preventing the year of the loonix desktop.

sure but how?

By being all-around shit

t. otherfag

Give it up, it's never going to happen unless OEMs start shipping some linux distros as the per-installed OS of choice. But knowing how the manufacturers handle software as it is, it still isn't going to be great.

>DE is literally a foot
lmao

>DE is literally a K with a gear
>DE is literally 4 squares but angled
>DE is literally an apple but someone misclicked with a white brush on his paint program
I mean you're right but a lot bad can be said about its concurrence too.

This
Not gonna make it with novideo on lnux

KDE/plasma is based
And probably more efficient than GHNOOME
pic related

Attached: 1492565961.slychestnut_konqi_diapered.jpg (914x1280, 92K)

You should see tthe positives. More widespread adoption of Linux will incentivize Nvidea to make drivers.

But I don't care, because amdgpu drivers just works
I'm not doing tensor flow, so, fuck Nvidia, they never were good guys for open source

Good. As soon as normalniggers become a significant majority of users, the software in question gets dumbed down and ruined. Decent DEs existed without widespread usage and I don't see why that should change.

Attached: Allah_Akbar.jpg (444x470, 40K)

I mean, i like gnome, but i think a lot of the things that are currently tweaks should be defaults. And the default Gnome apps do need a fair bit of polish still. On one hand they are nice and simple to use, on another their functionality is hampered by too much simplicity, they need a better balance.